Abul Hussain Hassani

Eid al-Ghadeer an innovation?

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, Waseem162 said:

Well then I guess that the term "biddah" (innovation) is used more vaguely and generally in Sunni School of thought.

Innovation in Religion is something that is all in all a new rule and doesn't aligns with the basic base of laws you're given.

For us praying on clay/mud is base law of Islam. That clay could be from anywhere on Earth. And since Karbala is blessed and has Shifa in its soil, We pray on it. Similarly it has been said to read Quran, which explicitly means to read and understand it. Not to be a dumb sheep. So reading tafseer along with recitation is just as normal with the base law.

But your version of Biddah is more vague.

I tell you what Biddah is - "When you omit something from Adhan and put your own words there". Then it is biddah!!

"When you make Mutah illegal" etc etc.

And this is no good biddah! 

I guess its also biddah to say biddah is good.

Yes. Ibn Taymiyyah got from Twelver shia books that all Bidah Is bad. Now we have Salafism. Just let it go..

1 minute ago, SunniBrother said:

A act of kufr dont make someone kaffir. Don't be a takfeeri

In our language (poetry), we some times use the word "kafir" to praise the beauty of fragile gender (sinf e nazuk or females). 

Seems to me your linguistic usage of this word is more broader.

9 minutes ago, SunniBrother said:

Yes. Ibn Taymiyyah got from Twelver shia books that all Bidah Is bad. Now we have Salafism. Just let it go..

Yes its true that every biddah is bad. But Ibn Taymiyyah failed to understood what is biddah. You know he is a literalist!!

If Prophet (s) din't celebrated his birthday that means we also don't.!! This is so irrational.

The biggest irrationality he thinks is Biddah is Praying on clay.

Come on. 

We can't let it go. We have to refute this illogical thing.

I thought you were a man of logic. You always used logic while answering. The fact that Ibn Taymyah abused the concept of biddah doesn't makes the concept of biddah Illogical. Its true that Biddah is always a bad biddah and you get loads of ahadeeth from Ahlulbayt and Prophet himself on this.

All this "Good Biddah" concept started when Umar came to Caliphate. Not when Prophet was there.

And when you said that - Changing of Qibla was a Biddah ?? Please refrain Please refrain from saying such things by Allah. This was a Law by Allah. An Abrogation of previous Law. Only Allah has this Right to introduce new laws. Because His is the religion and when this happened (changing of Qibla) the Religion wasn't completed yet. It completed on the Day of Ghadeer. So After Ghadeer Religion is "Perfected". No addition and no subtraction!!

Whatever Umar did was really bad. Adding words to Adhan, omiting some out of it. Banning Mutah, Tarawih, etc.

You know there is a Hadith in Sahih which says that Prophet strictly prohibited the concept of joint Congregation after Isha in Ramadhan What you say as Tarawih.

Edited by Waseem162

Abdur Rahman bin Abdul Qari said, "I went out in the company of Umar bin Al-Khattab one night in Ramadan to the mosque and founf the people praying in different groups- a man praying alone or a man praying with a lottle group behind him. Then Umar said, "In my opinion I would better collect these (people) under the leadership of one Qari(reciter) [i.e. let them pray in congregation]". So, he made up his mind to congregate them behind Ubayy bin Ka'b. Then, on another night, I went again in his company and the people were praying behind their reciter. On that Umar remarked, "What an excellent BID'A (INNOVATION in religion) this is; but the prayer which they do not perform, but rather sleep at its time, is better than the one they are offering.' He meant the prayer in the last part of the night". - Sahi al bukhari, volume 3, book 32 number 227

"It was called BID'AH because the prophet (saw) did not use to pray it in congregation, and neither was it prayed like that in the time of al-siddiq (sunnis first caliph), nor in the early part of night or with these number of units." - al-Qastallani, Irshad al-sari sharh sahi al bukhari, volume 5, page 4 & al-Nawawi, Sharh sahih Muslim, volume 6, page 287

Taraweeh is bidah because of the following reasons:

(1) It was never offered by Prophet Muhammad in the whole month of Ramazan.

(2) The holy prophet never offered this prayer after the Isha Prayer.

(3) It was never offered in the designated location of the mosque.

(4) Prophet disliked those people who called them for the prayer which he offered for three days in the last part of night before dawn.

(5) Abu Bakar who was authority for Ahle Sunnah, never offered Taraweeh in his life.

(6) Umar ordered to prayer, but never offered the Taraweeh prayer himself in his life.

(7) Umar did not ordered the Taraweeh prayer in his early years of Khalafa. it was 17th year of his khalafa.

(8) Umar never gave the reason of Fear while ordering Taraweeh prayer. He was simply passing by and saw people prayer without a group and than ordered them to pray in congregation. which is not a hujat for muslimeen

(9) Alhe Bait and their imams never offered taraweeh prayer in their life.

