Zavon

Why we do matam?

1 hour ago, shiaman14 said:

The problem is you do taraweeh saying it is because it is the sunnah of the Prophet (saw). If you prayed taraweeh saying it is the sunnah of Caliph Umar, there would be nothing wrong with it.

No one does tatbir saying the Prophet (saw) did it. And we are under no restriction to ONLY do what the Prophet (saw) did. 

To recap:

taraweeh  = based on lies

tatbir = based on no restrictions about not doing it.

LOL! Let's correct it to "tatbir = based on Safavid influence". Let's not try to make our baseless practices seem innocent and the Sunni's devil inspired. They are doing nothing but reading Quran.

13 minutes ago, 786:) said:

LOL! Let's correct it to "tatbir = based on Safavid influence". Let's not try to make our baseless practices seem innocent and the Sunni's devil inspired. They are doing nothing but reading Quran.

and yet the point still stands.

taraweeh = sunnah of Caliph Umar wrongfully applied as sunnah of Prophet (saw).

Tatbir = act based on safavid influence.

The point is not what they are doing. The point is they are falsely attributing something to the Prophet (saw). Very similar to Sunnis fasting on Ashura claiming the Prophet (saw) did it when it is nothing but an Umawi (mal)practice.

Planning to fast on Ashura?

7 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

and yet the point still stands.

taraweeh = sunnah of Caliph Umar wrongfully applied as sunnah of Prophet (saw).

Tatbir = act based on safavid influence.

The point is not what they are doing. The point is they are falsely attributing something to the Prophet (saw). Very similar to Sunnis fasting on Ashura claiming the Prophet (saw) did it when it is nothing but an Umawi (mal)practice.

Planning to fast on Ashura?

Nope no intention of fasting on Ashura. Although, I do not see the harm in it as it is not a day of eid.

Back to the point, if you read your comments from earlier you something along the lines of "anything is permitted in Islam, unless it is explicitly forbidden". Harming ourselves in explicitly forbidden in the Quran. There should brand afflilated defense in that. Clear cut words of the almighty سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى.

43 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Nope no intention of fasting on Ashura. Although, I do not see the harm in it as it is not a day of eid.

Back to the point, if you read your comments from earlier you something along the lines of "anything is permitted in Islam, unless it is explicitly forbidden". Harming ourselves in explicitly forbidden in the Quran. There should brand afflilated defense in that. Clear cut words of the almighty سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى.

I am glad yo are over the double-standard issue since there is no issue. False attributing sunnah to the Prophet is haram.

Now, to this issue of bloodletting. I didn't intend to get into a discussion of its validity but here we are.

Its quite simple - you consider shedding a few drops of blood that can barely fill a test-tube to be harming oneself; I don't. If you do, then hijama (wet cupping) should be considered haram too which it isn't.

43 minutes ago, 786:) said:

I am glad yo are over the double-standard issue since there is no issue. False attributing sunnah to the Prophet is haram.

Now, to this issue of bloodletting. I didn't intend to get into a discussion of its validity but here we are.

Its quite simple - you consider shedding a few drops of blood that can barely fill a test-tube to be harming oneself; I don't. If you do, then hijama (wet cupping) should be considered haram too which it isn't.

2 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

Yeah, you agreed that both were innovated by corrupt leaders so I have no further argument on it.

11 minutes ago, 786:) said:

Yeah, you agreed that both were innovated by corrupt leaders so I have no further argument on it.

And yet only one of them is FALSELY attributed to the Prophet (saw).

32 minutes ago, 786:) said:

You would be surprised how many try to attribute matam to the holy Prophet (saw).

Not a single one.

Guaranteed, no Shia whether usooli or akhbari attribute matam to Prophet (pbuh). 

You only hear the traditions of mourning & weeping from them about Prophet. Which are also present in the books of ahlul sunnah.

4 hours ago, 786:) said:

You would be surprised how many try to attribute matam to the holy Prophet (saw).

Surprise me please....

3 hours ago, 786:) said:

Maybe I just come from an extremely malang, borderline nusayri community then. I have absolutely heard it.

here is a fun experiment - search through SC archives for people claiming the Prophet did zanjeer matam? Or are you talking about regular old hands to head/face/chest/laps?

Eithey way, surprise me...

4 hours ago, 786:) said:

Surprise me please....

3 hours ago, 786:) said:

Maybe I just come from an extremely malang, borderline nusayri community then. I have absolutely heard it.

here is a fun experiment - search through SC archives for people claiming the Prophet did zanjeer matam? Or are you talking about regular old hands to head/face/chest/laps?

Either way, surprise me...