Rate this topic

If I'm honest Afghanistan will never be strong again. The presence of almost 40 years of war and western occupation has destroyed Afghanistan. Hatred is developed during the civil war. USA just destroyed once a beautiful and developing country. I'm saying this based from experience because my father lived in Afghanistan during the 70s (I am afghan myself). Me and my family are always of the opinion to have let the Soviet Union conquer Afghanistan, because after all, it wouldn't have been in this situation currently going on. Of all the people of Afghanistan, the Hazaras have been killed and oppressed more than any other.  

On 8/24/2017 at 5:35 PM, David66 said:

Hello,

Oil?  Opium?  :hahaha:

The USA has more hydrocarbons than it can use.  In fact, the USA is one of the largest exporters of hydrocarbons.  And, Afghanistan has very little oil.  Also, if you investigated a little you would learn that China has essentially monopolized the mining of raw materials in Afghanistan.

The USA has a huge opioid problem.  The US government is spending millions on treatment and eradication efforts.  So, no, the US is not in Afghanistan to corner the heroin market.

If you are going to use crazy conspiracy theories you need to at least fabricate theories that are logical.

All the Best,

David

Lol... your faith in your government is cute.

If individual people/generals within in the military or certain politicians sees the opportunity to make immense amounts of money by handling drugs, why wouldnt they? You think everyone is captain america like yourself?

Who the hell would care if the public health sector would get problems with the consequences if they can get dirty rich and live comfortably? If another sector of the government would have to deal with it?

You think the US government consists of 1 person only?

Theres never been a US politican pushing for actions in self interest? Heard about Diick Cheney?

Since the invasion of Afghanistan, opium related drug use and addictions in america has sky rocketed, this is an absolute fact.

Oh and speaking of natural resources, Afghanistan has huge amounts of natural gas and minerals, did you know about that burger king?

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-war-is-worth-waging-afghanistan-s-vast-reserves-of-minerals-and-natural-gas/19769

Hello,

Please take a look at this web site.  It describes my tax dollars at work in Afghanistan.

https://www.usaid.gov/afghanistan/about-us

A few excerpts,

• Helped more than 5,977 Afghan enterprises obtain over $52 million in loans.
  • Improved trade by facilitating accession to the World Trade Organization and improved revenue collection from customs by 24% 
  • In 2015, as a direct result of U.S. Government assistance, over 560,000 pre-birth care visits and 290,000 births were attended by skilled providers.
  • bring an additional 172 megawatts (MW) to Afghanistan’s national power grid;
  • rehabilitate nearly 2,000 kilometers of roads, including the Afghanistan Ring Road;
  • provide clean water to more than 615,000 Afghans;
  • fund the construction of more than 500 schools and 600 health facilities.
  • USAID has supported the steady emergence of Afghanistan’s independent media, by training more than 8,600 media professionals, including more than 2,100 women. USAID is also supporting increasing journalist security while strengthening access to information by assisting in media advocacy efforts.

I agree with some of your points Gaius.  But, to abandon the Afghan people and allow Islamic extremist to retake and subjugate the Afghan people would be immoral.  Hopefully, Afghans can use these gifts supplied by the American taxpayer to form a stable, peaceful society.

"How come the US doesn't aim to achieve this goal in every country, especially their own allies? Why does the US only try to implement this goal for some countries, and not others?"  E. L. King

Check out this link.

http://www.foreignassistance.gov/explore

And.....

image.thumb.png.7aded5c27d1e1bc1fee7cbd160695e44.png

All the Best,

David

7 minutes ago, David66 said:

"How come the US doesn't aim to achieve this goal in every country, especially their own allies? Why does the US only try to implement this goal for some countries, and not others?"  E. L. King

I don't think King meant foreign aid, he meant if the US is so concerned about Afghanistan and creating a fair and equal society and blah blah, why doesn't it start doing that with some of its allies? Most notably Saudi Arabia, which is a country that harbours terrorists, exports extremism globally, and if we're really talking about human rights or God's given rights, then they fall well short of this, they are basically ISIS, they behead, have no plurality of opinion, no churches, no synagogues, treat Shias like dirt, etc. And I know you'll say well what about Iran? Well, Iran isn't a US ally, they don't have diplomatic relations, so there's no hypocrisy there. Also, I don't really understand how the US can fight the Taliban when its allies are the number one sponsors of its ideology, even if its the rich donors and not the kingdom (which I think is a cop out excuse), there isn't much the kingdom does to stop funding extremist groups as long as it is not a threat to its own monarchy. 