(10) Ali and Hassan (AS) condemned this act in Kufa when it was their khalfat time.

(11) Taraweeh prayer is not proved from Sahah Sita books.

The Prophet (s) said: “O people! Perform your prayers at your homes, for the best prayer of a person is what he performs at his home, except the compulsory (congregational) prayer." [sahih al-Bukhari, volume 9, book 92, number 393][al-Nasa’i, Sunan, volume 3, p. 161, p. 198]

Once Abdullah bin Mas’ud asked the Prophet (s): “Which is better; to pray in my house or in the mosque?” The Prophet (s) replied: “Do you not see how near to the mosque my house is? To pray in my house is more beloved to me than to pray in the mosque except for the obligatory prayers.” [ibn Majah, Sunan, volume 1, page 439, number 1378]

Narrated Zayd bin Thabit: Allah's Apostle (s) made a small room (with a palm leaf mat). He (s) came out (of his house) and prayed in it. Some men came and joined him in his prayer. Then again the next night they came for the prayer, but the Prophet (s) delayed and did not come out to them. So they raised their voices and knocked the door with small stones (to draw his attention). He came out to them in a state of anger, saying, “You are still insisting (on your deed) that I fear this prayer might become obligatory on you. So, O you people! offer this prayer at your homes, for the best prayer of a person is the one which he offers at home, except the compulsory (congregational) prayer.” [sahih al-Bukhari, volume 8, book 73, number 134]

And leaving a debate is sunnah. I won't debate further

3 minutes ago, Waseem162 said:

The Prophet (s) said: “O people! Perform your prayers at your homes, for the best prayer of a person is what he performs at his home, except the compulsory (congregational) prayer." [sahih al-Bukhari, volume 9, book 92, number 393][al-Nasa’i, Sunan, volume 3, p. 161, p. 198]

Once Abdullah bin Mas’ud asked the Prophet (s): “Which is better; to pray in my house or in the mosque?” The Prophet (s) replied: “Do you not see how near to the mosque my house is? To pray in my house is more beloved to me than to pray in the mosque except for the obligatory prayers.” [ibn Majah, Sunan, volume 1, page 439, number 1378]

Narrated Zayd bin Thabit: Allah's Apostle (s) made a small room (with a palm leaf mat). He (s) came out (of his house) and prayed in it. Some men came and joined him in his prayer. Then again the next night they came for the prayer, but the Prophet (s) delayed and did not come out to them. So they raised their voices and knocked the door with small stones (to draw his attention). He came out to them in a state of anger, saying, “You are still insisting (on your deed) that I fear this prayer might become obligatory on you. So, O you people! offer this prayer at your homes, for the best prayer of a person is the one which he offers at home, except the compulsory (congregational) prayer.” [sahih al-Bukhari, volume 8, book 73, number 134]

Sunnis have a broad range of opinions on tawarih. As for Bidah, maybe you should read about it before condemning. You can ask Sheikh Wikipedia.

8 minutes ago, SunniBrother said:

And leaving a debate is sunnah. I won't debate further

Sunnis have a broad range of opinions on tawarih. As for Bidah, maybe you should read about it before condemning. You can ask Sheikh Wikipedia.

I told you earlier in the same thread what is the Shia belief on Biddah. Allah is All Wise to put his religion in a perfect sense. One doesn't needs to add or remove something. He has not right to do that.

2 hours ago, Hassan- said:

Lol, is celebrating one's birthday Bid'ah too?

Birthday is not faith dogma of any religion, it's cultural. Yes salafis believe is bidah from hell. But that's not the position of any Sunni or Shia and not even the Khawarij Ibadis. There's nothing in the Sharia that prohibits urf.

Edited by SunniBrother

@SunniBrother A very apt explanation of  Biddah (Innovation, Change). When you said that Changing of Qibla was a Biddah. No its not.

It was a Law.

Read from page 25. A debate between Prophet(s) and Jews about change of Qibla.

https://www.al-islam.org/printpdf/book/export/html/29900

On 9/6/2017 at 7:52 AM, Abul Hussain Hassani said:

:bismillah:

:salam:

How significant is Eid al-Ghadeer among the Shias?

This article say this Eid has no basis in Shia sources and the Ahlulbait never celebrated it.

http://ghadirkhumm.com/eid-al-ghadir/

P.S. The website is run by Sunnis.

الحمد لله الذي هدانا صراطاً سوياً، والصلاة والسلام على خير البرية أبي القاسم محمد بن عبد الله وآله الاطهار، سيما ابن عمه علي المرتضى وخليفته على الورى واللعنة على أعدائهم أجمعين إلى يوم الدين

All praise is for He Who guided us to the right path; and His peace and blessings be upon the best of his creation, Abul-Qasim Mohammad ibn Abdillah, and upon his pure progeny, especially his cousin, Ali Al-Murtadha, his immediate successor; and may the curse of Allah be upon all their enemies until the Day of Judgement.

