Miss Wonderful

Any1 who to pay to build a well in memory of dead?

Rate this topic

Just now, Marbles said:

Yeah!

Oh someone's family member passed away, and I would like to build a well in their name....is there a legit place where I can do that? Marbles, one of my aunt say  she built a well  for $200 in pakistan....but I think she got scammed, Isnt it much more?

1 minute ago, Miss Wonderful said:

Oh someone's family member passed away, and I would like to build a well in their name....

Ah I see.

Marbles, one of my aunt say  she built a well  for $200 in pakistan....but I think she got scammed, Isnt it much more?

You mean $2000 right? Because a well that cost $200 is a great bargain. I'd take ten please.

Also, do you mean the old style traditional well or a tubewell? Must be tubewell because the other one don't get dug anymore.

@Marbles
So this is not  the pic of the one my aunt had. but it is similar. in hers, the well is like this but painted blue if a man  or pink if a woman. then they bring ppl to  crowd around and take a photo, with the name of the  deceased on it.....i told them many times i felt like thsi was a scam for only $200. i felt like they just change the sign to fit the deceased person name, then they crowd around it for photo. what do u think. are these legit?

43.jpg

3 minutes ago, Miss Wonderful said:

@Marbles
So this is not  the pic of the one my aunt had. but it is similar. in hers, the well is like this but painted blue if a man  or pink if a woman. then they bring ppl to  crowd around and take a photo, with the name of the  deceased on it.....i told them many times i felt like thsi was a scam for only $200. i felt like they just change the sign to fit the deceased person name, then they crowd around it for photo. what do u think. are these legit?

43.jpg

This is a small well with a motorised or mechanical water bore pump that pumps fresh ground water. $200 for this one is legitimate. I had a water bore pump installed in our house for independent water supply to the tune of $170/180.

Whether the people there who took your aunt's money were honest enough to dig a new well and install a pump is something she needs to verify independently.

The tubewell I was talking about is a big thing and generally used to water large tracts of agricultural land. I built a new one a couple of years ago and it cost just less than $2000.

16 minutes ago, Marbles said:

The tubewell I was talking about is a big thing and generally used to water large tracts of agricultural land. I built a new one a couple of years ago and it cost just less than $2000.

The site that I saw was $780 to dig a well, so I didn't reply, but this is much less than $2000. Maybe several people could pool their money together.

https://muslimhands.org.uk/donate/water/dig-a-well

The tube well is less expensive. $230

https://muslimhands.org.uk/donate/water/tube-well

Edited by Hameedeh
To add link.

1 minute ago, Hameedeh said:

The site that I saw was $780 to dig a well, so I didn't reply, but this is much less than $2000. Maybe several people could pool their money together.

https://muslimhands.org.uk/donate/water/dig-a-well

The sample pic they have of the pump shows it to be a conventional hand pump. In my opinion $780 for a hand pump of this kind is very expensive unless they are digging it in rugged mountainous region with low water tables for which the total expense comes out much higher than digging the same in the plains. This hand pump would cost less than $150 in our plains.

In any case the $2000 I quoted above was for a tubewell for industrial scale use, which is not the well the OP has in mind. One like this:

tube.jpg.286f4e4381748b357e4c42fa299cc150.jpg