Sindbad05

Is Ammar Nakhswani against Wilayat e Faqih

Rate this topic

Just now, Ron_Burgundy said:

Everyone has their own ruling how would ou know which one is right? and we are supposed to follow most knowladgeable and who will tell us who has more knowledge?

There are many signs of differentiating good from bad.

1. Good will give you proof.

2, While bad will just use his tongue for abusing others.

3. Good will always guide you towards benefit.

4. While bad will guide you to fitnah.

5. Good does not make personal attacks without proofs.

6. Bad attacks people without evidence. 

And so many things, Quran provides good description for differentiating between good and evil.

1 minute ago, Sindbad05 said:

There are many signs of differentiating good from bad.

1. Good will give you proof.

2, While bad will just use his tongue for abusing others.

3. Good will always guide you towards benefit.

4. While bad will guide you to fitnah.

5. Good does not make personal attacks without proofs.

6. Bad attacks people without evidence. 

And so many things, Quran provides good description for differentiating between good and evil.

So good always have more knowledge? and I don't live with them most of us probably don't know them personally and have never seen them so can we judge?

10 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

So good always have more knowledge? and I don't live with them most of us probably don't know them personally and have never seen them so can we judge?

We can judge through the help of Quran and Ahlebait a.s. They have told us signs of honest and hypocrite. 

is Ammar Nakhswan a mujtahid, even a low level scholar? if not, what does it matter what he thinks - anyone can promote themselves to a position of getting invited to give talks - doesn't mean much. i

41 minutes ago, skylight2 said:

is Ammar Nakhswan a mujtahid, even a low level scholar? if not, what does it matter what he thinks - anyone can promote themselves to a position of getting invited to give talks - doesn't mean much. i

Hmm, I was just curious as to why not he invited youth to learn from Mujtahids rather than giving impression that if you do not listen to Mujtahids, it's alright, I mean these are experts in Islam, we have to encourage youth to ask questions from those who are most knowledgeable in any field. Like we say that for obtaining this degree, go to this university. Why not encourage ? 

The problem is that we have too many shia centers who are giving the podium (minbar) to those who claim to be self-taught. That is fine and well - nothing wrong with being self-taught - but when one goes out and spreads this self-taught knowledge, where are the checks and balances that an alim who has studied in a hawza has to go through? Sure a self-taught individual MAY be able to narrate who others have stated (here to one needs an ijaza - strictly speaking) - but they cannot indulge in their own ijtihad - because they are not a mujtahid. 

Somehow our communities' standard of knowledge has gone so low - that self-taughtness is good for a minbar - but lets see how many of the same who study in universities to become doctors, engineers etc - would agree that they can also be self-taught. And lets see how many would allow their children to be treated by a self-taught "doctor" (i.e. quack) .

According to wikipedia: "He studied in the Islamic Seminaries of Damascus, Syria in the precincts of the sanctuary of Zainab, the granddaughter of Holy Prophet Muhammad, from 2009 - 2012" So that's it ... he studied for three years apparently in Syria. How did he become such a celebrity? Yeah, he has some degrees from western universities - but those do not count towards becoming a mujtahid - that's like saying an MD degree a non-recognized/certified "university" is the same as a certified / accredited university - they are not the same... that is why there are licensing requirements / standards. And there is within Shi'a Islam as well. Thankfully so! Look at the state of affairs amongst Sunnis where anyone can just pronounce themselves a "sheikh" . 

Edited by skylight2

12 hours ago, skylight2 said:

The problem is that we have too many shia centers who are giving the podium (minbar) to those who claim to be self-taught. That is fine and well - nothing wrong with being self-taught - but when one goes out and spreads this self-taught knowledge, where are the checks and balances that an alim who has studied in a hawza has to go through? Sure a self-taught individual MAY be able to narrate who others have stated (here to one needs an ijaza - strictly speaking) - but they cannot indulge in their own ijtihad - because they are not a mujtahid. 

