No, McDonalds is incredibly strong. Part of this is because they are "not in the hamburger business, but the real estate business." They own land and sell franchising rights. This is a very sustainable model for them.

1 hour ago, Hameedeh said:

I hear they even have salads now. 

Sure, but they are terrible. It's a box of wilted lettuce and a packet of dressing. 

Just now, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I liked the Southwestern chicken salad, that certainly wasn't a box of wilted lettuce.

I've never seen one. I've only seen the garden salad. 

11 hours ago, M.IB said:

If McDonalds made Halal stores for Muslims (by Muslim conditions of slaughtering) then they will win much more..

How do you know they are not Halal? I wanted to have some information about this topic, i once asked the branch in Jbeil (I live in Lebanon btw) from where they get their meat, they told me all the branches get their meat from Australia. So i thought there is some kind of international committee that supervises on these kind of stuff around the world.

However burger king get their meat from Saudi Arabia and once i heard that Saudi get this meat from outside the country. So i don't know what to believe. It's been like 3 years I'm not eating from these places cause of these issues.

9 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

But why? I don't understand why you would think McDonald's would be out of business. If McDonald's went out of business, it would be on the news.

how many teens go there?

8 hours ago, yasahebalzaman.313 said:

How do you know they are not Halal? I wanted to have some information about this topic, i once asked the branch in Jbeil (I live in Lebanon btw) from where they get their meat, they told me all the branches get their meat from Australia. So i thought there is some kind of international committee that supervises on these kind of stuff around the world.

However burger king get their meat from Saudi Arabia and once i heard that Saudi get this meat from outside the country. So i don't know what to believe. It's been like 3 years I'm not eating from these places cause of these issues.

mcdonalds is prob only halal in islamic countries tho one can check, i used to eat in dubai, but i cant in canada 

I don't think McDonalds is dying, they have been consistently able to re-brand themselves cater to what the population wants. For example, In Canada, their was a slight decrease in people physically visiting McDonald locations. To counter that, they introduced the FilotOfish, BigMac and McChicken Sauces to retail markets such as Walmart, IGA & Provigo. Also, as the trends of eating breakfast later on in the day increase, and as people tend to be more health conscious, they have advertised 24/7 Breakfasts and put on emphasis on their salads and healthier menu's. They constantly adapt and evolve to try and retain their market share.

@sidnaq

Mcdonald's might not be the busiest junk food joint in North America but it is definitely gaining new markets and expanding exponentially in place where hitherto it didn't have a presence. 

Our city got our first ever McDonald's last year in 2016. The queues are baffling.

Earlier this year a new franchise opened about 150 KM away from here in a smaller town. Again, the queues are baffling.

11 hours ago, yasahebalzaman.313 said:

According to our Sunni brothers meat from Christians and Jews is permitted, but for Shias it is totally different.

Jbeil is a christian-dominated, I am from there but I never saw a Halal restaurant, every thing there like McDonald's and Hardees gets it's meat from places like Australia and N.America and Europe as well...although once I heard that KFC is halal and gets it's meat from a farm belonging to a Shia owner at Lebanon, she was religious and telling me that, although I won't trust till I see with my eyes....

@M.IB Ah so we can't know if they are halal like @sidnaq said, because lebanon has a huge islam population.

Yes i know about jbeil i dont eat there at all but it was a coincidence that i passed and asked from their branch. To be honest the best tasteful meat is from dahye and shiite areas but i cant always go there. 

About KFC its 100% halal i know someone who works there he's a committed shia. If you want i can ask him about the name of the brand and let you know. 

Edited by yasahebalzaman.313