SunniBrother

Fun with Abu Hurairah

Rate this topic

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said "If a house fly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink), for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease."
Abu Huraira reported that Moses was a modest person. He was never seen naked and Banu Isra'iI said: (He was afraid to expose his private part) because he had been suffering from scrotal hernia. He (one day) took bath in water and placed his garments upon a stone. The stone began to move on quickly. He followed that and struck it with the help of a stone (saying): O stone, my garment; O stone, my garments, O stone.....
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established till the buttocks of the women of the tribe of Daus move while going round Dhi-al-Khalasa." Dhi-al-Khalasa was the idol of the Daus tribe which they used to worship in the Pre Islamic Period of ignorance.
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "When you hear the crowing of cocks, ask for Allah's Blessings for (their crowing indicates that) they have seen an angel. And when you hear the braying of donkeys, seek Refuge with Allah from satan for (their braying indicates) that they have seen a satan."
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "When the Adhan is pronounced Satan takes to his heels and passes wind with noise during his flight in order not to hear the Adhan. When the Adhan is completed he comes back and again takes to his heels when the Iqama is pronounced and after its completion he returns again till he whispers into the heart of the person (to divert his attention from his prayer) and makes him remember things which he does not recall to his mind before the prayer and that causes him to forget how much he has prayed."

Abu Huraira: Interesting you should bring him up. Even when I was Sunni i was skeptical of his narrations and now that I have crossed over I wonder even more at his authenticity. He doesn't Jive with me. you need to quote where you obtained these particular ahadith please.

Not all Sunnis are brainless Wahhabis and Pseudo neo Hanbalis.

The most authentic hadith collection is Maliki Muwatta which he was also reluctant to make, and negated to do several times. Even if Sahih Muslim and Sahih Bukhari are regarded as authentic today it doesn't make them infallible books from the infallible salaf, Imam Muslims was criticized for making Sahih Muslim "You call this Sahih?! You made a ledder for innovations and blasphemies". One of his early criticism

1 hour ago, MariyahLaleh said:

Abu Huraira: Interesting you should bring him up. Even when I was Sunni i was skeptical of his narrations and now that I have crossed over I wonder even more at his authenticity. He doesn't Jive with me. you need to quote where you obtained these particular ahadith please.

All in Bukhari and Muslim

4 hours ago, SunniBrother said:

The Hour will not be established till the buttocks of the women of the tribe of Daus move while going round Dhi-al-Khalasa." Dhi-al-Khalasa was the idol of the Daus tribe which they used to worship in the Pre Islamic Period of ignorance.

I won't be surprised if an ignorant Sunni comes up and says "well this has a particular context to it".

One good thing about us Shias is that we don't accept every hadith. It has to agree with the Quran and the teachings of Ahlulbayt (as).

2 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I won't be surprised if an ignorant Sunni comes up and says "well this has a particular context to it".

One good thing about us Shias is that we don't accept every hadith. It has to agree with the Quran and the teachings of Ahlulbayt (as).

I think Shias have certain advantages in regard to Sunnis for several reasons. One is the shias never closed the door of ijtihad and this allowed to developed sharia In a more accurate manner. Sunnis closed the doors of ijtihad for 800 years under the ottoman and instead they made taqlid on early scholars, this is why Sunnis today look backwards in comparison to Shias. Second is the effect of salafism on Sunnis, when Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab put the theories of Ibn Taymiyyah and Ibn Qayyim into practice and when the ottoman fell the door of ijtihad were open again and Sunnis had to make ijtihad on a undeveloped 800 years old tradition. Only a select few scholars were unaffected by this backwardness and this is some Sufis. And so many of us Sunnis needs to deal with salafis and 'othordox' guys accusing us of innovations and going against their 'infallible' salaf and sahaba.

4 hours ago, SunniBrother said:

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said "If a house fly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink), for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease."
Abu Huraira reported that Moses was a modest person. He was never seen naked and Banu Isra'iI said: (He was afraid to expose his private part) because he had been suffering from scrotal hernia. He (one day) took bath in water and placed his garments upon a stone. The stone began to move on quickly. He followed that and struck it with the help of a stone (saying): O stone, my garment; O stone, my garments, O stone.....
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established till the buttocks of the women of the tribe of Daus move while going round Dhi-al-Khalasa." Dhi-al-Khalasa was the idol of the Daus tribe which they used to worship in the Pre Islamic Period of ignorance.
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "When you hear the crowing of cocks, ask for Allah's Blessings for (their crowing indicates that) they have seen an angel. And when you hear the braying of donkeys, seek Refuge with Allah from satan for (their braying indicates) that they have seen a satan."
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "When the Adhan is pronounced Satan takes to his heels and passes wind with noise during his flight in order not to hear the Adhan. When the Adhan is completed he comes back and again takes to his heels when the Iqama is pronounced and after its completion he returns again till he whispers into the heart of the person (to divert his attention from his prayer) and makes him remember things which he does not recall to his mind before the prayer and that causes him to forget how much he has prayed."

Abu Horaireh is not even a valid narrative between Sunni scholars. Soltan-ul-Vaezin in "Pishawar Nights" book bring very legitimate reasons that Abu Horaireh doesn't have any position between Sunni scholars. Of course, we as Shia are very conservative and cautious on Hadiths.

