SIAR14

Making Income through Ahlul Bayth (A.S) is Kufr.

Rate this topic

21106313_1419256691489987_7325302758016482746_n.thumb.jpg.b7ee52d0f92bf7b51a8cd2778109d0ce.jpg

I just read this saying of Imam (A.S). Does this mean scholars, noha reciters and writers who spread religion of Ahlul Bayth (A.S) and in return ask for money are doing harm?

1 hour ago, SIAR14 said:

21106313_1419256691489987_7325302758016482746_n.thumb.jpg.b7ee52d0f92bf7b51a8cd2778109d0ce.jpg

I just read this saying of Imam (A.S). Does this mean scholars, noha reciters and writers who spread religion of Ahlul Bayth (A.S) and in return ask for money are doing harm?

I do not think that it has only single meaning. Because, Imam Ali a.s and Imam Reza a.s used to give away gifts to those who used to say poetry in their love or read Majlis in their love. 

However, this quote is similar to the verse in Quran which says: "Do not sell verses of Quran for your mean ends". 

It is as if an Alim uses knowledge of Ahlebait a.s to gain wealth that expands beyond meeting his needs and in such case, his ideology becomes that religion is means to earn wealth, then, he will be associating his wishes with Allah AWJ which is Shirk and Shirk is also a kind of Kufur.

Imam Ali a.s says: "Most of the Alim's are poor because majority of the people are ignorant about their status". So, we must not create problems for people who were given gifts by our holy Imams as well. 

24 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

Because, Imam Ali a.s and Imam Reza a.s used to give away gifts to those who used to say poetry in their love or read Majlis in their love.

Yes this is true Imam (A.S) used to gift people for their love. But now a days scholars themselves demand huge amount of money to share their knowledge. I think this is not fair. 

53 minutes ago, SIAR14 said:

Yes this is true Imam (A.S) used to gift people for their love. But now a days scholars themselves demand huge amount of money to share their knowledge. I think this is not fair. 

What about if someone makes Allah source of income. 

2 hours ago, SIAR14 said:

If it is according to their needs, why should any of us oppose it ? 

1 hour ago, islam25 said:

What about if someone makes Allah source of income. 

Making Allah source of income how ? 

If it is for meeting the needs of life, and there is no other way, then for meeting the expenses, it is good rather than having a begging bowl in hands. 

If it is employed just for the purpose of obtaining wealth and grandeur which exceeds so much that it accounts to Israaf, then they should give away in charity.  

4 minutes ago, islam25 said:

I do not know 

If you do not know, then why should we speak over this ? Since there is none whom you know nor I know such a person. 

Secondly, if there be such a person who takes amount of money which is too much for someone, then it may be that he requires much resources for his study, research, maintaining the educational expenses of children, having a good home and good medical facilities. 

Why do we aspire good things for ourselves and desire others to live in misery. Either change your whole system to provide good facilities to all without discrimination or if we can't then it is a matter between Allah AWJ and the Alim who reads Majalis. 

Edited by Sindbad05

8 hours ago, islam25 said:

What do you mean by not fair. 

What is greater sin. 

I am not sure this haidth is absolutely referring to scholars and and all, that's why I said this is not fair. 

8 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

If it is according to their needs, why should any of us oppose it ? 

You are right one should not oppose them. Brother in sub-continent there are people who learn deen not to spread it but to earn out of it and show how knowledgeable they are. They are misguiding people. They usually spread what people likes to hear rather then telling what Islam wants them to teach to people. I believe today core reason of sectarianism and sub-sects is money Mullahs takes at the cost of deen. Yes there are few sincere towards deen, they are exception.   

3 hours ago, SIAR14 said:

You are right one should not oppose them. Brother in sub-continent there are people who learn deen not to spread it but to earn out of it and show how knowledgeable they are. They are misguiding people. They usually spread what people likes to hear rather then telling what Islam wants them to teach to people. I believe today core reason of sectarianism and sub-sects is money Mullahs takes at the cost of deen. Yes there are few sincere towards deen, they are exception.   

3 hours ago, SIAR14 said:

I am not sure this haidth is absolutely referring to scholars and and all, that's why I said this is not fair. 

I also belong to subcontinent. It is what Imam calls as selling Deen for wrong things. If an Alim does not have any other means, and he asks money for teaching good things to the masses or kids, it is not selling deen but demanding his right. Selling deen is when you say things which is not in Islam. It is as if one has sold his deen in return of wrong things. 

Salaam,

I don't think we can ever spend too much money on good scholars. It is an investment in our future.

We have to keep in mind that a lot of the full-time scholars really get a chance to make money during Muharram and Ramadan so they have to charge more to make ends meet for the rest of the year.

We allow our children to have athletes for roles models who make millions but then complain about a few thousand dollars that our scholars make.

If you invite a scholar to your masjid or Islamic Center, you are not just paying him to speak. You need to pay his airline ticket, his meals, accommodation, gasoline to drive his car to the airport, etc. If he travels with his wife and children, you need to pay their expenses as well. Think about these things when you complain about them. Maybe you should ask somebody who lives in your own city to speak, so you can save on expenses. 

There are many, many people who commit this sin, it's not that difficult to find examples in order to understand the meaning of this.

Religion, in terms of structure, is vulnerable to a lot of corruption. And it can be extremely profitable, to the point of making you millionaire easily, if you don't fear Allah. I know several people that got rich that way, and they did nothing but lie, manipulate the truth and steal money from muslims.

Funny thing is that many people end up respecting them more because of the money they made, without condemning and taking into the consideration the haraam they made. Bah... Who cares anymore.

As for preachers, they are doing a service to the community and investing their time in it. I don't see a problem paying them, and I don't find it wrong as long as they are not doing it solely for the money but because of their commitment. However, still, if I were a preacher, I would work on getting a stable income from my work or business and preach for free.

Edited by Bakir

5 hours ago, Bakir said:

However, still, if I were a preacher, I would work on getting a stable income from my work or business and preach for free.

Yes this is what I also believe. If preacher has another source of income It will be ease to access that he is sincere in his preaching. He is not doing for money.

Edited by SIAR14

Religion is a huge field, it may happen that some people may not be able to handle two or three disciplines at a time like many scholars. We should not criticize scholars if they have no other means to earn rather encourage them by paying them for Majalis and Nohas.