inocence

Jamaat prayer of only ladies lead by imam

Rate this topic

ASalam o alayk

Whats the ruling on this. 

A male imam leading salat al jamaat of ladies. No men. Please check the pic attached. Its quite interesting and unusual. 

Is this allowed? 

Jazakallah

IMG-20170906-WA0073.jpg

I have searched through Khamenei's fatwas online (leader.ir), but I wasn't able to find an answer specifically targeted at such a situation. Therefore, I have sent an email with the question whether this is permissible. Once answered, I will copy paste it here.

20 hours ago, Khomeinist said:

I have searched through Khamenei's fatwas online (leader.ir), but I wasn't able to find an answer specifically targeted at such a situation. Therefore, I have sent an email with the question whether this is permissible. Once answered, I will copy paste it here.

Let us wait then. Thanks for the effort. 

:salam:

1489. If there is only one male follower, it is Mustahab that he stands at the right hand side of Imam, and if there is only one female follower, she will stand in the same direction, but slightly behind so that when she goes to Sajdah, her head is in line with Imam's knees. If there is one male, and one or more females in the congregation, the male will position himself to the right of Imam, and the females will all stand behind Imam. When there are many men and one or many women in the congregation, men will stand behind Imam, and women will stand behind the male followers.

5 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

:salam:

1489. If there is only one male follower, it is Mustahab that he stands at the right hand side of Imam, and if there is only one female follower, she will stand in the same direction, but slightly behind so that when she goes to Sajdah, her head is in line with Imam's knees. If there is one male, and one or more females in the congregation, the male will position himself to the right of Imam, and the females will all stand behind Imam. When there are many men and one or many women in the congregation, men will stand behind Imam, and women will stand behind the male followers

Thanks for the detail. Which ayatullah's ruling is this?

This brings another question. Can we have jamaat prayer with only one male or female follower behind imam. I think the minimum number of people behind imam is 4 to make it a jamaat prayer. 

Please enlighten me

3 hours ago, inocence said:

This brings another question. Can we have jamaat prayer with only one male or female follower behind imam. I think the minimum number of people behind imam is 4 to make it a jamaat prayer. 

Please enlighten me

Alsalamo alaikom

As i know jamaat with only one man or woman is permitted and 4 people is needed for Jomee prayer.

On 9/8/2017 at 8:33 PM, inocence said:

Please enlighten me

Thats from sistani. For Friday prayer there should be 5 and for regular daily prayer it should be 2 or more than 2. 

Question

Bismillah al rahman al rahim,

Salem un aleykom

I have a question regarding congregational prayer of women. I have seen a photo of a male Imam who was the leading imam in the congregational prayer of women only. There were no male rows after the imam. The women row immediately started after the imam. 

Is it permissible for women to pray directly behind a male Imam without there being any male rows in front or in the back of them?

May Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى emphasize your prayers, duas and good deeds.

Wa aleykom salam

Answer

Bismihi Ta`ala

Salamun `alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

That is no problem.

With prayers for your success

@inocence

13 minutes ago, Khomeinist said:

Question

Bismillah al rahman al rahim,

Salem un aleykom

I have a question regarding congregational prayer of women. I have seen a photo of a male Imam who was the leading imam in the congregational prayer of women only. There were no male rows after the imam. The women row immediately started after the imam. 

Is it permissible for women to pray directly behind a male Imam without there being any male rows in front or in the back of them?

May Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى emphasize your prayers, duas and good deeds.

Wa aleykom salam

Answer

Bismihi Ta`ala

Salamun `alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

That is no problem.

With prayers for your success

@inocence

jazakallah brother.