SunniBrother

Salafism and Sunnism

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, SunniBrother said:

I honestly don't know. People are too tolerant of salafis. As long as the west keep buying Saudi oil, Saudi will still export wahhabism every where.

salafis/wahhabis believe in 3 division of tauhid. i think, this is unique to them only.

thus, the best way to refute them is to prove this division of tauhid into 3, is one of the bigger innovation in aqeedah, if not the biggest, ever made in history.

does it really purify one's tauhid? idk.

or

is it just a mechanism to make halal the blood of other ahli qiblat and their properties/women too? idk.  i'm not a scholar.

but i do believe, now (more than ever) is a good time to "fastabiqul khairat...."

17 minutes ago, hoskot said:

salafis/wahhabis believe in 3 division of tauhid. i think, this is unique to them only.

thus, the best way to refute them is to prove this division of tauhid into 3, is one of the bigger innovation in aqeedah, if not the biggest, ever made in history.

does it really purify one's tauhid? idk.

or

is it just a mechanism to make halal the blood of other ahli qiblat and their properties/women too? idk.  i'm not a scholar.

but i do believe, now (more than ever) is a good time to "fastabiqul khairat...."

Imam Ali (r.a) teached the correct tawheed. Every Muslim follow that. Yes division of Tawheed is a innovation from Ibn Taymiyyah. It cannot even be divided because it overlaps and is contrary to the meaning of Tawheed.

Edited by SunniBrother

12 hours ago, SunniBrother said:

No. I did not

Why not brother?

Is there a common understanding of whats haqq when it comes to saudi and wahabism/salafism? If theres not, why do you remain silent?

5 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Why not brother?

Is there a common understanding of whats haqq when it comes to saudi and wahabism/salafism? If theres not, why do you remain silent?

Because people are quick to jump to conclusions. It needs tackle and patience to talk to them. The way things are is really ugly if you hold a different position. Send me a Private Message

9 minutes ago, SunniBrother said:

Because people are quick to jump to conclusions. It needs tackle and patience to talk to them. The way things are is really ugly if you hold a different position. Send me a Private Message

What do you mean?

What kind of conclusions would they jump to? Your not in the local masjid now so you can tell us all.

23 hours ago, SunniBrother said:

Imam Ali (r.a) teached the correct tawheed. Every Muslim follow that. Yes division of Tawheed is a innovation from Ibn Taymiyyah. It cannot even be divided because it overlaps and is contrary to the meaning of Tawheed.

i'm referring to the bold part.

sorry bro, we may differ here. i believe,  imam Ali (as) just preserved the correct teachings of the prophet saww.

16 minutes ago, hoskot said:

i'm referring to the bold part.

sorry bro, we may differ here. i believe,  imam Ali (as) just preserved the correct teachings of the prophet saww.

Yes. That's what I meant. I may not have expressed in the correct manner.

On ‎13‎-‎9‎-‎2017 at 1:20 AM, SunniBrother said:

Will Salafi export funded by Saudi Arabia overtake Traditional Sunnism? Are the traditional Sunnis too weak to confront the wahhabi menace? Will salafism become the mainstream Sunni Islam in a few years? What is your thoughts on this and why.

In an age of individuality where one is motivated to use his own mind it's hard to defend the consideraton of only the Four Madahib being legal as if they were sent from heaven.

The rule that there are only Four Madahib and that one is obliged to follow only one madhab in particular is based on nothing and just implemented by some Turkic rulers once in time to controll the masses.

At the other hand Salafism is promoting to do ijtihad but ironically doing ijtihad will probably lead people to other sects or thoughts than Salafism,

Salafism promotes ijtihad as a way to mock mainstream sunnism while Salafism is in fact based on a very strict methodology to Judge matters as well. I believe it's the most textual and less rational sect of all.

Salafism nor sunnism are not able to satisfy the needs of the critical thinker.

Edited by Faruk

I was wondering if the lack of formal hierarchy within Sunni Islam (specifically Salafist/Wahhabist branches) leads to inconsistent theology and even extremism. Unlike the Shia, they do not have Ayatollah al-Uzma, etc. 

An analogy within Christianity would be the difference between Catholics and Anabaptists, with the latter operating in a free and unconstrained way, with little formal authority. This also gives Anabaptists (protestants) a certain advantage in that they can raise funds, find followers, and set up places of worship, without having to "get permission" so to speak.

2 hours ago, Silas said:

I was wondering if the lack of formal hierarchy within Sunni Islam (specifically Salafist/Wahhabist branches) leads to inconsistent theology and even extremism. Unlike the Shia, they do not have Ayatollah al-Uzma, etc. 

An analogy within Christianity would be the difference between Catholics and Anabaptists, with the latter operating in a free and unconstrained way, with little formal authority. This also gives Anabaptists (protestants) a certain advantage in that they can raise funds, find followers, and set up places of worship, without having to "get permission" so to speak.

Yes I wondered that once. Sunnis are the only ones without central leadership so everyone kinda do whatever they want.

9 hours ago, Silas said:

Good point Silas.

On 9/12/2017 at 6:20 PM, SunniBrother said:

Will Salafi export funded by Saudi Arabia overtake Traditional Sunnism? Are the traditional Sunnis too weak to confront the wahhabi menace? Will salafism become the mainstream Sunni Islam in a few years? What is your thoughts on this and why.

Yes

Lots more Money 

Simplicity appeals to ignorant masses 

It's rigid authoritarian rule is easier to control by traditional tyrants