Assalamu alaykum everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could help me with my study of zaidism? Is there anywhere online where I can read books on zaydi fiqh and hadiths etc or anywhere in Australia where I can buy books??? I like studying religion and knowing more about different beliefs so if anyone could help me that would be great!!

4 hours ago, Zee16xo said:

I was wondering if anyone could help me with my study of zaidism?

Salam. The Buwayhids, in the Zaidiyya branch of Shia Islam, ruled in Fars, Isfahan and Baghdad in the 10th and 11th centuries. Modern day Zaidis (who follow Zaid son of the 4th Imam Sajjad AS) live mostly in Yemen. Just so you know, a lot of Zaidis are becoming Twelver Shia. You can read a few chapters about Zayd in the book History of the Caliphs:

Zayd Ibn ‘Ali’s Uprising and the Zaydids in Shi‘ism
Zayd Ibn ‘Ali in Kufa
Zayd Ibn ‘Ali’s Clash with the Umayyads’ Forces
Zaydism, Shi‘ism and Zayd Ibn ‘Ali (a)
The Twelve- Imam Shi‘ite Muslims and Zayd

https://www.al-islam.org/history-of-the-caliphs-rasul-jafariyan/shiite-muslims-last-decades-umayyad-state#zayd-ibn-alis-uprising-and-zaydids-shiism

Salam Hameedah,

currently I am sunni but would like to change to zaidism, I have read a lot about it but would prefer to actually read fiqh books about zaidism. I wouldn't be 12er shia because I don't believe infallibility of the imams and I don't really believe in the hidden imam, but I believe Ali was the rightful successor after the prophet pbuh, which leads me to zaidism. :) thanks for the link.

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 5:58 AM, Zee16xo said:

Salam Hameedah,

currently I am sunni but would like to change to zaidism, I have read a lot about it but would prefer to actually read fiqh books about zaidism. I wouldn't be 12er shia because I don't believe infallibility of the imams and I don't really believe in the hidden imam, but I believe Ali was the rightful successor after the prophet pbuh, which leads me to zaidism. :) thanks for the link.

I am also researching like a crazy. I agree with several theological points about them. Their fiqh is really unique and way of accepting hadith. They read both the hadiths of Sunnis and twelvers because they analyses the hadith with Qur'an and mutawattir hadiths. They also have their own hadiths. It goes something like this - Qur'an abrogate verses of the Qur'an, Qur'an can abrogate Sunnah but a sunnah is never above the Qur'an and cannot contradict the Qur'an. For example - They do not accept the punishment of stoning adulterers because the Qur'an says flogging. They also don't believe that the devils are chained in Ramadan and the gates of paradise is open - They interpreted like this: When a believer fasts in Ramadan then his devils (the ego and evil inclinations) are chained and the gates of paradise are open (his good character). They don't believe the Imams as infallible, however they believe the consensus of Ali, Fatima, Hussein and Hassan as infallible and above the rest of the sahaba for religious ruling. They don't curse the sahaba. They believe that one who commits major sins and die without repenting is neither Muslim nor Kaffir but something in between. They believe that Muslim rulers should be descendents of Hussein and Hassan, they even point out as proof to see how Jordan and Morocco is blessed comparing to other Muslim countries due to this.

Edited by SunniBrother

Here is a Tafseer made by them on Surah Al Ikhlas -

Exegesis of Al-'Ikhlās (Q. 112)

In the Name of Allah the Most Merciful the Most Gracious... My father [i.e. Imam ar-Rassi], may Allah be merciful to him, was asked about the statement of Allah: {Say: He is Allah, the One} (Q. 112:1). {One} means: Individually Unique. The meaning of {the Everlasting}: The One upon whom everyone is dependant, the One in whom is no passing. The One who nothing is after, the One with whom is no overpowering divinity. {He does not beget}, in that the Exalted is not a parent; that would be limiting. {He is not begotten} (Q. 112:3), for He would be in-time creation who begins. The one who begot Him would be before Him. {There is no one equal unto Him}. {...equal (al-kuf'a)} means: likeness or similarity. {One} is what we cited And made clear in our exegesis. He is Allah, the One and Individually United, The One who is like no other; for there would be, in His Oneness, a rival. He is One Everlasting, for He‟s the One all depend upon and Source of all vital. {He is unlike anything. He is the All-Hearing, Omnipercipient} (Q. 42:11) He teaches what is in the heavens and earth. He is the All-Aware, Omniscient.