30 minutes ago, David66 said:

Hello,

Please take a look at this web site.  It describes my tax dollars at work in Afghanistan.

https://www.usaid.gov/afghanistan/about-us

A few excerpts,

• Helped more than 5,977 Afghan enterprises obtain over $52 million in loans.
  • Improved trade by facilitating accession to the World Trade Organization and improved revenue collection from customs by 24% 
  • In 2015, as a direct result of U.S. Government assistance, over 560,000 pre-birth care visits and 290,000 births were attended by skilled providers.
  • bring an additional 172 megawatts (MW) to Afghanistan’s national power grid;
  • rehabilitate nearly 2,000 kilometers of roads, including the Afghanistan Ring Road;
  • provide clean water to more than 615,000 Afghans;
  • fund the construction of more than 500 schools and 600 health facilities.
  • USAID has supported the steady emergence of Afghanistan’s independent media, by training more than 8,600 media professionals, including more than 2,100 women. USAID is also supporting increasing journalist security while strengthening access to information by assisting in media advocacy efforts.

David, I think you will acknowledge that humanitarian actions are based on self-interest as well. The US as with any other nation would not engage in such actions if they did not feel it suited their own interests. I'm not trying to say the US is all evil and that it doesn't do some good around the world, it does but it is ultimately rooted in self-interest, For example, if you consider the actions you mentioned and then square those with the sanctions the US has imposed on Syria and Iran, which have prevented the ordinary Iranians and Syrians (not even the govts that the US claims to be hostile toward) from getting medication and seeking treatment, then the idea of altruism falls apart. There is always something to be gained by the donor country, what those gains are is what is being debated. 

I believe you, @David66 totally misunderstood my point. Take into picture the double standards by the US government when it comes sanctions for "poor" human rights record between Saudi Arabia and Iran. Why is Iran sanctioned - in terms of human rights abuses (according to the US) - when the exact same thing happens in Saudi Arabia, but there is no US sanctions against Saudi Arabia in that respect? 

12 hours ago, Maysam22 said:

If I'm honest Afghanistan will never be strong again. The presence of almost 40 years of war and western occupation has destroyed Afghanistan. Hatred is developed during the civil war. USA just destroyed once a beautiful and developing country. I'm saying this based from experience because my father lived in Afghanistan during the 70s (I am afghan myself). Me and my family are always of the opinion to have let the Soviet Union conquer Afghanistan, because after all, it wouldn't have been in this situation currently going on. Of all the people of Afghanistan, the Hazaras have been killed and oppressed more than any other.  

It breaks my heart that our motherland is in the state it is. I agree, the soviets would have been less destructive than America but at the end of the day, our land is our pride. Why would we let it just be conquered like that? Zindabad Afghanistan ♡

3 minutes ago, Afsaneh14 said:

It breaks my heart that our motherland is in the state it is. I agree, the soviets would have been less destructive than America but at the end of the day, our land is our pride. Why would we let it just be conquered like that? Zindabad Afghanistan ♡

Sorry that I'm saying this sister, but what pride? What could we possibly be proud of? The mujahideen who destroyed our country after licking out the Soviets?  They killed thousands upon thousands of innocent civilians because one didn't get the position he wanted in government? Or should we proud of the corrupt after corrupt government that is elected? I don't have much pride of Afghanistan because it hasn't given me anything (mainly because I am hazara). 

The reason I sad the we would have been better off with the Soviets is because once in the history of Afghanistan, we had a true president in Dr. Najibullah. There was plenty of food back then with education for everyone. And look now at the state of our country were many are still illiterate. 

5 minutes ago, Maysam22 said:

Sorry that I'm saying this sister, but what pride? What could we possibly be proud of? The mujahideen who destroyed our country after licking out the Soviets?  They killed thousands upon thousands of innocent civilians because one didn't get the position he wanted in government? Or should we proud of the corrupt after corrupt government that is elected? I don't have much pride of Afghanistan because it hasn't given me anything (mainly because I am hazara). 

The reason I sad the we would have been better off with the Soviets is because once in the history of Afghanistan, we had a true president in Dr. Najibullah. There was plenty of food back then with education for everyone. And look now at the state of our country were many are still illiterate. 

What about defeating the british? Something most of asia had failed in. What about the gorgeous land our parents and grandparents had once lived in, with freedom and development. Yes, we have been ripped apart. And yes, you are Hazara so it is 6 million times more difficult for you than me to be proud of our watan. But who says we cannot move forward?

