MuslimahAK

Prophets and martyrdom

Rate this topic

Bismillah ir Arahman ir Rahim

Salamu Alaikum!

I am curious if its true that all Prophets and Messengers of Allah, Alaihu Salam, die as martyrs, and that they know ahead of time?

Is it so they can be intercessors for their Ummah on the day of Judgement?

Shukran. 

7 minutes ago, MuslimahAK said:

Salamu Alaikum!

I am curious if its true that all Prophets and Messengers of Allah, Alaihu Salam, die as martyrs, and that they know ahead of time?

Shukran. 

Aleikum Salam

No. Prophets didn't died martyrs, they died after completing the task Allah gave them.

Only Muhammad (s.a.w.s) will intercede for his ummah, it's called Shafa. Other prophets will intercede for their ummah. For example - Musa (a.s) will intercede for his followers and Isa (a.s) for his followers and so on.

5 minutes ago, MuslimahAK said:

What about Isa, and John the Baptist?

Yes, this two died as martyrs however they died when Allah willed them to die in such, men didn't killed them because they don't have the capacity to destroy Allah message but they were only led to believe that they did. Allah allowed them to die after they completed the Mission He gave them.

But can't we that of everyone? Muhammad Sallallu alaihi wa salam. So many attempts on his life, and none of them succeeded until his mission was complete. and the same with our mother alaiha salam and so forth?

7 minutes ago, MuslimahAK said:

But can't we that of everyone? Muhammad Sallallu alaihi wa salam. So many attempts on his life, and none of them succeeded until his mission was complete. and the same with our mother alaiha salam and so forth?

They sacrificed their life for the sake of Allah and the mission. This is true. But they weren't martyrs in the sense of a shaheed.

On 9/11/2017 at 3:32 PM, SunniBrother said:

Aleikum Salam

No. Prophets didn't died martyrs, they died after completing the task Allah gave them.

Only Muhammad (s.a.w.s) will intercede for his ummah, it's called Shafa. Other prophets will intercede for their ummah. For example - Musa (a.s) will intercede for his followers and Isa (a.s) for his followers and so on.

@MuslimahAK 

@SunniBrotherHow you are so sure brother ?

Prophet PBUHHP said: "Sitting with an Alim is better than 70 martyrs". 

There are various Hadith from Prophet PBUHHP in which He PBUHHP has said that Allah has preserved the bodies of Prophets like Martyrs. 

Also it is written that death in the pursuit of Knowledge or in the way of Knowledge is Martyrdom. 

Prophets indeed die like martyrs and they bodies remain intact according to prophet PBUHHP. 

17 hours ago, MuslimahAK said:

Salamu Alaikum!

Shukran. 

Yes, they will intercede for their nations.  Quran says: "Allah AWJ will except intercession of only those whom He AWJ permit". 

Allah AWJ also says in Quran that He AWJ will not talk to sinners on the day of Judgement, so if anyone is sure that he or she is not sinner will not need any intercessor. 

On 9/12/2017 at 8:52 AM, Sindbad05 said:

@MuslimahAK 

@SunniBrotherHow you are so sure brother ?

Prophet PBUHHP said: "Sitting with an Alim is better than 70 martyrs". 

There are various Hadith from Prophet PBUHHP in which He PBUHHP has said that Allah has preserved the bodies of Prophets like Martyrs. 

Also it is written that death in the pursuit of Knowledge or in the way of Knowledge is Martyrdom. 

Prophets indeed die like martyrs and they bodies remain intact according to prophet PBUHHP. 

"Like martyrs" brother. But they weren't shaheed.

2 minutes ago, SunniBrother said:

"Like martyrs" brother. But they weren't shaheed.

What is meaning of Shaheed ? Shaheed is derived from Shahid who is witness, actually, the martyrs are given the status of Shahdat like Prophets because Prophets are actual Shaheed who talked to God and told us. This is a reward for those who fight in the way of Allah AWJ that they will not die like Prophets. It is my belief.