Shian e Ali

Introverts - The Good! The Bad!

Rate this topic

:salam:

When I created that Blog related to Introverts, I realized there are more introverts on Shiachat than I thought. But then, some extroverts are just mistaken and they think they're US! We'll let them play pretend. So, the question is: What is it that you like about being an introvert and what is it that you don't like?

For me,
Like: I never feel lonely! A good read or a few good videos are enough to spend a good day in bed :D
Dislike: I'm not very fond of socializing but it does put me off of a lot of things I should be doing. Socializing is incredibly important and I stink at it and I hate not being able to push myself to do it!

35 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

Is there an introvert quiz to know if you are an introvert?

I think that should be

1: what you enjoy most at the gatherings??

2:how can you describe yourself,briefly??

3:what is that one thing you like about yourself??

4:what is the thing you like about any random person??

5: what are the things that attract you?? 

6: what/how/where you kept the things you like(or important to you)??

7:how other people normally describe you??

8:what do you think when you are alone??

9:what's your mode during working day and holidays??

I've always been introverted.  When I was a child, I was very shy, but later I learned to pretend to be outgoing when necessary.  I do care deeply about people, but that's exactly why I prefer to keep to myself - people are just too overwhelming.  If I put myself out there, I'll be lost.  Online, it's a little bit easier to keep aloof.  To all appearances, I'm very mellow, easygoing, even some people suspect wise.  In reality I think too much, worry too much, and make too many bad choices.

What is best about being an introvert?  I don't much care what other people think.  It's easy for me to just do my own thing.

What's worst?  Sometimes it gets lonely.

11 minutes ago, notme said:

What's worst?  Sometimes it gets lonely.

Choose loneliness over ill-friends

One of the advantages of being an introvert is that often those people who come and either start a conversation with you or ask your opinion on a matter are genuinly interested in you. They are not interested in your physical attractions, rather are interested in who you are and how you think.

50 minutes ago, Fakeha said:

I think that should be

1: what you enjoy most at the gatherings??

2:how can you describe yourself,briefly??

3:what is that one thing you like about yourself??

4:what is the thing you like about any random person??

5: what are the things that attract you?? 

6: what/how/where you kept the things you like(or important to you)??

7:how other people normally describe you??

8:what do you think when you are alone??

9:what's your mode during working day and holidays??

@Hameedeh lets start with you... I'll be happy to hear from you :)

2 hours ago, Nataly said:

how can you know that people here are more introverts?

Well, you'll find more introverts on the net and more extroverts in the real world. ;)

1 hour ago, Hameedeh said:

Is there an introvert quiz to know if you are an introvert?

This is a good website. There are different types of Introverts and Extroverts. This test helps go a bit deeper and helps you understand who you are based on what your choices are. For a shorter version, you can just Google introverts and if you resonate with that personality, you are one. Everyone is a bit extroverted and a bit introverted. If you're more introverted, you're an introvert and same goes for an extrovert. If you're a balance between both personalities, you're an ambivert. They say the brains of extroverts and introverts are wired a bit differently which is why they react differently to different situations. Sorry for making this text so long. :P

1 hour ago, ireallywannaknow said:

Good: less drama in life. People think I'm wise because I'm not talkative :rolleyes:

Bad: sometimes I can feel left out and overlooked. 

I can relate to that. Lol!

Imam Ali said: The wiser a man is, the less talkative he will be :grin:

Edited by Shian e Ali

@Islandsandmirrors Thank you. I was searching to find my ISFJ but since I couldn't remember the letters in the correct order I was fumbling. :)  

@Fakeha Yes, I am an introvert. :D 

@Shian e Ali Thanks for the quiz link. It said I am 70% introverted. :itsok:

I am an ambivert, (INTJ if I have to use those classifications) and I find that spending a day alone in bed watching videos or on the internet is a waste of time and life, which could be used for growing yourself in excellent ways.

But also feel like a big party/social event can be a waste of time and energy that could be used for productive efforts.

Puts me in a strange "on the fence" position. 

I am an introvert, and I really like it. I have more time to think about myself. I think about my goals, my prays, and my death. If you obsess yourself with people, you don't have time for yourself. Do you have a specific time of the day to think about yourself? Do you think about your future? One time I was at a meeting. One person showed an interesting technological achievement. I was super excited and wanted to make a lot of comments. I got the center of attention, but suddenly, one very social extrovert person used an inappropriate word in that meeting. He was my fire extinguisher. All my enthusiasm was gone at that moment, and I became reserved.

Have some time to think about yourself and have some time to talk with other people to get you closer to your goals and dreams. Ayatollah Ghazy used to go to Wady-al-Salaam and spend 2-3 hours over there, just thinking about himself.

But we are all extrovert like Hazrat Zahra when wanted to talk about Fadak and Amiralmuminin in the mosque. Being introvert doesn't have any meaning that time.

Edited by AmirAlmuminin Lover

33 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Pro for an lntrovert:  Usually do not say anything impulsive.

Con for an lntrovert:  Usually do not ask questions.

In High School this is how I got over my shyness: When I wanted to know something and was too shy to ask, I told myself that other students must have this same question, but they are afraid to speak, so I would be brave and raise my hand and ask the teacher, so that everyone would know the answer. This helped other people as well as me. :blush:

14 hours ago, Fakeha said:

@Shian e Ali it called me a "campaigner"

"Can’t I fly helicopters AND be an oceanographer who writes songs and cooks?”:clap:

And i couldn't agree more :cuddle:

Oh! So, you're an ENFP.

Hahaha! I wonder how often you go out on an expeditions :grin:

12 hours ago, Slfheinn said:

I find that spending a day alone in bed watching videos or on the internet is a waste of time and life, which could be used for growing yourself in excellent ways.

Did you just say I keep wasting my time and consequently, my life as well? :cry: Well, you're right lol! I'm very good at it too!

13 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

@Shian e Ali Thanks for the quiz link. It said I am 70% introverted. :itsok:

Doesn't seem like you're too happy about being an introvert? :P

3 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

In High School this is how I got over my shyness: When I wanted to know something and was too shy to ask, I told myself that other students must have this same question, but they are afraid to speak, so I would be brave and raise my hand and ask the teacher, so that everyone would know the answer. This helped other people as well as me. :blush:

The first half is me. But I've always had extroverted friends. So, I asked them to ask the question that I had in mind because I'd think "What if it's a dumb question?" Similarly, if I knew the answer to a question that the teacher asked, I'd tell my friends and they'd be praised for being so smart. For this reason, some teachers thought I was a poor student for not participating in class, until the results came out. :grin: 

I sometimes wonder about those female bloggers or vloggers or whatever you call them, they literally live for people; snapping every moment of their lives just to get people's approvals and comments. Won't it scare them one day when people stop caring or when they become unpopular?

3 hours ago, Pearl178 said:

I sometimes wonder about those female bloggers or vloggers or whatever you call them, they literally live for people; snapping every moment of their lives just to get people's approvals and comments. Won't it scare them one day when people stop caring or when they become unpopular?

It's actually more than that. That is how they earn their living. Doesn't matter if it's YouTube or Blogging or Instagram or any other social media platform, they aren't just trying to get famous because it's fun, it's how they earn thousands of dollars a month.

3 hours ago, Fakeha said:

I don't need to go out for one :confused: some times, some how my regular day converts into a adventure :blush: 

Sweet! Sometimes an adventure turns into a regular day for me... I love cancelling plans. 

Edited by Shian e Ali