Rate this topic

The term Rafida was coined by Imam Zayd Ibn Ali after people rejected his call to revolt against the Caliphate of the Ummayyad. Imam Zayd did refused to speak bad about the Two Sheikhs (Abu Bakr and Omar). But he didn't called people Rafida for criticizing some Sahaba, rather it was meant the rejecters of his call to arms against a corrupt rule. Now for some reason we see Sunnis who use this term to attack anyone who dare criticize Muawiyah and accuse you of being kaffir for criticizing some sahabas. However criticizing sahabas are not kufr per se, they were not infallible nor they were prophets. So we Sunnis cannot accuse the Shia when they call us (Sunnis) Sahaba worshippers. However this is not the case when Sunnis criticize Fatima, Ali, Hussein and Hassan. Why is that? I call all my Sunni brothers to not be hypocrites and do not call everyone a Rafida for those who criticize clear Nasibis among the Sahaba and when criticize Nasibi feelings in the Sunni community. I also ask my Shia brothers to speak about this issue and discuss with the Sunnis in a peaceful manner without disparaging the 3 caliphs and without saying "come to my sect". Debate is good, but not arguments.

Yes it is a blessed term even mentioned in Qur'an, when the magician rejected Pharaoh. We do reject the Khalifas and we don't believe it is their task. But we don't insult them. Salafis calling us Rafidis is something they mostly lie, because how can we be called rafidi when we don't even follow fully Imams rather we do sins and many times we go against their teaching?

Edited by Dhulfikar

9 hours ago, SunniBrother said:

The term Rafida was coined by Imam Zayd Ibn Ali after people rejected his call to revolt against the Caliphate of the Ummayyad. Imam Zayd did refused to speak bad about the Two Sheikhs (Abu Bakr and Omar). But he didn't called people Rafida for criticizing some Sahaba, rather it was meant the rejecters of his call to arms against a corrupt rule. Now for some reason we see Sunnis who use this term to attack anyone who dare criticize Muawiyah and accuse you of being kaffir for criticizing some sahabas. However criticizing sahabas are not kufr per se, they were not infallible nor they were prophets. So we Sunnis cannot accuse the Shia when they call us (Sunnis) Sahaba worshippers. However this is not the case when Sunnis criticize Fatima, Ali, Hussein and Hassan. Why is that? I call all my Sunni brothers to not be hypocrites and do not call everyone a Rafida for those who criticize clear Nasibis among the Sahaba and when criticize Nasibi feelings in the Sunni community. I also ask my Shia brothers to speak about this issue and discuss with the Sunnis in a peaceful manner without disparaging the 3 caliphs and without saying "come to my sect". Debate is good, but not arguments.

If we discuss the term Raifidah. It has no practical implication. 

You might be calling us Raifidah in one sense. And shia might have understanding of Raifidah in different meaning. 

So these terms have no significance. 

Shia disagree first three Khalifa so they are Raifidah. 

What about those who disagreed imam Ali and fought against. 

Who about those who disagreed yazeed. And so on .

So labelling someone with term Raifidah or other has no value. 

Quran too has used word Rafdh and zayad also.