sidnaq

christian near death experiences

Rate this topic

22 hours ago, Mishael said:

Yet I also believe in pagan gods that is my endless torment.

You can believe in them as long as you realize they are "gods", and not God. Many of these pagan gods are actually fallen spirits. None can claim total control which is why you need one for this and one for that. Ask them how they find favour in Jesus Christ. Their response should enlighten you. Then you can decide which team to be on. Don't forget, but with every team there is a requirement to qualify. 

Many stories of coming back from death with stories of what they've seen. Considering it's "mind's eye" it's quite likely most would see it as their religion teaches. I still wonder what is actually true, what is true to them, and what is staged. 

My neighbour of old told me a story once. No religious affiliation, no desire to learn. He took too much window pane LSD. He said he floated up about 20 meters above his body and stayed there for what was about a hour of what felt like eternity, seeing his body motionless on his sofa, through his roof. I asked what went through his mind and he said, "All I thought of was how much I wanted to get back into my body". I asked him if he was just floating or felt connected in any way. He said there was a cord, I asked if it was silver, he looked at me funny and said "possibly". I said that would be Biblical, (as  Ecclesiastes 12 "...before the silver cord is severed..." went through my head)   and he said it probably wasn't silver in that case. 

He didn't see heaven. Maybe it wasn't in his mind, maybe because he had no concept. 

On 06/09/2017 at 8:46 AM, Mishael said:

Yet I also believe in pagan gods that is my endless torment.

You cannot believe in pagan gods and love Christ at the same time.

Make up your mind and choose your path before it is too late.   

2 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

You can believe in them as long as you realize they are "gods", and not God.

No, I am afraid that is not correct.

If there is a God, then there are no gods.

So one cannot believe in God and gods at the same time.

The believer can say that some people do believe in gods.

But if he believes in God, he cannot possibly believe in gods as well.

It is just like saying that the sky is blue and yellow at the same time. . 

15 hours ago, baqar said:

You cannot believe in pagan gods and love Christ at the same time.

Make up your mind and choose your path before it is too late.   

No, I am afraid that is not correct.

If there is a God, then there are no gods.

So one cannot believe in God and gods at the same time.

The believer can say that some people do believe in gods.

But if he believes in God, he cannot possibly believe in gods as well.

It is just like saying that the sky is blue and yellow at the same time. . 

Terminology. When one says "God" everyone thinks God Almighty, the one and only true God. 

This is an age old problem that goes back to "Thou shalt have no other gods before me"  Exodus 20:3. The word used for gods is Elohim. Strong's interpretation includes;

1) (plural) 
1a) rulers, judges 
1b) divine ones 
1c) angels 
1d) gods 
2) (plural intensive-singular meaning) 
2a) god, goddess 
2b) godlike one 
2c) works or special possessions of God 
2d) the (true) God 
2e) God

English translations, and concordances seem to group all these descriptions into one package and call them all "God".  This is an attempt to make Jehovah and Elohim one in the same, but Strong's interpretation of Jehovah is'

Jehovah = "the existing One"
1) the proper name of the one true God 
1a) unpronounced except with the vowel pointings of H136

Which proves they are not the same. 

In Exodus 20:2 God declares Himself Jehovah Elohim, basically the God of gods. 

Again, concordances like to associate "gods before me" with pagan idols which are totally remote from the average Christian, so often explained as items of worship, maybe money, maybe cars. The fact of the matter is, these "gods" are anyone in a position of leadership, physical or spiritual, regardless their rank.

Elohim can be angels, or fallen angels, aka pagan gods. This is why Paul said test the spirits to see if they are from God. These spirits can be present in an inanimate object, and in the heart of the teachers. The response to asking how they find favour in Jesus Christ tells all. Making contact with these spirits can leave you spiritually oppressed, obsessed, or influenced. None of which are a fun future.

@Mishael I can't tell you what religion to follow. That is between you and God. He does require a little more dedication than you will get playing religious hop scotch. 

On 9/5/2017 at 1:13 PM, sidnaq said:

Why are there so many christian ndes online and

Salam Sidnaq,

Christians in general tend to like to share their experiences. Western technological achievements, such as the Internet, makes sharing easier.

what do other christians think of them?

Since Christians are diverse people, their opinions are diverse. Some believe them; others don't.

do u think they are genuine?

I think they have genuine dreams, but I'm not convinced those dreams are reality. The human brain is fascinating and picture dreams vividly, some of which are influenced by what a person thinks and believes.

Personally, I believe that when a person dies, the person's spirit/soul departs from the shell (the body) and is in a form of sleep, and thus not conscience to where it is. I base this belief on Jesus calling death "sleep" (Luke 8:49-55; John 11:1-44). So, I believe Christian near death experiences are simply dreams, influenced by their beliefs. However, I could be wrong.

Many Christians, by the way, disagree with me about what happens when a person dies. My family for example believes that once a Christian dies, the Christian goes directly to Heaven to be with Jesus and their loved ones. I don't believe this, though I do believe it will seem immediate.

Paul describes what I literally believe concerning death and resurrection of those who truly follow Jesus Christ: (I boldened some.) 

13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope.

14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.

15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

- 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 (NIV)

I believe Paul's words here because of Jesus Christ, who called death "sleep" and who returned several peopls' spirits back to their bodies. This is my favorite example:

52 Meanwhile, all the people were wailing and mourning for her. “Stop wailing,” Jesus said. “She is not dead but asleep.”

53 They laughed at him, knowing that she was dead. 54 But he took her by the hand and said, “My child, get up!” 55 Her spirit returned, and at once she stood up. Then Jesus told them to give her something to eat. - Luke 8:52-55 (NIV)

Peace and God bless you