Somehow our communities' standard of knowledge has gone so low - that self-taughtness is good for a minbar - but lets see how many of the same who study in universities to become doctors, engineers etc - would agree that they can also be self-taught. And lets see how many would allow their children to be treated by a self-taught "doctor" (i.e. quack) .

According to wikipedia: "He studied in the Islamic Seminaries of Damascus, Syria in the precincts of the sanctuary of Zainab, the granddaughter of Holy Prophet Muhammad, from 2009 - 2012" So that's it ... he studied for three years apparently in Syria. How did he become such a celebrity? Yeah, he has some degrees from western universities - but those do not count towards becoming a mujtahid - that's like saying an MD degree a non-recognized/certified "university" is the same as a certified / accredited university - they are not the same... that is why there are licensing requirements / standards. And there is within Shi'a Islam as well. Thankfully so! Look at the state of affairs amongst Sunnis where anyone can just pronounce themselves a "sheikh" . 

Lolz, you are right. There are so many things going on at the moment. I believe that only those people should be given mimbar who are certified to have credible qualifications from renowned Hawzahs which are being administered by renowned scholars established at famous religious centers or certified by those centers. Even in my countries many speakers come on mimbers who get fame but later on teach things which Imams have not told us, in the beginning we love them, but later on we pray them that ya Allah forgive them. Like for example:- Allama Nasir Abbas Shaheed, may Allah have mercy upon him believed in saying "Aliyun Waliullah" in Tashud, while this is not taught by any known revered Maraja of great name. This brings only sadness and disappointment. 

On 8/31/2017 at 4:54 AM, Mohamed1993 said:

By saying if you don't follow WF you don't follow twelfth Imam, what else are you implying though? Some reject WF because they only believe in absolute authority under the umbrella of an infallible, so by saying you're rejecting twelfth Imam if you reject WF, aren't you implying you think the leader of WF is infallible, seeing as though there is definitely no consensus over this issue in Shia theology?

Let's not make mistake, my dear brother. It’s not a matter of following a fallible or an infallible. It’s about whether or not we are going to be under the umbrella of the right front, the flag of the right front, whether it's led by a fallible or by an infallible. If someone doesn’t want to help the right front and follow its Leader during the gheibah era, does such a person have the morale to help infallible Imams?

If someone doesn’t believe wali faqih is leading the front of haq (right), they should have reason to present before Allah. But if they know this is a right front and the Wali Faqih is a qualified leader, however they refuse to follow him (in certain affairs that right front needs), then what would be the guarantee they would help Wali Masoum?

Yes. It’s easy to say: If I was in Karbala, I would had sacrificed my life for Imam Hussein. If I were during the time of Imam Ali, I would have fought Muawiyah and his tricks. But In practice things may change.

Now, at this time, what are we doing?

However, since Imam Mahdi will present clear proofs and his path will be shown clearly, there may be people who, based on misinformation or miscalculation, are not currently on the right, but when they witness Imam Mahdi's proofs and his etmam hojat, the way of joining him may be open for them too.

Edited by kamyar

24 minutes ago, Hassan- said:

@Mohamed1993 you should watch this video.

Watched it man, the issue is even if we are to accept one leader to represent imam Mahdi (atfs) who do we accept as this leader? I follow Sayed Sistani as my marja, but he takes up a different position than Sayed Ali Khamenei on this issue, he believes in WF but he differs on the absolute authority of the maraja, that doesn't mean he disrespects Sayed Ali Khamenei, he just has a different opinion. We can't have a consensus on an issue that doesn't have an agreement across all maraja. And I don't think every maraja that has a different opinion is an enemy of islam and trying to sow division in the community. We can't all agree on everything, but the moment we start discounting people based on their opinion on this issue then we are dividing the Shia community. 

14 hours ago, kamyar said:

If someone doesn’t want to help the right front and follow its Leader during the gheibah era, does such a person have the morale to help infallible Imams?

The issue here is some would say that under an infallible Imam, we know that this person is a perfect human being and therefore, we have no qualms about following him. With WF, the issue is who is this Faqih? Do we have a consensus on this issue? No, we don't. As I said earlier differing opinions doesn't necessarily mean someone is trying to divide the Shia community. 

