Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, SunniBrother said:

No brother. The Prophet (s.a.w.s) ordered to fast on that day because Muslims are closer to Musa (a.s) then the Jews. Grief doesn't stop one for praising Allah. In fact the martyrdom of Hussein (r.a) is a honor Allah gave him to die as Islam greatest martyr. I don't agree giving candies to commemorate, this is wrong, maybe salafis do and this doesn't make sense since we are supposed to fast. This can be viewed as many forms and fasting to praise Allah on that day should be a form of thanks for saving Islam through Hussein (r.a) martyrdom like when Musa (a.s) crossed the red sea liberating Bani Israel from the Pharaoh oppression and allowing them to worship Allah in the same manner Hussein (r.a) martyrdom saved Islam from the destruction at the hands of Yazid (l). So why shouldn't we praise Allah while remembering Hussein (r.a)?

Fasting Myth debunked:

1 hour ago, AfricanShia said:

Then why are you Sunni in the first place?

Because only people with problems of identity and personality seek monolithic solutions like the Salafis. People who don't have mental problems or identity crisis have no problems with different views emanating from the same divine source of guidance (Qur'an). Islam was never monolithic, deal with it.

2 hours ago, SunniBrother said:

Because only people with problems of identity and personality seek monolithic solutions like the Salafis. People who don't have mental problems or identity crisis have no problems with different views emanating from the same divine source of guidance (Qur'an). Islam was never monolithic, deal with it.

Denying servants of Allah like the Ahlulbayt (as) is not Islamic. Its called being a Heretic. Deal with that. 

12 hours ago, Deceptive223 said:

Salam W Alaykum

I am in a very confusing situation right now.. I have been stressing too much about it.

I am originally a Shia Lebanese and live abroad with my family and have been doing it ever since I was kid. I always had in mind that I would marry a Lebanese girl since Lebanese suffer of extreme nationalism. For the past 3 months I have been dating an Iraqi girl who I adore and admire. I enjoy every second with her. When we first started talking she told me that her father is Sunni and her mother is Shia but she has very little knowledge of both, so she told me doesn't count herself as either. When we would go out, we would kiss (I know, haram) but I kissed her and then told her that what we are doing is wrong and we should do Mut'a (she was married before and I asked a Sheikh about it and he told me it is permissible). She was reacted in a negative way and didn't like the idea because in her point of view, kissing and such are not haram because we live in a different era etc.

But I explained to her that that is not the way I see it and so on. After about 1.5 month I managed to convince her to do Mut'a and we are both happy. My goal with this girl is to marry her but right now she tells me she is more into Sunni because of her father (he is not even living with her) and her view on Shia is bit weird because she has only a couple of friends of Shia and they were bad people and her mother didn't teach her a lot. Right now, we are in a critical situation where I told her that if I want to marry her, I am expecting her to pray, eat halal food only and fast and I would prefer if she would be Shia and I told her that I could prove to her why Shia is wrong using Sunni and Shia hadith. But she is very upset and I know her point of view on religion is a little bit European since she grew up here. But I am willing to sacrifice a lot to change her mind and we are almost on the edge of breakup because of this. Please what are your views on this ? I am really stressing about this and in my opinion, if she is Sunni but loves Ahlul Bayt I would not have a lot of problems with it but I would still worry about my children since I prefer them to be Shia..

Please, ANY ADVICE/OPINIONS WOULD BE EXTREMELY APPRECIATED.

AC

Salaam Alaykum

Look at my words as your brother.

Probably most of the comments here didn't solve be your problem. From what I read, it is very important to you to have Shia kids. That is good. The thing is that NEVER sacrifice on this goal.

There is a good example of Shia-Sunni marriage in your story. Your girl family is Shia-Sunni marriage, and you see that this marriage ended up with a kid(this girl) that has LITTLE knowledge of both(shiite and Sunnism). She doesn't follow each of them the way she should do. Kissing non-mahram is Haram in both Shiite and Sunnism.

Another point is that you want to think of marriage with this girl with the HOPE of making her a PRACTICING Shia one day. What if she NEVER wanted to be practicing Muslim? You said she considers kissing(sort of Zena) Halal. There is a high chance that maybe she doesn't want to be religious.

Brother! Kissing non-mahram is Haram. Why didn't you save yourself? Why didn't you wait till Allah send you his Halal? Be very regretful on this and ask Allah for forgiveness and never do that again.

In your post I see that you are willing to show some sort of flexibility and sacrifice for this problem. What kind of flexibility and sacrifice did she show to you? You are planning for marriage, and family is TWO-SIDED sacrifice.

Whatever you do, don't make your decision when you have some children. That time is too late to get rid of this situation.

Prophet: " عقود (marriage contracts) have been written in skies before". Trust Allah and be wise.

9 hours ago, SunniBrother said:

ou can teach the kids both sides and they can decide when older. Can't really blame her, shia are weird when they beat themselves with blades until they are all covered in blood. Especially with those images on internet and those hysterical sheikhs screaming ya Hussein and beating themselves, so it may turn her off.

This is not from Islam, as it is haram to beat your body until you cause it harm. 

They are overdoing it. 

Chest-breating, on the other hand, is a cultural way of expressing grief and is acceptable.

7 hours ago, SunniBrother said:

Since when beating yourself in public with blades, harming and deforming the creation of Allah is purification? There are other ways to remember and grief and show steadfastness like donating blood or fasting if you want.

It is not purification to beat yourself with a blade. That is not a part of Islam as your body has a right over you. 

On 9/13/2017 at 4:56 PM, SunniBrother said:

I agree completely with your view

But as the sectarian divide deepened the more rigid deeply entrenched viewpoints have become more and more popular

UPDATE

So me and the girl decided to seperate for 1 month just to clear our minds. She started crying a lot when we were talking and I started crying too since my feelings are too strong for this girl. I really want to give it another shot but with some rules. That she will raise my children and teach them praying, fasting, eating halal food ONLY and I can take care of the rest when it comes to Ahlulbayt etc´and if she agrees upon it I might give it a shot.

One thing though that made me worry is that her family (her cousins, not her own family) drink alcohol when celebrating something but she and her mother who she lives with don't drink. That made me a bit worried since my family and alcohol don't mix together. But she agreed that she would not let our children drink if we ever would have children. And we texted a bit this morning and we are talking about sacrificing for each other. So I will see what she has to tell me.

Only time will tell.

9 hours ago, Deceptive223 said:

UPDATE

So me and the girl decided to seperate for 1 month just to clear our minds. She started crying a lot when we were talking and I started crying too since my feelings are too strong for this girl. I really want to give it another shot but with some rules. That she will raise my children and teach them praying, fasting, eating halal food ONLY and I can take care of the rest when it comes to Ahlulbayt etc´and if she agrees upon it I might give it a shot.

One thing though that made me worry is that her family (her cousins, not her own family) drink alcohol when celebrating something but she and her mother who she lives with don't drink. That made me a bit worried since my family and alcohol don't mix together. But she agreed that she would not let our children drink if we ever would have children. And we texted a bit this morning and we are talking about sacrificing for each other. So I will see what she has to tell me.

Only time will tell.

Children always follow their mothers - almost always.

While she may let you raise your children as shia, she will never be able to instill the love of the Ahlul Bayt into them as a shia mother would.

Sushi children end up being nothing usually.