SunniBrother

Greatests Shia Scholars of the Past

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, SunniBrother said:

What title says above.. Please post scholars of shia Islam regardless of being twelver, ismaeli, zaydi, or other groups.

Mulla Sadra  .

Ayatullah javad Maliki Tabrizi. 

Imam Khomeini. 

Ayatullah Mohhamad Hussain Tabatbaie. 

Ayatullah Amini (The author of Al-Ghadeer)

Ayatullah Murtadha Mutahari (Mostly confronting Western ideologies and responsible for writing massively for youths)

Ayatullah Dasteghaib Sheerazi (Author of many prominent books including Greater Sins)

Ayatullah Khoei (Aa'lam of his time)

Ayatullah Abdul Kareem Haeri Yazdi (Creator of Hawza Ilmiya Qom)

Ayatullah Bahuddini

Ayatullah Mohammad Taqi Behjat (Greatest Mystic of his time)

Ayatullah Seyed Ali Aqa Qazi Tabatabai (The greatest Mystic of his time, teacher of Ayatullah Behjat and Ayatullah Hussein Tabatabai)

Ayatullah Mirza Mohammad Ali Shah abadi

and many more... 

Edited by Waseem162

On 9/15/2017 at 3:01 AM, Hassan- said:

Easily Imam Khomeini (ra).

This is what I just read about Imam Khomeini RA and wept for his great piety. There is so much we don't know about his high status among the Ulema. :cry: 

[Imam Khomeini] He used to perform wudu facing Qibla 

Whenever Imam used to peform wudu, he would carry out all the actions of wudu facing the Qibla.  Even if the bathroom was not facing the Qibla, every time after taking a palmful of water, he would close the tap and put the water on his face or hand while facing the Qibla.

https://www.al-islam.org/rays-of-the-sun-eighty-three-stories-from-life-of-imam-khomeini/imam-and-prayers#he-used-perform-wudu-facing-qibla

There are a lot of great scholars

However I find Tabatabai very special and he was the first scholar I got inspired from when I started practicing Islam(as before I was not religious). I love reading about Tabatabai's ife as there is a lot to learn.

Also, I love Khamanei. There is just something sweet about his personality.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

34 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

There are a lot of great scholars

However I find Tabatabai very special and he was the first scholar I got inspired from when I started practicing Islam(as before I was not religious). I love reading about Tabatabai's ife as there is a lot to learn.

Also, I love Khamanei. There is just something sweet about his personality.

I love Khamenei and Khomeini. Whenever I listen to Ayatollah Khomeini's speech, it gives me good feeling.

Ayatollah Ghazy Tabatabayi was the master of Allameh Tabatabayi in Najaf. They were relatives, BTW.

Edited by AmirAlmuminin Lover