Jump to content
SunniBrother

Salafism and Sunnism

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, SunniBrother said:

I honestly don't know. People are too tolerant of salafis. As long as the west keep buying Saudi oil, Saudi will still export wahhabism every where.

salafis/wahhabis believe in 3 division of tauhid. i think, this is unique to them only.

thus, the best way to refute them is to prove this division of tauhid into 3, is one of the bigger innovation in aqeedah, if not the biggest, ever made in history.

does it really purify one's tauhid? idk.

or

is it just a mechanism to make halal the blood of other ahli qiblat and their properties/women too? idk.  i'm not a scholar.

but i do believe, now (more than ever) is a good time to "fastabiqul khairat...."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, hoskot said:

salafis/wahhabis believe in 3 division of tauhid. i think, this is unique to them only.

thus, the best way to refute them is to prove this division of tauhid into 3, is one of the bigger innovation in aqeedah, if not the biggest, ever made in history.

does it really purify one's tauhid? idk.

or

is it just a mechanism to make halal the blood of other ahli qiblat and their properties/women too? idk.  i'm not a scholar.

but i do believe, now (more than ever) is a good time to "fastabiqul khairat...."

Imam Ali (r.a) teached the correct tawheed. Every Muslim follow that. Yes division of Tawheed is a innovation from Ibn Taymiyyah. It cannot even be divided because it overlaps and is contrary to the meaning of Tawheed.

Edited by SunniBrother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SunniBrother said:

No. I did not

Why not brother?

Is there a common understanding of whats haqq when it comes to saudi and wahabism/salafism? If theres not, why do you remain silent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Why not brother?

Is there a common understanding of whats haqq when it comes to saudi and wahabism/salafism? If theres not, why do you remain silent?

Because people are quick to jump to conclusions. It needs tackle and patience to talk to them. The way things are is really ugly if you hold a different position. Send me a Private Message

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SunniBrother said:

Because people are quick to jump to conclusions. It needs tackle and patience to talk to them. The way things are is really ugly if you hold a different position. Send me a Private Message

What do you mean?

What kind of conclusions would they jump to? Your not in the local masjid now so you can tell us all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SunniBrother said:

Imam Ali (r.a) teached the correct tawheed. Every Muslim follow that. Yes division of Tawheed is a innovation from Ibn Taymiyyah. It cannot even be divided because it overlaps and is contrary to the meaning of Tawheed.

i'm referring to the bold part.

sorry bro, we may differ here. i believe,  imam Ali (as) just preserved the correct teachings of the prophet saww.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, hoskot said:

i'm referring to the bold part.

sorry bro, we may differ here. i believe,  imam Ali (as) just preserved the correct teachings of the prophet saww.

Yes. That's what I meant. I may not have expressed in the correct manner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎13‎-‎9‎-‎2017 at 1:20 AM, SunniBrother said:

Will Salafi export funded by Saudi Arabia overtake Traditional Sunnism? Are the traditional Sunnis too weak to confront the wahhabi menace? Will salafism become the mainstream Sunni Islam in a few years? What is your thoughts on this and why.

In an age of individuality where one is motivated to use his own mind it's hard to defend the consideraton of only the Four Madahib being legal as if they were sent from heaven.

The rule that there are only Four Madahib and that one is obliged to follow only one madhab in particular is based on nothing and just implemented by some Turkic rulers once in time to controll the masses.

At the other hand Salafism is promoting to do ijtihad but ironically doing ijtihad will probably lead people to other sects or thoughts than Salafism,

Salafism promotes ijtihad as a way to mock mainstream sunnism while Salafism is in fact based on a very strict methodology to Judge matters as well. I believe it's the most textual and less rational sect of all.

Salafism nor sunnism are not able to satisfy the needs of the critical thinker.

Edited by Faruk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering if the lack of formal hierarchy within Sunni Islam (specifically Salafist/Wahhabist branches) leads to inconsistent theology and even extremism. Unlike the Shia, they do not have Ayatollah al-Uzma, etc. 

 

An analogy within Christianity would be the difference between Catholics and Anabaptists, with the latter operating in a free and unconstrained way, with little formal authority. This also gives Anabaptists (protestants) a certain advantage in that they can raise funds, find followers, and set up places of worship, without having to "get permission" so to speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Silas said:

I was wondering if the lack of formal hierarchy within Sunni Islam (specifically Salafist/Wahhabist branches) leads to inconsistent theology and even extremism. Unlike the Shia, they do not have Ayatollah al-Uzma, etc. 

 

An analogy within Christianity would be the difference between Catholics and Anabaptists, with the latter operating in a free and unconstrained way, with little formal authority. This also gives Anabaptists (protestants) a certain advantage in that they can raise funds, find followers, and set up places of worship, without having to "get permission" so to speak.

Yes I wondered that once. Sunnis are the only ones without central leadership so everyone kinda do whatever they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Silas said:

I was wondering if the lack of formal hierarchy within Sunni Islam (specifically Salafist/Wahhabist branches) leads to inconsistent theology and even extremism. Unlike the Shia, they do not have Ayatollah al-Uzma, etc. 