But if they know this is a right front and the Wali Faqih is a qualified leader,

This is arrogance, so yes I agree, but other people have their reasons for not believing it is, and to each their own, Allah knows best.

based on misinformation or miscalculation, are not currently on the right,

They have their reasons, of which we do not know, so I wouldn't say they are misguided, just as I wouldn't say supporters of WF are either. 

We have to learn to agree to disagree agreeably, I really hate seeing this division amongst Shias where certain people are unwelcome on certain platforms because they have a different view than the vision Imam Khomeini had. We agree to not use abusive language against the 3 caliphs and Ayesha because its immoral, it breaks the ummah and also, so that we don't cause more pain and suffering for Shias elsewhere who may be attacked because of what is said in a speech. In the same way brother, I believe we should not alienate our brothers because they disagree on an issue on which there is no broad consensus. 

Edited by Mohamed1993

On 8/31/2017 at 2:50 AM, IbnMariam said:

Not commenting on the issue of WF itself, but with all due respect, you shouldn't be wasting your time on him anyway.

Mashallah he is very smart and well versed, but he seems to a bit too materialistic for a sheikh... 

1 minute ago, kirtc said:

Mashallah he is very smart and well versed, but he seems to a bit too materialistic for a sheikh... 

I'm sorry but I have to disagree on both points, he's not well versed, and if anything I can't judge his expenditure. There's nothing wrong with spending for enjoyment's sake within your means, and maybe he's give much in the way of charity that is unknown to the public.

3 minutes ago, IbnMariam said:

I'm sorry but I have to disagree on both points, he's not well versed, and if anything I can't judge his expenditure. There's nothing wrong with spending for enjoyment's sake within your means, and maybe he's give much in the way of charity that is unknown to the public.

no, I meant he takes alot of money for his lectures... 25$ per person for a religious lecture? 

35 minutes ago, kirtc said:

no, I meant he takes alot of money for his lectures... 25$ per person for a religious lecture? 

It doesn't sound right or sit well with me, but at the same time I have to admit that I don't know if it's haram or not, so until I know, I can't judge. That's even taking into account many things he says are just plain wrong, and the fact he rarely provides a source or chain of narrators for the ahadith he quotes which is what we're supposed to do.

Please stop slandering your own brother in Faith. He does some Philanthropic work too. If people are capable of paying the money then they may pay. If not then no one will go to listen him. Who knows he is using all the money into good work and he wants people to contribute and not be stingy. Din't be judgemental. Judgement belongs to Allah.

Edited by Waseem162

@Mohamed1993 Whats the problem? Why don't you support Wilayat e Faqih?

Many People come up with different theories and start asking questions on Wilayat E Faqih. I'm not going to quote any ahadeeth. I'll just say that to understand this Contemporary Wilayah, We need to understand the phase of Al Faraj.
Thats the first point.

The second point is any rule that is for the sake of Allah and in support of Wali ul Amr is as legitimate as anything.
If the vow is to give Power to Wali ul Amr then its absolutely fine to uprise just like Hazrat Zayd (a.s) did against Ummayads.

The third point I'm gonna make is - Has this concept of Wilayah done something that is Ungodly? What it did is - It revealed the Hypocrisy of the Global Powers, It led a grand Operation against Terrorism, It has stretched its hand to save all the Shrines, It has never let the oppressed be oppressed. Either it has worked to free the oppressed or has atleast raised its voice when there was no way round to deal with it.
It has produced Glorious Martyrs. World Powers are shaken by this uprise. They fear Iran now!! It is the only country to speak for Al Aqsa and provide security as much as they could at the highest level. They have not lacked behind in any field of operation in the field of Science. Space,Nano, Cyber, Medicine,Militia etc. They are not falling back.

Can you name me a country more Truthful than Iran now??
They are approved by Marhoom Grand Ayatullah Salek e Khuda Mohammad Taqi Behjat Foumani (r.a). What else do you need?

Have you got more Baseerah than him?

