Rate this topic

Salaam Alaykum

Yesterday I was at mosque for Eid-ul-Azha prays. When I wanted to do Wudu, I noticed that there was a 35 years old man that he touched water before doing Masah. I told him brother it is wrong, and he did it again. Another man who was more than 50 years old kept water open in his entire Wudu which is Esraf (اسراف). I noticed in that environment that there are a lot of Muslims who really don't know how Wudu is valid and what are the steps of it. These tricky rules can be in other religious dues too, so I decided to create this thread and write a couple of these rules. If anybody also knows these tricky rules, share it here, so that we can use them.

1. You cannot do Wudu before Azan with this Niyat to do Wajib Salaat. For example, Fajr Azan is at 4:30 am and I woke up and I did Wudu at 4:15 am with this Niyat to do Fajr pray later. This is invalid, and you need to do Wudu AFTER Azan again. If you do Wudu with this Niyat to be Tayyeb, then you can do pray with that Wudu. If you did Wudu before for a Mustahab Salaat or for a Wajib Salaat and you still have that Wudu, you can do next prays with that Wudu. Some people have Wudu all the time and whenever they do Wudu is for being Tayyeb, so they don't have any concern about this rule :)

2. Whatever which we don't know is clean or not, except those things that are obviously Najes like wine, urine, and etc., are clean. For example, you got a plate from your friend and you don't know if it is clean or not, by this rule it is clean.

3. If you doubt something got Najes or not, but previously that thing was clean, it is still clean. If you doubt that something is clean or not, but previously it was Najes, that thing is still Najes. For example, I have a Najes cloth and I washed it carelessly. I don't know whether it is Najes or clean now. Since it was Najes previously, it is still Najes by this rule. Opposite example for clean things.

4. If you doubt that your Wudu is void, but you are sure that you did Wudu in the past, you still have Wudu and you can do your prays with that. If you doubt your Wudu is void, and you also doubt whether you did Wudu or not in the past, you need to do Wudu.

5. During Wudu steps you can close water and your Wudu is still valid and correct. For example, I wash my hands then take some water in my hand to wash my face. After I got water I close water. Then I wash my face. Again I open water and take some water with my left hand and close the water with my right hand. I wash my right hand with my left hand. Again I do same thing for washing my left hand. After that I do not touch water. I do Masah with the wetness of my hand. In this way you did not do Esraf.

Here you can find some rules regarding Wudu from Ayatollah Sistani.

https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2157/

If you want to add some rules to this thread, make sure it is correct because these are religious dues. We should try to learn more about Ahkam. I noticed that our knowledge in Mustahab sometimes is more than Wajib.

و من الله توفیق

Edited by AmirAlmuminin Lover

On 9/2/2017 at 7:29 AM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I'm very guilty of the first rule you posted. Thanks for letting me know :)

:salam:

One of the rules of wudhu is to make niyat of qurba, I don't understand why one would make wudhu with a niyat of a particular prayer.

On 9/2/2017 at 7:22 AM, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Salaam Alaykum

Yesterday I was at mosque for Eid-ul-Azha prays. When I wanted to do Wudu, I noticed that there was a 35 years old man that he touched water before doing Masah. I told him brother it is wrong, and he did it again. Another man who was more than 50 years old kept water open in his entire Wudu which is Esraf (اسراف). I noticed in that environment that there are a lot of Muslims who really don't know how Wudu is valid and what are the steps of it. These tricky rules can be in other religious dues too, so I decided to create this thread and write a couple of these rules. If anybody also knows these tricky rules, share it here, so that we can use them.

1. You cannot do Wudu before Azan with this Niyat to do Wajib Salaat. For example, Fajr Azan is at 4:30 am and I woke up and I did Wudu at 4:15 am with this Niyat to do Fajr pray later. This is invalid, and you need to do Wudu AFTER Azan again. If you do Wudu with this Niyat to be Tayyeb, then you can do pray with that Wudu. If you did Wudu before for a Mustahab Salaat or for a Wajib Salaat and you still have that Wudu, you can do next prays with that Wudu. Some people have Wudu all the time and whenever they do Wudu is for being Tayyeb, so they don't have any concern about this rule :)

2. Whatever which we don't know is clean or not, except those things that are obviously Najes like wine, urine, and etc., are clean. For example, you got a plate from your friend and you don't know if it is clean or not, by this rule it is clean.

3. If you doubt something got Najes or not, but previously that thing was clean, it is still clean. If you doubt that something is clean or not, but previously it was Najes, that thing is still Najes. For example, I have a Najes cloth and I washed it carelessly. I don't know whether it is Najes or clean now. Since it was Najes previously, it is still Najes by this rule. Opposite example for clean things.

4. If you doubt that your Wudu is void, but you are sure that you did Wudu in the past, you still have Wudu and you can do your prays with that. If you doubt your Wudu is void, and you also doubt whether you did Wudu or not in the past, you need to do Wudu.

5. During Wudu steps you can close water and your Wudu is still valid and correct. For example, I wash my hands then take some water in my hand to wash my face. After I got water I close water. Then I wash my face. Again I open water and take some water with my left hand and close the water with my right hand. I wash my right hand with my left hand. Again I do same thing for washing my left hand. After that I do not touch water. I do Masah with the wetness of my hand. In this way you did not do Esraf.

Here you can find some rules regarding Wudu from Ayatollah Sistani.

https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2157/

If you want to add some rules to this thread, make sure it is correct because these are religious dues. We should try to learn more about Ahkam. I noticed that our knowledge in Mustahab sometimes is more than Wajib.

و من الله توفیق

These rules are mostly nonsense. Hadith is generally compromised and exaggerated. 

Salam

On 9/2/2017 at 7:22 AM, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

1. You cannot do Wudu before Azan with this Niyat to do Wajib Salaat. For example, Fajr Azan is at 4:30 am and I woke up and I did Wudu at 4:15 am with this Niyat to do Fajr pray later. This is invalid, and you need to do Wudu AFTER Azan again. If you do Wudu with this Niyat to be Tayyeb, then you can do pray with that Wudu.

This is the first time I have heard that you are not allowed to do wudu before wajib salah with the intention to pray that wajib salah. I always do wudu 5-10 minutes before salah. What does the wudu with the Niyat to be Tayyeb mean? Can you provide a ruling on why you are not allowed to do wudu with the intention to pray wajib salah before Azan?  

Thank You 

Edited by Shogun

6 hours ago, Shogun said:

This is the first time I have heard that you are not allowed to do wudu before wajib salah with the intention to pray that wajib salah. I always do wudu 5-10 minutes before salah. What does the wudu with the Niyat to be Tayyeb mean? Can you provide a ruling on why you are not allowed to do wudu with the intention to pray wajib salah before Azan?  

Thank You 

:salam:

Forget about that brother. Just make wudhu with niyat of Qurba when  you want, then you can pray any salah with it.

7 hours ago, Shogun said:

Thank You 

I'd like to see the ruling for this too. First time i've heard this.

10 hours ago, Shogun said:

Thank You 

Salaam Alaykum

If you want to do Wudu before Azan with PRAY INTENTION, then it is not true. As our brother suggested, you can do Qurbat-an-el-ul-llah Niyat so that you can pray later on after Azan.