"O Apostle! Deliver what has been sent down to you from your Lord; and if you don't do it, you have not delivered His message (at all); and Allah will protect you from the people ..." (Qur'an 5:67)

عَنْ جَعْفَرٍ عَنْ أَبِيهِقَالَ: إِنَّ إِبْلِيسَ عَدُوَّ اللٌّهِ رَنَّ أَرْبَعَ رَنَّاتٍ: يَوْمَ لُعِنَ، وَ يَوْمَ أُهْبِطَ إلـى الأَرْضِ، وَ يَوْمَ بُعِثَ النَّبِيُّوَ يَوْمَ الْغَدِيرِ

It has been narrated from Ja'far [Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq] (peace be upon him) from his father [Imam Muhammad ibn 'Ali al-Baqir] (peace be upon him) that: “Iblis, the enemy of Allah, cried out (in hopelessness) four times: The day when he was cursed (by Allah); the day when he was sent down to the Earth; the day when the Prophet (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) was officially appointed (to convey the message on Earth); and on the Day of Ghadir.”

Qurbul Isnad, Page 10

https://www.al-islam.org/forty-ahadith-ghadir-mahmud-sharifi/wilayat-ghadir#hadith-no-35-day-cry-despair-shaitan

EID MUBARAK

On 9/6/2017 at 7:52 AM, Abul Hussain Hassani said:

:bismillah:

:salam:

How significant is Eid al-Ghadeer among the Shias?

This article say this Eid has no basis in Shia sources and the Ahlulbait never celebrated it.

http://ghadirkhumm.com/eid-al-ghadir/

P.S. The website is run by Sunnis.

الحمد لله الذي هدانا صراطاً سوياً، والصلاة والسلام على خير البرية أبي القاسم محمد بن عبد الله وآله الاطهار، سيما ابن عمه علي المرتضى وخليفته على الورى واللعنة على أعدائهم أجمعين إلى يوم الدين

All praise is for He Who guided us to the right path; and His peace and blessings be upon the best of his creation, Abul-Qasim Mohammad ibn Abdillah, and upon his pure progeny, especially his cousin, Ali Al-Murtadha, his immediate successor; and may the curse of Allah be upon all their enemies until the Day of Judgement.

"O Apostle! Deliver what has been sent down to you from your Lord; and if you don't do it, you have not delivered His message (at all); and Allah will protect you from the people ..." (Qur'an 5:67)

عَنْ جَعْفَرٍ عَنْ أَبِيهِقَالَ: إِنَّ إِبْلِيسَ عَدُوَّ اللٌّهِ رَنَّ أَرْبَعَ رَنَّاتٍ: يَوْمَ لُعِنَ، وَ يَوْمَ أُهْبِطَ إلـى الأَرْضِ، وَ يَوْمَ بُعِثَ النَّبِيُّوَ يَوْمَ الْغَدِيرِ

It has been narrated from Ja'far [Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq] (peace be upon him) from his father [Imam Muhammad ibn 'Ali al-Baqir] (peace be upon him) that: “Iblis, the enemy of Allah, cried out (in hopelessness) four times: The day when he was cursed (by Allah); the day when he was sent down to the Earth; the day when the Prophet (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) was officially appointed (to convey the message on Earth); and on the Day of Ghadir.”

Qurbul Isnad, Page 10

https://www.al-islam.org/forty-ahadith-ghadir-mahmud-sharifi/wilayat-ghadir#hadith-no-35-day-cry-despair-shaitan

EID MUBARAK

Want to share with you the recently recieved whats app photograph

IMG-20170911-WA0002.jpg

Those who can read Urdu can understand the mentality of takfiri group.

Edited by Salsabeel

On 9/6/2017 at 0:38 PM, SunniBrother said:

Brother. I classical sunnism there is good and bad bidah. This version of all bidah is bad is the same method that Wahhabis use. Madhabds are bidah, books of hadith is bidah, the methodologies to read the Qur'an and Hadiths are bidah. For example I saw a twelver who had the idea of reading tafseer of the Qur'an with the Qur'an. That's a bidah, but a good one. Usul is bidah. So on and so fort. There's good and bad bidah. This term of labeling all bidah bad is the same that Ibn Taymiyyah used and the same wahhabis use. Getting a piece of clay from Karbala to put your head in is bidah. Were does the Prophet (s.a.w.s) went to Karbala get clay to pray? Here is the biggest Bidah of all that Allah Himself ordered "Change the qibla from Jerusalem to Mecca".

So how does one go about determining good bidah vs. bad bidah.

Is ShiaChat good bidah or bad bidah because for sure the Prophet (saw) was not online.