I know my Marja Grand Ayatullah Sayed Sestaani (h.a) has some different opinion to it but he never opposes it. And I myself have heard from a very verified scholar in India that once he went to met Agha Seestani and Agha told him that "Whether he is following Agha Khamenei or not. He said yes I am. Then Agha Seestani said that no you should follow him more religiously."

Brother they are preparing for his (ajfs) return. 
They're the True Momeneens. Giving away their lives for Imam of Time.
Anybody who "opposes" them is a hindrance to the Movement to end the phase of Faraj.

Note - Opposition and Not following are two very different issues.

Edited by Waseem162

4 hours ago, Waseem162 said:

@Mohamed1993 Whats the problem? Why don't you support Wilayat e Faqih?

I don't have an issue with it as it is what the Iranian people have chosen for themselves. What I don't approve of is then when people voice any criticisms of it or they disagree with some aspects of it, they get automatically smeared and people alienate them. We all know there are imperfections within the system, and no system under someone that's not infallible can ever be perfect, so why is it that when people voice disagreement with aspects of WF, people don't want to listen to them or they automatically get smeared? Even Imam Ali (a.s.) in his letter to Malik e Ashtar on leadership stated that criticism and grievances should be something that is promoted, in the same way I don't think anyone should be disrespected or just treated as an enemy simply because he/she voices an opinion that some don't agree with. Its not like he's saying something that violates a fundamental tenet of the religion over which there is no disagreement or debate. 

If you want to know my personal opinions, I support WF, not because I think it is a perfect system and above criticism and debate, but because we will lose more than we gain by not having it. Any other system that takes its place is going to have corruption, misuse of funds, inequality, you name it and without WF, we will not have anyone to defend Shias in Iraq and Syria from takfiri aggression and in Lebanon from Zionist aggression. So I support it but I respect people who have differing views on it too. 

2 hours ago, kirtc said:

25$ per person for a religious lecture? 

Think he charges more than that, but he does a lot of good work, he opened the first Shia department in the US at hartford seminary, that cost a lot of money I'm sure. We have so many books in university libraries here praising Muawiyah and Abu Sufyan, we need to make sure our side is heard and our sources are represented too. We can't know what his intentions are with the money he charges, maybe he uses for a good cause.  

Edited by Mohamed1993

4 hours ago, kirtc said:

He addressed his reasoning for this a while back. In his view, speaking isn't a viable career path for many because it's hard to make a living off it for themselves and their family. Most  end up needing other occupations, with speaking becoming a volunteering side gig. This creates speakers who can't devote full time and effort to create quality presentations, which causes a diluting effect. 

Also, he makes the point that people are willing to spend this kind of money for movies, sporting events, and other activities, yet demand all religious events be totally free. He finds it disrespectful that speakers who put in lots of work into helping people with Islam are treated below entertainments and the like. 

People complain there aren't enough quality speakers all the time. We forget they are human beings who need to make a livelihood too, just like the rest of us. We perpetuate this system in many ways, and we deserve the result. We get what we pay (or not pay) for.

Take it or leave it, that's his opinion. It's been debated before here, and I've looked at all sides of this argument. In terms of his particular fees, I'm not sure where it goes or how it works.

9 hours ago, Mohamed1993 said:

I don't have an issue with it as it is what the Iranian people have chosen for themselves. What I don't approve of is then when people voice any criticisms of it or they disagree with some aspects of it, they get automatically smeared and people alienate them. We all know there are imperfections within the system, and no system under someone that's not infallible can ever be perfect, so why is it that when people voice disagreement with aspects of WF, people don't want to listen to them or they automatically get smeared? Even Imam Ali (a.s.) in his letter to Malik e Ashtar on leadership stated that criticism and grievances should be something that is promoted, in the same way I don't think anyone should be disrespected or just treated as an enemy simply because he/she voices an opinion that some don't agree with. Its not like he's saying something that violates a fundamental tenet of the religion over which there is no disagreement or debate. 

