Rate this topic

Although Ghumari studied in a Sunni Islamic university, he registered his own critical thinking and came up with views that were unpopular with his teachers in the Azhar University. He used to adopt views based on research even if they were outside the sect or the popular religious culture. Among such views are the following:
◾Unlike Sunni religious culture where all the companions of prophet Muhammad are venerated, Ghumari used to mention 6 of the companions without venerating them because they fought against Ali
◾He was among the scholars that rejected Islamic extremism, which he termed Wahhabi philosophy, and the Jihadi school of thought by considering them most harmful ideas to Islamic culture and a cause of regression of the Muslim world.
◾Unlike Muslim scholars who prohibit the celebration of Muhammad's birthday, Ghumari declared such celebration to be an obligation and a duty regardless if the tradition of celebrating birth days originate from the west or elsewhere.
◾He agreed with Shia Islamic scholars on the supremacy of Ali over all people who came after Prophet Muhammad.
◾In his book al-Ifada or "The interest in the ways on which the Hadith - that looking at Ali is a worship- is based" (الافادة بطرق حديث النظر الى علي عبادة), he openly criticized the narrations of hadith that were registered under the Umayyad and the Abbasid rule, and accused some narrators to be manipulated by the political ruling institution of that time. That was repeated over so many pages of the book.
◾In his book Al-Ittihad (الاتحاد) he supported re-introducing tougher penalties for sorcery and related misdeeds.

Also like the rest of his family, Ghumari's exact theological viewpoints were difficult to pin down. Although a practitioner of Sufism, he was also critical of other Sufis. Though a Sunni, he and his brothers also held views in juristprudence and dogmatics outside of the mainstream

Edited by SunniBrother

Like all of the Ghumari family of Muslim clerics, Ahmad al-Ghumari's exact sectarian views are difficult to pinpoint. Although a practitioner of Sufism, Ghumari was a strong critic of many Sufis, especially the rival Naqshbandi order. Like Ibn Hazm, Ghumari viewed scholarly difference of opinion as a curse. Like his brothers, he often used harsh language when responding to intellectual opponents. Having originally followed the Maliki school of thought like most of Muslim scholarship in Morocco, al-Ghumari later switched to the Shafi'i school for a period and finally opted for absolute independent reasoning.Unlike most of Moroccan scholarship, al-Ghumari opposed the Ash'ari school of theology.Muhammad Abu Khubza, among other Moroccan scholars, also claim that al-Ghumari temporarily adhered to the Zaidiyyah school of Shia Islam.

MashaAllah brother, I have learned much things from you about the True Sunni Islam which I din't knew earlier and it looks that there are very less differences but yes those less differences must be thoroughly discussed and researched because in it lies the Ultimate Truth.

I would like to ask you one Question, you mentioned that Ghumari believed that Imam Ali (a.s) was the best person after Prophet(saws) then why he was not eligible to become the 1st Caliph / 2nd Caliph / 3rd Caliph (I am extending this because it looks so unjust for him)

after Prophet(saws).??

Its well proven fact that Imam Ali(a.s) was the bravest in the army of RasoolAllah(s), he was the most knowledgeable one in RasoolAllah's(s) army. He was the Pure one according to 33:33.

And I have a thread here which speaks some of his attributes and Glories.  This is a very very minimal list. There are more than 10,000 books written just presenting his knowledge that he gave us as well us his miracles.

Why then he was not made the 1st Caliph? Just for Argument sake lets say that on Ghadeer it was "Unclear" about his Khilafat. Then why nobody even cared to invite Imam Ali(a.s) to be in the saqifa? Even a child who knows the virtues of Imam Ali(as) would say where is Ali in the Election??

Now the matter of election and Divine Appointment is another issue accepting anyone of them will lead you to either illegitimacy of Abu Bakr's khilafa or Umar's and Uthaman's Khilafa.

Why Imam Ali(a.s) was left in Saqifa? 

Why people like Miqdad, Abudhar, Meesam, Salman never gave baiyah to the 1st 3 caliphs which led some of their persecutions later on and some were exiled. Why???!!

10 minutes ago, Waseem162 said:

MashaAllah brother, I have learned much things from you about the True Sunni Islam which I din't knew earlier and it looks that there are very less differences but yes those less differences must be thoroughly discussed and researched because in it lies the Ultimate Truth.

I would like to ask you one Question, you mentioned that Ghumari believed that Imam Ali (a.s) was the best person after Prophet(saws) then why he was not eligible to become the 1st Caliph / 2nd Caliph / 3rd Caliph (I am extending this because it looks so unjust for him)

after Prophet(saws).??

Its well proven fact that Imam Ali(a.s) was the bravest in the army of RasoolAllah(s), he was the most knowledgeable one in RasoolAllah's(s) army. He was the Pure one according to 33:33.