1 minute ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Abu Horaireh is not even a valid narrative between Sunni scholars. Soltan-ul-Vaezin in "Pishawar Nights" book bring very legitimate reasons that Abu Horaireh doesn't have any position between Sunni scholars. Of course, we as Shia are very conservative and cautious on Hadiths.

Many of Ibn Taymiyyah doctrines were based on hadiths from Abu Hurairah... And salafis heavily rely on him.

I still can't point out if Abu Hurairah really narrated these, if Bukhari and Muslims made them up, if people narrated on the name of Abu Hurairah or if people added to Bukhari and Muslim later. I really can't tell... But I can't stop laughing at the buttocks one

Edited by SunniBrother

Narrated Abu Huraira: Once Allah's Apostle; offered the morning prayer and then faced the people and said, "While a man was driving a cow, he suddenly rode over it and beat it. The cow said, "We have not been created for this, but we have been created for sloughing." On that the people said astonishingly, "Glorified be Allah! A cow speaks!" The Prophet said, "I believe this, and Abu Bakr and 'Umar too, believe it, although neither of them was present there. While a person was amongst his sheep, a wolf attacked and took one of the sheep. The man chased the wolf till he saved it from the wolf, where upon the wolf said, 'You have saved it from me; but who will guard it on the day of the wild beasts when there will be no shepherd to guard them except me (because of riots and afflictions)? ' " The people said surprisingly, "Glorified be Allah! A wolf speaks!" The Prophet said, "But I believe this, and Abu Bakr and 'Umar too, believe this, although neither of them was present there."

On 9/4/2017 at 5:42 PM, SunniBrother said:

Narrated Abu Huraira: Once Allah's Apostle; offered the morning prayer and then faced the people and said, "While a man was driving a cow, he suddenly rode over it and beat it. The cow said, "We have not been created for this, but we have been created for sloughing." On that the people said astonishingly, "Glorified be Allah! A cow speaks!" The Prophet said, "I believe this, and Abu Bakr and 'Umar too, believe it, although neither of them was present there. While a person was amongst his sheep, a wolf attacked and took one of the sheep. The man chased the wolf till he saved it from the wolf, where upon the wolf said, 'You have saved it from me; but who will guard it on the day of the wild beasts when there will be no shepherd to guard them except me (because of riots and afflictions)? ' " The people said surprisingly, "Glorified be Allah! A wolf speaks!" The Prophet said, "But I believe this, and Abu Bakr and 'Umar too, believe this, although neither of them was present there."

Interesting. As I said...I will stick to the teachings of the Imams

8 minutes ago, MariyahLaleh said:

Interesting. As I said...I will stick to the teachings of the Imams

Why you rejects the talking cow ? Abu Bakr and Omar believe it, although they weren't present there.

Edited by SunniBrother

25 minutes ago, SunniBrother said:

Why you rejects the talking cow ? Abu Bakr and Omar believe it, although they weren't present there.

where did you find this hadith? publication source? Chain of Authenticity? Its in English and its Abu hurairah, the faher of cats.

On 9/3/2017 at 5:36 PM, SunniBrother said:

I remember hearing this as a child, now I know where it came from... my poor great grandparents :'( May Allah curse the liars.

On 9/3/2017 at 5:36 PM, SunniBrother said:

I heard the story behind this growing up, and apparently, because he was modest, people made rumours of him having a skin disease and the children taunted him, so God ordered the stone to run away with his shirt while he was showering, and he ran after it naked in public and people saw he had no such disease and stopped making fun of that... but I don't see why they wouldn't have started making fun that a man was running around naked in public. :S

2 hours ago, MariyahLaleh said:

where did you find this hadith? publication source? Chain of Authenticity? Its in English and its Abu hurairah, the faher of cats.

All hadiths from Abu Hurairah are ahad hadiths claiming direct authority from the Prophet (s.a.w.s)

Abu Huraira lived in the time of the Prophet and the compilers of hadith (for example Bukhari or Muslim) lived long after that. So hadiths from Abu Huraira could not have come to the compliers directly but through a chain of narrators.

Even if Abu Huraira was a truthful man, which is very doubtful, the veracity of a hadith would depend not only on him, but on all the intermediate narrators.

RIght?

1 minute ago, baqar said:

Abu Huraira lived in the time of the Prophet and the compilers of hadith (for example Bukhari or Muslim) lived long after that. So hadiths from Abu Huraira could not have come to the compliers directly but through a chain of narrators.

Even if Abu Huraira was a truthful man, which is very doubtful, the veracity of a hadith would depend not only on him, but on all the intermediate narrators.

RIght?

They have no chain. They are ahads. Don't ask how... I don't know..

5 minutes ago, baqar said:

I will not ask you if you don't want me to.

But it doesn't make sense.

It is logically impossible.

Yes i believe in that too.. But they are acceptable by Bukhari standards so most people don't ask... It's sahabi magic..Or more realistically - a loop hole in sunnism.

Edited by SunniBrother

3 minutes ago, baqar said:

Then how are books that include hadiths from Abu Huraira known as sahih book?

No idea. But to be fair. The early scholars criticized those books. The most authentic Sunni hadith book Maliki muwatta. I don't like to believe that Bukhari was evil or something, most probably the two sahihs were manipulated and made additions by the caliphates that came.

Edited by SunniBrother