Haji 2003

Interesting primary care business model

“Does Atlas MD accept health insurance?”

No. Happily, no. Perhaps the most critical distinction in our model of care centers on a direct, personal relationship between you and your doctor. That directness carries over to our business model as well. While the tender mercies of an insurance company might apply to the fixing of a damaged fender on your automobile, we see no reason for any insurer to have a voice about either the quality or the cost of your family’s care.

We forgo insurance payments in order to save our patients from the arbitrary, intrusive decisions that inevitably follow with third-party payors. Furthermore, this direct fee-for-services arrangement frees us from the typical contractual agreements that prevent physicians from offering wholesale prices on laboratory tests, imaging, and medications.

MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP FEES

Children 0-19 years old, $10/month with at least one parent membership

At this time, we are not able to provide routine vaccinations. Call to discuss how we can help arrange these for you.

Adults 20-44 years old, $50/month

Adults 45-64 years old, $75/month

Adults 65+ years old, $100/month

Employer groups with 5+ employees, $50/mo/adult

Nursing home and home-bound patients, call for details

https://atlas.md/wichita/our-fees/

Now that's genuine capitalist medicine! Just because I think insurance is gambling, I wish them success.

I'd really prefer health care as a human right, paid for with our taxes, but this model is better than the one with the insurance middleman. I wonder how they handle referrals to outside providers and hospitalization and other events not usually handled by the primary care provider. 

On 01/09/2017 at 4:36 PM, Panzerwaffe said:

I'm interested in joining a practice please send me a personal message

Sorry, I am not even based in the U.S., just came across a reference to this practice in an online discussion elsewhere and it seemed interesting, just thought I'd flag it here in case people more familiar with U.S. healthcare had any views.