And I have a thread here which speaks some of his attributes and Glories.  This is a very very minimal list. There are more than 10,000 books written just presenting his knowledge that he gave us as well us his miracles.

Why then he was not made the 1st Caliph? Just for Argument sake lets say that on Ghadeer it was "Unclear" about his Khilafat. Then why nobody even cared to invite Imam Ali(a.s) to be in the saqifa? Even a child who knows the virtues of Imam Ali(as) would say where is Ali in the Election??

Now the matter of election and Divine Appointment is another issue accepting anyone of them will lead you to either illegitimacy of Abu Bakr's khilafa or Umar's and Uthaman's Khilafa.

Why Imam Ali(a.s) was left in Saqifa? 

Why people like Miqdad, Abudhar, Meesam, Salman never gave baiyah to the 1st 3 caliphs which led some of their persecutions later on and some were exiled. Why???!!

I believe Ghumari based this view in a hadith that say that Abu Bakr, Omar and Uthman were above the rest but that Ali was supreme to all. The election of the caliphate was messy, were those in saqifa elect someone without the intervention of Omar things would have become much more messy. Although I believe in the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.s) and I do believe he knew this would happen because many of his predictions came to pass under those caliphates. The problem is the blameworthy editions in hadiths that hide the truth. Omar wanted Ali after him but got influenced by a jew named Kaab which managed to wobble him. I believe deep down I know Omar was sincere in intention and I don't see Abu Bakr in bad light at all., Uthman made some good things but he laid ground for Muawiyah and the Ummayads. Sunnis need to destroy the golden calf of the Ummayads. And I believe that Ali (r.a) parallel a lot with Aaron and what happened. So I do think the Prophet (s.a.w.s) knew what was going to happen. The saved sect is not Sunni or shia but those who side with Ali (r.a) independently of sect. Nothing much can be done now... Just that Ali (r.a) is the distributor of Hell.

1 minute ago, SunniBrother said:

I believe Ghumari based this view in a hadith that say that Abu Bakr, Omar and Uthman were above the rest but that Ali was supreme to all. The election of the caliphate was messy, were those in saqifa elect someone without the intervention of Omar things would have become much more messy. Although I believe in the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.s) and I do believe he knew this would happen because many of his predictions came to pass under those caliphates. The problem is the blameworthy editions in hadiths that hide the truth. Omar wanted Ali after him but got influenced by a jew named Kaab which managed to wobble him. I believe deep down I know Omar was sincere in intention and I don't see Abu Bakr in bad light at all., Uthman made some good things but he laid ground for Muawiyah and the Ummayads. Sunnis need to destroy the golden calf of the Ummayads. And I believe that Ali (r.a) parallel a lot with Aaron and what happened. So I do think the Prophet (s.a.w.s) knew what was going to happen. The saved sect is not Sunni or shia but those who side with Ali (r.a) independently of sect. Nothing much can be done now... Just that Ali (r.a) is the distributor of Hell.

I have quoted you in one of the topics and I'll quote your here with the same I wrote to you in some other topic that you haven't replied yet.

Nothing is Messy in Allah's rule. It only gets messy by human/Non-Divine intervention.

Do you think that a Divine Rule can be run by a fallible? Or Non-Divinely selected being who has no connection with Allah regarding it? 

Do you think the religion of Allah is that weak that he can't establish his Proof and authority among normal Muslims?

Also A caliph (Abu Bakr) who angered the Purified one(Bibi Fatima(a.s))? So when Purified one is angered , this is some serious issue then, Don't you think? Isn't it angering Allah?? How can a man who has angered Allah till his death (because the Purified one never forgave him for the Sake of Allah) can establish the rule of Allah on Earth and then can go on to select the next Caliph??

Don't you think its really absurd. A fallible selecting another fallible who comes and establishes Biddah. This is proven from both of our books. Is this the Rule? Is this Islam- the Divine Religion? Was Islam just about Message(Prophet) and not about Divine Guidance and Execution of the Message (The Guides selected by Allah after Prophet)??

If the Final Vicegerent is selected by Allah then Can't Allah select all the way from the 1st Caliph to the Messaih??

Can't someone claim that we didn't had Divine Guidance O God.

Quran was there, but we were unable to understand it?

Do you think God will leave any grey Area for us to make such an excuse?

Not at all.

And can Earth be devoid of a living Proof of Allah. A Creation among his Creation from whom all helps can be sought??

The story of Aaron - "Caliph Just after Prophet Musa". No one in between. Brother of Musa (a.s). Left by people. 

Imam Ali, Brother of Prophet(s), left by people.!! "Caliph Just after the Prophet".

