Jump to content
Zavon

Why we do matam?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, shiaman14 said:

The problem is you do taraweeh saying it is because it is the sunnah of the Prophet (saw). If you prayed taraweeh saying it is the sunnah of Caliph Umar, there would be nothing wrong with it.

No one does tatbir saying the Prophet (saw) did it. And we are under no restriction to ONLY do what the Prophet (saw) did. 

To recap:

taraweeh  = based on lies

tatbir = based on no restrictions about not doing it.

 

 

LOL! Let's correct it to "tatbir = based on Safavid influence". Let's not try to make our baseless practices seem innocent and the Sunni's devil inspired. They are doing nothing but reading Quran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 786:) said:

LOL! Let's correct it to "tatbir = based on Safavid influence". Let's not try to make our baseless practices seem innocent and the Sunni's devil inspired. They are doing nothing but reading Quran.

and yet the point still stands.

taraweeh = sunnah of Caliph Umar wrongfully applied as sunnah of Prophet (saw).

Tatbir = act based on safavid influence.

The point is not what they are doing. The point is they are falsely attributing something to the Prophet (saw). Very similar to Sunnis fasting on Ashura claiming the Prophet (saw) did it when it is nothing but an Umawi (mal)practice.

Planning to fast on Ashura?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

and yet the point still stands.

taraweeh = sunnah of Caliph Umar wrongfully applied as sunnah of Prophet (saw).

Tatbir = act based on safavid influence.

The point is not what they are doing. The point is they are falsely attributing something to the Prophet (saw). Very similar to Sunnis fasting on Ashura claiming the Prophet (saw) did it when it is nothing but an Umawi (mal)practice.

Planning to fast on Ashura?

Nope no intention of fasting on Ashura. Although, I do not see the harm in it as it is not a day of eid.

Back to the point, if you read your comments from earlier you something along the lines of "anything is permitted in Islam, unless it is explicitly forbidden". Harming ourselves in explicitly forbidden in the Quran. There should brand afflilated defense in that. Clear cut words of the almighty سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Nope no intention of fasting on Ashura. Although, I do not see the harm in it as it is not a day of eid.

Back to the point, if you read your comments from earlier you something along the lines of "anything is permitted in Islam, unless it is explicitly forbidden". Harming ourselves in explicitly forbidden in the Quran. There should brand afflilated defense in that. Clear cut words of the almighty سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى.

I am glad yo are over the double-standard issue since there is no issue. False attributing sunnah to the Prophet is haram.

Now, to this issue of bloodletting. I didn't intend to get into a discussion of its validity but here we are.

Its quite simple - you consider shedding a few drops of blood that can barely fill a test-tube to be harming oneself; I don't. If you do, then hijama (wet cupping) should be considered haram too which it isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Nope no intention of fasting on Ashura. Although, I do not see the harm in it as it is not a day of eid.

Back to the point, if you read your comments from earlier you something along the lines of "anything is permitted in Islam, unless it is explicitly forbidden". Harming ourselves in explicitly forbidden in the Quran. There should brand afflilated defense in that. Clear cut words of the almighty سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى.

I am glad yo are over the double-standard issue since there is no issue. False attributing sunnah to the Prophet is haram.

Now, to this issue of bloodletting. I didn't intend to get into a discussion of its validity but here we are.

Its quite simple - you consider shedding a few drops of blood that can barely fill a test-tube to be harming oneself; I don't. If you do, then hijama (wet cupping) should be considered haram too which it isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

I am glad yo are over the double-standard issue since there is no issue. False attributing sunnah to the Prophet is haram.

Now, to this issue of bloodletting. I didn't intend to get into a discussion of its validity but here we are.

Its quite simple - you consider shedding a few drops of blood that can barely fill a test-tube to be harming oneself; I don't. If you do, then hijama (wet cupping) should be considered haram too which it isn't.

Yeah, you agreed that both were innovated by corrupt leaders so I have no further argument on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Yeah, you agreed that both were innovated by corrupt leaders so I have no further argument on it.

And yet only one of them is FALSELY attributed to the Prophet (saw).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 786:) said:

You would be surprised how many try to attribute matam to the holy Prophet (saw).

Not a single one.

Guaranteed, no Shia whether usooli or akhbari attribute matam to Prophet (pbuh). 

You only hear the traditions of mourning & weeping from them about Prophet. Which are also present in the books of ahlul sunnah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 786:) said:

You would be surprised how many try to attribute matam to the holy Prophet (saw).

Surprise me please....

3 hours ago, 786:) said:

Maybe I just come from an extremely malang, borderline nusayri community then. I have absolutely heard it.

here is a fun experiment - search through SC archives for people claiming the Prophet did zanjeer matam? Or are you talking about regular old hands to head/face/chest/laps?

Eithey way, surprise me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 786:) said:

You would be surprised how many try to attribute matam to the holy Prophet (saw).

Surprise me please....

3 hours ago, 786:) said:

Maybe I just come from an extremely malang, borderline nusayri community then. I have absolutely heard it.

here is a fun experiment - search through SC archives for people claiming the Prophet did zanjeer matam? Or are you talking about regular old hands to head/face/chest/laps?

Either way, surprise me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

    • I just have one question, at this stage: Do Shias believe that their Imams are infallible?
    • What would they do? Send him to prison? Then what? He’ll just divorce my mum and leave. Mum doesn’t work. She’s never worked as she’s a housewife. How would she support our big family. And what ever happens, he remains my father. Prophet Ibrahim still loved and pleaded with Azar even though he wasn’t his biological father so how do you expect me to report him? And if I did, the long court processes and the money difficulties would be too much, how could I bear this while still going to school. I see school as more important than reporting MY father because regardless of anything, at least he still keeps a roof on top of my head. And won’t this be unfair for my siblings who love him as he never hurt them. They won’t understand why I would do that, but they still love him.
    • Here we go again. Because of unfortunately misguided thoughts and assumptions, the discussion/conversation has descended into name calling and insults.  Shias who readily insult, curse and malign others are unfortunately the most cowardly of Our Shia. Ask them to defend innocent Shia being slaughtered by wahabis in Parichinar, Yemen, Syria or Iraq and they have the most convenient excuses. They personify the arrogance of Shaytan towards Adam because of self righteous over inflation of their egos. Humility is a term not native to their vocabulary. Akhlaq, manners, respect, controlling anger, showing others the errors of their ways thru peace and kindness, these are the true legacies of Our Imams. By all means my dear brothers demonstrate your True Nobilty thru Ahlul Bayt like actions, OR alternatively make the Ziosaudis happy and become Shaytan like and show how humans can be described in Sura AT Teen :SUMA RADADNAHO AS FALA SAFEY LEEEN. 
    • ShiaChat has a pinned topic in Jurisprudence with information on Grand Ayatullahs and their websites: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/71812-grand-ayatullahs/ Another source when doing research to find a marja is this Shia website: http://www.islamic-laws.com/ulamaa.htm
×