Rate this topic

0700 09Sept17

Irmageddon:   Eye was over north Cuba and left Cuba as a CAT4 (see below)

Spaghetti Tracks show lrmageddon's Eye will again be over land near Tampa as CAT4 crossing the Georgia State Line as a CAT3 to Atlanta, then veering to Nashville dropping to a Low Pressure Storm to St. Louis ---with Trillions of Gallons of Water. Storm Surge around Naples: generally predicted 12-15 Feet ~4-5meters with one model showing up to 17 feet (house topping).

Friday's news had a report of infirmed unable to get out and homeless with no means to do anything but chance-it on the street. Sickly, local news is showing special animal flights for dogs and cats. [Opine: Typical for Animal Rights Nuts --you remember, they crazies that give out pit bulls to families with children. Their Motto (must be) "Dogs Precious. People (are) Poo". ]

The Largest Evacuation in American History  --some roads have cleared out but others have been clogged all night.

Al-Jazeera is reporting that Irmageddon hit Cuba as a CAT5.

Hurricane Jose is nearly a CAT5.

And 1/3 of gas stations are "empty" --ABC-GMA says the same.

Edited by hasanhh

1145 Tidal Surge Warning --Collier County (Space Center, Cape Canaveral) @ 11:45

1215 Tornadoe Warning -- Brevard County (southern edge of Everglades) @ 12:15

Irma is currently, since 11:00, a CAT3 --(the mountains of Cuba interfering with storm formation)

Irma's Eye currently ~Arch de Sobana

^^^ The video that I saw showed Hurricane Irma following along the coast of Cuba, so it must be destroying many things in its path. :( 

From weather.com website:

Some 30,000 of 2 million Florida Power and Light customers were without power in Broward and Miami-Dade counties. 

WTSP TV station has been evacuated as we prepare for Hurricane #Irma. We will be broadcasting from a remote studio in a safer location.

The U.S. Postal Service has suspended deliveries and retail operations in South Florida until further notice.

Orlando International Airport will shut down 5 p.m. EDT Saturday. Miami International Airport and Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport have halted all flights.

سبحان الله

Oh people of Haqq!

Is this not the punishment to those who disbelieved?

Have the signs been not clear to them?

Indeed,

They believed like their forefathers believed,

Who have lost their ashes,

So will be their descendants.

سبحان الله

Verily,

Glad tidings oh 'Ali!

Curse be upon your enemies and your killers,

Upon you be victory and knowledge!

9 minutes ago, Kazemi said:

سبحان الله

Oh people of Haqq!

If a hurricane or flood or any disaster was moving toward your city, toward your family, your neighbors, your teachers and coworkers, would you say the same thing? 

My teacher is Allah,

I have heard the thunderclaps,

Indeed,

I fear Allah alone,

And the believers are protected by Him.

13 minutes ago, Kazemi said:

My teacher is Allah,

I have heard the thunderclaps,

Indeed,

I fear Allah alone,

And the believers are protected by Him.

Okay. You made your point. Please don't post in this topic to show hatred of other people. Go to another topic, please. 

2 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

Okay. You made your point. Please don't post in this topic to show hatred of other people. Go to another topic, please. 

I am but a friend to those who seek a path,

A path covered with leaves,

You do not understand me,

So do not accuse me,

I am but a friend to those who believe,

You are among the righteous,

Am I among the wrongdoers?

37 minutes ago, Kazemi said:

36 minutes ago, Kazemi said:

Glad tidings oh 'Ali!

Curse be upon your enemies and your killers,

^^^ Do these statements have anything to do with Hurricane Irma? You want to say that people who get killed in a natural disaster are evil people? Are people who die in earthquakes in Muslim countries evil?

I asked you leave this topic. Please go.

Oh people of Haqq!

Have the signs been not clear to them?

Indeed,

They believed like their forefathers believed,

Who have lost their ashes,

So will be their descendants.

@Kazemi.

This thread is about a national disaster, not a showing of vain words.  I would be extremely careful if I were you, there could be brothers and sisters in Florida who couldn't get out. 

P.S. This kind of talk makes living in the US harder for us, if a non-Muslim were to read this, I would not blame them for getting upset and being turned away from Islam.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

~1800 09Sept17

Irma's Eye is moving 9-12mph with ~145miles to the Peninsula and ~90miles to the Keys. May become a CAT4 again.

Coastal Flooding Warning in SE Louisiana and western Alabama.

Flash Flood Warnings for nearly all of Georgia.

The US is going to have a bad week. Flash Flood warnings around Las Vegas. Red Flag Fire warnings for Montana and ldaho.

1 minute ago, Reza said:

Is it really appropriate to post memes on a topic like this?

Occasionally, l think. As long as they are not "inappropriate".  M1993's l think was OK, but it did start to derail the thread.

1850hrs, Saturday:

NBC's Preliminary Estimates for Irmaggeddon's costs:

1.4Million Tourist jobs

$12Billion in lost agricultural production (plus prices rises where you are)

$50Billion in insurance claims.

~2100EDT 09Sept17

From reading on lrmaggeddon tonight:

Eastern Cuba:  ln some areas, not only not a single tree left standing (including old, thick ones) but utility poles were pulled out of the ground.  Where roofs came off the wind driven rain stripped paint off interior walls.

One report said that a home's storm-room's steel door bent inward.

lrma's Eye  is still nearly sitting alongside Cuba --East of Havana.