 

An analogy within Christianity would be the difference between Catholics and Anabaptists, with the latter operating in a free and unconstrained way, with little formal authority. This also gives Anabaptists (protestants) a certain advantage in that they can raise funds, find followers, and set up places of worship, without having to "get permission" so to speak.

Good point Silas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2017 at 6:20 PM, SunniBrother said:

Will Salafi export funded by Saudi Arabia overtake Traditional Sunnism? Are the traditional Sunnis too weak to confront the wahhabi menace? Will salafism become the mainstream Sunni Islam in a few years? What is your thoughts on this and why.

Yes

Lots more Money 

Simplicity appeals to ignorant masses 

It's rigid authoritarian rule is easier to control by traditional tyrants 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

    • That did not only said 35% fat only.....It says 35% rich but you are only stuck with fat bro. Get out of it, it says proteins, calories, fats and so on so forth. Secondly, this is just a research about cows and monkeys, it isn't about humans but it says that there is difference between milk of male and female infants. Finally, you could see the change yourself that you posted 1 liter to be 1.027 kg and I posted 1.03 kg, Even though, it was not mentioned if the milk was freshly drawn or kept for a time which may affect it's content. Finally, repeating again, you need samples to weight for baby girl's milk against baby boy's which unfortunately neither you nor I have. So, until this happens, I stick to my belief and you stick to what you belief,  
    • I also find the Quran and the Hebrew Bible being more similar. The Hebrew Bible being a milennium older than the Quran sets rules for almost everything. The Quran have taken some of it, while the New Testament has very few laws and apeals to its believers to use the consciense given by God. Slaughter sacrifice is originally pagan. Judaism grew out of paganism. In Judaisms infancy (early first milennium BC) even human sacrifice existed. The Hebrew Bible tell the story, and science confirm it. (Human sacrifice still existed in Sweden when Muhammed lived! ) Christianity evolved from Judaism. The first Christians were Jews. The first followers of Islam were Arabs. In this way Christianity and Judaism is more related.  Muslims believe Quran is Gods word sent to Muhammed by the angel. Christians do not believe so. Neither do I. I believe Arabs for some reason adapted the personalities and stories from the Bible. Clearly most of it from the Hebrew Bible. This is why Islam is closer to Judaism.
    • More Differences:

      His Vision:

      It is narrated through good chains of narrators that Imam Muhammad Baqir (a.s.) said: “The Holy Prophet (S) said that the eyes of we prophets sleep but our souls remain awake and I see from behind as I see in front."

      https://www.al-islam.org/hayat-al-qulub-vol-2-allamah-muhammad-baqir-al-majlisi/prophet-s-appearance-character-physique

      This is also reported by Bukhari & Muslim:

      Al-Bukhaari (741) and Muslim (424) narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Do you think that I face the qiblah (and do not know what you are doing)? By Allah, your bowing and prostrating are not hidden from me; I can see you behind my back.”  Ahmad (9504) narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) led us in praying Zuhr, and in the last row there was a man who prayed badly. When he said the salaam, the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) called him and said: “O So and so, do you not fear Allah? Do you not see how you pray. You think that you could hide from me some of what you do, but by Allah I can see behind me as well as I can see in front of me.” Classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani (may Allah have mercy on him) in Mishkaat al-Masaabeeh (no. 811)  His Sleep:

      It is mentioned in some other traditions that Imam Ja’far Sadiq (a.s.) said: Once Abu Dharr went to meet the Holy Prophet (S) but was told that he was in another orchard. When Abu Dharr reached there, he saw the Prophet asleep. Abu Dharr took a dry stick and broke it just to ascertain whether he was really asleep. The Prophet opened his eyes and said: “O Abu Dharr, are you testing me? Do you not know that I see you in my sleep as I see you when awake? My eyes sleep but not my soul.”

      https://www.al-islam.org/hayat-al-qulub-vol-2-allamah-muhammad-baqir-al-majlisi/prophet-s-appearance-character-physique Miscellaneous Reports:

       A cloud always shaded him in the sun.
      No foul smell ever reached the Holy Prophet (S)
      Anything in which the saliva of the Holy Prophet (S) fell became auspicious. It could heal the sick.
      The Holy Prophet (S) could speak every language.
      The Holy Prophet (S) could hear voices even when asleep. He could hear talks of angels which others could not. He also could know what was in other’s minds.
      Pebbles recited the glory of God in his holy palm.
      When the Holy Prophet (S) walked on soft soil, his feet did not leave marks thereon. On the contrary when he walked on hard ground, it left his foot marks.
      When the Holy Prophet (S) walked in the sun, he did not cast any shadow.

       
    • Yeah, I know that. I am not opposing it due to candies but scary faces for even smaller things results in bigger dangers. Why not funny and cute masks for girls such as fairies and warriors for girls and boys not scary faces.
×