If you want to know my personal opinions, I support WF, not because I think it is a perfect system and above criticism and debate, but because we will lose more than we gain by not having it. Any other system that takes its place is going to have corruption, misuse of funds, inequality, you name it and without WF, we will not have anyone to defend Shias in Iraq and Syria from takfiri aggression and in Lebanon from Zionist aggression. So I support it but I respect people who have differing views on it too. 

You said the Truth. I myself have met people who don't want to listen anything. This should not be the case. Even Rehbar knows that the system is not perfect. Almost in his every speech he praises but criticizes too! There are some naive people who think criticism is done out of hatred. No it is done to bring improvement. Brother just because some people are going vague about the concept doesn't means the concept in itself is vague. The concept is very clear. Top notch Marjas have supported it. They are doing all of this just to protect Islam from the hands of Enemy and to create a ground for Our Imam to Return and they've been immensely successful in doing this. World Powers are fearing Iran. Now they fear real Islam. There will always be a difference of opinion. Its fitrat. But when we say we "support" you O leader. Then it should be from the heart and we should love him more than our own selves. Because what he is doing our own selves can't do. Just like one should love All Ulemas on Haq and All Momeneens more than their own selves.

Edited by Waseem162

5 hours ago, Waseem162 said:

I myself have met people who don't want to listen anything.

Exactly! This is what I was referring to. Which is why I was telling brother Sindbad don't stop listening to what Sayed Ammar Nakshawani says purely based on his stance here. He may not be perfect either, but I have learnt a lot from him especially on history. We need speakers like him in the West, our religion is being tarnished day by day, and if we don't have speakers that can appeal to a more western audience how do we change the perception? Isn't it our job to change the negative stereotypes and invite more people to the faith? As it is, he has already been smeared by some rightwingers as a radical and an anti-Semite for saying it is shameful for a state that has violated so many UN resolutions (israel) to continue to exist. The last thing we need is to alienate our own speakers. 

6 minutes ago, Jebreil said:

بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم

السلام علیکم

@Waseem162

The problem with your arguments is indeed that they do not begin with verses and hadith, or even pure reason, but rely entirely on speculation, vague generalisation, unverifiable personal anecdote and appeal to authorities that do not by themselves prove anything.

My question is, why? Not why do you believe in the doctrine - one might believe something because they have a feeling that it's true. But why do you argue for the rational truth of your belief on such flimsy material?

و علیکم السلام

So Brother! You made a good statement. Yes I believe they are on the path of Truth. If you want to talk reason then here is the book. Go and read it yourself. But I think you are either a Pro Shirazi or a Londonite who is not perceiving pure Truth. No offense.

Can you mention where I am going Vague?

https://www.al-islam.org/shia-political-thought-ahmed-vaezi/what-wilayat-al-faqih

Edited by Waseem162

1 hour ago, Mohamed1993 said:

Exactly! This is what I was referring to. Which is why I was telling brother Sindbad don't stop listening to what Sayed Ammar Nakshawani says purely based on his stance here. He may not be perfect either, but I have learnt a lot from him especially on history. We need speakers like him in the West, our religion is being tarnished day by day, and if we don't have speakers that can appeal to a more western audience how do we change the perception? Isn't it our job to change the negative stereotypes and invite more people to the faith? As it is, he has already been smeared by some rightwingers as a radical and an anti-Semite for saying it is shameful for a state that has violated so many UN resolutions (israel) to continue to exist. The last thing we need is to alienate our own speakers. 

I am sorry but he did not tell full knowledge. He should have told that although this is not among Usul-e-Deen but those who are in Usul-e-Deen namely Allah, Messenger and Imams have asked us to contact the narrators of the Hadith. It seems to me as if he is saying that it is not a problem if you do not listen to an Alim and rather make decisions upon your own but there are many things which an individual do not know but Maraja is doctor in that field. 

Edited by Sindbad05

21 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

It seems to me as if he is saying that it is not a problem if you do not listen to an Alim

Its ultimately your decision, but you seem to be saying things he never said, he said Imam Khomeini's vision of absolute authority is not something that's agreed upon by all, he never said don't listen to an aalim.