People who didn't pledge alliance to Abu Bakr: 

Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib [as] 

Syeda Fatima AL-Zahraa [as]
Abbas ibn Abd al-Muttalib
Fadl ibn Abbad
Sa'd ibn Ubadah
Qays ibn Sa'd
Ubay ibn Kab
Abu Ayyub al-Ansari
Salman al-Muhammadi
Al-Bara ibn 'Azib
Khuzaima ibn Thabit
Farwah ibn Amr ibn Wadqah al-Ansari

(later transgressed)
Zubair ibn Awwam
Talha ibn Ubaidillah

Miqdad ibn Aswad
Abu Dhar al-Ghifari
Ammar ibn Yasir
Khalid ibn Sa`id
Buraida Aslami
Salman the Persian
Bilal Ibn Rabah
Malik ibn Nuwayrah

Note: I don't mean to cause any disturbance to our Sunni brothers :) I just found this article helpful and may draw your attention to think more about the caliphates' legitimacy.  

Edited by M.IB

57 minutes ago, M.IB said:

People who didn't pledge alliance to Abu Bakr: 

Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib [as] 

Syeda Fatima AL-Zahraa [as]
Abbas ibn Abd al-Muttalib
Fadl ibn Abbad
Sa'd ibn Ubadah
Qays ibn Sa'd
Ubay ibn Kab
Abu Ayyub al-Ansari
Salman al-Muhammadi
Al-Bara ibn 'Azib
Khuzaima ibn Thabit
Farwah ibn Amr ibn Wadqah al-Ansari

(later transgressed)
Zubair ibn Awwam
Talha ibn Ubaidillah

Miqdad ibn Aswad
Abu Dhar al-Ghifari
Ammar ibn Yasir
Khalid ibn Sa`id
Buraida Aslami
Salman the Persian
Bilal Ibn Rabah
Malik ibn Nuwayrah

Note: I don't mean to cause any disturbance to our Sunni brothers :) I just found this article helpful and may draw your attention to think more about the caliphates' legitimacy.  

You're right actually. By Ja'afari Jurisprudence. Thanks for the list tough. Why you think Sunni ulema don't speak this issues? Not important?

16 minutes ago, SunniBrother said:

You're right actually. By Ja'afari Jurisprudence. Thanks for the list tough. Why you think Sunni ulema don't speak this issues? Not important?

They have Ikhtelaaf among themselves! They can't decide whether it should be a Divine Appointment or Election.

Whichever they select, the Legitimacy of the 1st 3 caliphs goes under scrutiny. Thats why they don't come up to a solution.

3 hours ago, SunniBrother said:

Although Ghumari studied in a Sunni Islamic university, he registered his own critical thinking and came up with views that were unpopular with his teachers in the Azhar University. He used to adopt views based on research even if they were outside the sect or the popular religious culture. Among such views are the following:
◾Unlike Sunni religious culture where all the companions of prophet Muhammad are venerated, Ghumari used to mention 6 of the companions without venerating them because they fought against Ali
◾He was among the scholars that rejected Islamic extremism, which he termed Wahhabi philosophy, and the Jihadi school of thought by considering them most harmful ideas to Islamic culture and a cause of regression of the Muslim world.
◾Unlike Muslim scholars who prohibit the celebration of Muhammad's birthday, Ghumari declared such celebration to be an obligation and a duty regardless if the tradition of celebrating birth days originate from the west or elsewhere.
◾He agreed with Shia Islamic scholars on the supremacy of Ali over all people who came after Prophet Muhammad.
◾In his book al-Ifada or "The interest in the ways on which the Hadith - that looking at Ali is a worship- is based" (الافادة بطرق حديث النظر الى علي عبادة), he openly criticized the narrations of hadith that were registered under the Umayyad and the Abbasid rule, and accused some narrators to be manipulated by the political ruling institution of that time. That was repeated over so many pages of the book.
◾In his book Al-Ittihad (الاتحاد) he supported re-introducing tougher penalties for sorcery and related misdeeds.

Also like the rest of his family, Ghumari's exact theological viewpoints were difficult to pin down. Although a practitioner of Sufism, he was also critical of other Sufis. Though a Sunni, he and his brothers also held views in juristprudence and dogmatics outside of the mainstream

Great .May Allah  bless him.

1 hour ago, islam25 said:

What  is  Athari Aqeedah. 

traditionalist school championed by Ahmad ibn Hanbal. Today salafis follow this school which got hijacked by Ibn Taymiyyah and Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab, somes like the Zahiris still follow the original form of this theological school.

1 minute ago, SunniBrother said:

traditionalist school championed by Ahmad ibn Hanbal. Today salafis follow this school which got hijacked by Ibn Taymiyyah and Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab, somes like the Zahiris still follow the original form of this theological school.

OK