SunniBrother

Abd Allah ibn Abbas

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, SunniBrother said:

What other companions are seen in good light by shias? Can you name?

All companions are in good light. Except those who fought against Imam Ali.

And those who fought against him were definitely muslims. But they were wrong when they fought against him.

53 minutes ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Actually twelver Shia is not too concerned about vast majority of Sahaba they are irrelevant to their world view 

You are attributing wrong claims to Shia School of Thought.

1 hour ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Actually twelver Shia is not too concerned about vast majority of Sahaba they are irrelevant to their world view 

No one is irrelevant. Every ones action is learning experience for other. 

Be them sahaba of Prophet saww or imam Ali as or imam Hussain. 

No one is irrelevant. 

17 hours ago, Waseem162 said:

You are attributing wrong claims to Shia School of Thought.

If all the Sahaba of muhammad saw disappear overnight it still does not change the 12 or shia worldview they still have God prophet and imams and that's all needed for guidance for them.

For Sunnis, Sahaba of prophet are central for their hadiths unlike shias 

17 minutes ago, Panzerwaffe said:

If all the Sahaba of muhammad saw disappear overnight it still does not change the 12 or shia worldview they still have God prophet and imams and that's all needed for guidance for them.

For Sunnis, Sahaba of prophet are central for their hadiths unlike shias 

Imams need Sahabas as a means to establish Divine law in Practice and be Hujjah upon the creation!

You have a very bad notion of what Shias (or so called Shias) view of Sahaba is.

We love Sahabas but not everyone who was with Prophet (saws) was a Sahaba.

Those who were loyal to Holy Prophet (saws) were the only Sahabas others were Munafiqeens. And Please don't take me wrong, am not cursing or insulting anyone. If someone has helped RasoolAllah (saws) in his mission with pure intention even for a second then Allah will give his immense rewards only He knows.

Myself, Am neither a Shia nor a Sunni. I am just a human being who knows he is a Slave of Allah. So you can call me a Muslim. But one can become a Sunni (Follower of the True Sunnahs) only when he is following all the major Sunnahs of Holy Prophet(saws).

If not, then the person is not a Sunni. Same goes with Shias. If someone calls himself a Shia then they must Follow Holy Prophet(saws) religiously.

If not then they are not Shias.

I guess you have not met any True Shia who will tell you his view of Sahabas.

There are many Sahabas we remember in Our prayers when we say in Salam - Assalam o Alailaka wa ala ibaadiLLah isSaleheen..

These are the very Sahabas, the True Companions, The Holy Household too.

Without Sahabas Islam wouldn't be where it is. There are so many Sahabas whose graves are destroyed and settled to dust in Jannat ul Baqi. We feel so helpless and sad for them as well as our Imams and the members of the family of RasoolAllah (saws).

And you say we don't care about Sahabas??!!

Please I appeal you to change your view of people who love Ahlulbayt(a.s) love Sahabas too but again I emphasize Sahabas can only be them who were Loyal to the Mission of Islam with pure intentions.

Edited by Waseem162

2 minutes ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Brother I dont think you should get defensive 

If you take away all the narrations from the companions of Muhammad saw nothing much changes in the shia faith, that's all I'm saying 

Many of our narrations contain the prominent Sahabas in the chain of Hadeeth. And yes we don't usually believe on a single-person narration. In Sunni school of thought Abu Huraira has many hadeeths which are not confirmed by anybody but him. We don't take such ahadeeth. Until and unless there is a good chain of narration we don't easily take that narration.

Now respecting sahabas and rejecting a hadeeth because the chain also has some people who were not considered very good in Shia school of thought does not means we don't respect the Sahaba who was also included in that chain.

I'm not being defensive at all, I'm just trying to dismantle your conviction that is Shia School of Thought has nothing to do with Sahabas and their contribution to Islam as a whole.