Reza

#6 Actively Reading a Book?

Poll #6  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Are you currently actively reading a book?

• Yes
    • No

I've got a digital library loan of Hidden Figures (highly recommend) which I'm trying to finish before it's due back in three days. I can't renew because there is a wait list. 

Maybe I'll buy it if I don't finish in time. I don't like to buy what I can borrow - but I was on the wait list all summer before I got my turn. 

https://books.google.com/books/about/Explaining_Norms.html?id=j2icDAEACAAJ&hl=en

Page 78 now

Have to finish it (reading and summary) by 17/11/10 (nearly one month from now)

Not an assignment, but something similar. 

Edited by mesbah

Two books actually (if that falls under "active" reading)

Pharmaceutics: the science of medicine design and I am reading a book written by Ayatullah Murtadha Mutahhari about Guiding the youth of the new generation

On 9/8/2017 at 6:39 AM, Marbles said:

Please define active reading.

And while you're at it, define passive reading as well.

Did he mean actively reading as in holding a book in your hands and physically turning the pages? In that case, passive reading would be holding an electronic device and clicking, tapping or swiping it to go to the next page. :coffee:

15 minutes ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Did he mean actively reading as in holding a book in your hands and physically turning the pages? In that case, passive reading would be holding an electronic device and clicking, tapping or swiping it to go to the next page. :coffee:

No, I think actively reading means you've read it on at least a few consecutive days including today, as opposed to books that you start and then set aside for six months.