The people of afghanistan, every single one of us, are headstrong and resilient. We have survived four wars. Our next war is with our own doubts. We must believe that together we can rebuild "loy Afghanistan", inshaallah 

3 minutes ago, Afsaneh14 said:

What about defeating the british? Something most of asia had failed in. What about the gorgeous land our parents and grandparents had once lived in, with freedom and development. Yes, we have been ripped apart. And yes, you are Hazara so it is 6 million times more difficult for you than me to be proud of our watan. But who says we cannot move forward?

The people of afghanistan, every single one of us, are headstrong and resilient. We have survived four wars. Our next war is with our own doubts. We must believe that together we can rebuild "loy Afghanistan", inshaallah 

We have survived war in the last four decades but who caused it? Shouldn't we mostly blame ourselves for this? Especially the Mujahideen? 

3 minutes ago, Maysam22 said:

We have survived war in the last four decades but who caused it? Shouldn't we mostly blame ourselves for this? Especially the Mujahideen? 

Every country has its evil group of people. For us it was mujahideen. But baring in mind our dear friend USA (totally being sarcastic) further evolved them into Taliban. And were also supported by pakistan

2 minutes ago, Afsaneh14 said:

Every country has its evil group of people. For us it was mujahideen. But baring in mind our dear friend USA (totally being sarcastic) further evolved them into Taliban. And were also supported by pakistan

How to be like the US government ? With 5 simple steps!

1)Create Mujahideen and arm/finance tem

2)Keep financing them till war is over

3)The group should have been big right now,so invade the hell out of them!

4)Kill everyone at Taliban(New Mujahideen) and also kill some civilians,it won't hurt! 

5)Accuse them of terrorism and then go back to the country and take credits for being peacekeepers  

Note:US government only,nothing against the civilians.

1 minute ago, M.IB said:

4)Kill everyone at Taliban(New Mujahideen) and also kill some civilians,it won't hurt! 

5)Accuse them of terrorism and then go back to the country and take credits for being peacekeepers  

Exactly. This is what they have done in Afghanistan, Iraq now they're doing it in Syria. I'm not saying the people of Afghanistan are completely not involved, but with America's satanic influence, what was the common Afghan meant to do.

I love how america never gets involved in the middle east, and if they do it is SOLELY for peace! 

1 hour ago, M.IB said:

Maula Ali (A.S) said: Our enemies are not the Jews or the Christians, our enemy is our own ignorance. 

No matter how much analysis we are going to do and reveal want world is doing to innocent Muslims. At the end it is our ignorance ,which has lead to this situation. We need to improve ourselves. We need to get back to Quran and Ahlul Bayth (A.S) and start practicing it. 

On 8/23/2017 at 8:56 PM, David66 said:

Hello,

From a United States perspective, the goal is to establish a "state" that does not harbor terrorist.  And, to promote a society that encourages the acceptance of all created equal and granted by God inalienable rights. 

All the Best,

David

that is the official story, but I suspect it has more with Pakistan, a country that is worried about extremists on its borders.

And we have terrorists right here in the US. It is the same group that used to bomb buildings, burn cars, get into shootouts with police, assault people in the streets, and call for violent revolution when I lived in Germany. That group had a few names, but it was all the same people: The Red Army Faction, the Baader-Meinhoff group, or ANTIFA. Marxist atheists and thugs out to burn down church and mosque alike. 

Terrorism takes a lot of forms, and it isn't just bombs. We have kids in this country that are being brainwashed into thinking they are the opposite sex, and given hormones to stop puberty. In Australia, they are giving 13 year olds sex change operations. Literally ruining their lives for some Cultural Marxist agenda. To me it is terrorism against children.

So while we worry about some guys running around with AK-47s in the mountains of Afghanistan, our own country is being corrupted and compromised. We have radical groups like ANTIFA and 3rd wave feminists "partnering" with Sunni Islamist groups to push some agenda involving individual rights, when it is pretty easy to see that the political left is using Muslims for its own ends. These people hate all religion.

24 minutes ago, SIAR14 said:

Maula Ali (A.S) said: Our enemies are not the Jews or the Christians, our enemy is our own ignorance. 

No matter how much analysis we are going to do and reveal want world is doing to innocent Muslims. At the end it is our ignorance ,which has lead to this situation. We need to improve ourselves. We need to get back to Quran and Ahlul Bayth (A.S) and start practicing it. 

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:43 PM, SIAR14 said:

From couple of months I am trying to study situation of Afghanistan. There are so many stakeholder involve in Afghanistan and it is hard to understand what exactly are the objectives of different stakeholders. Can some one please briefly explain what is going on in Afghanistan, who are the allies and why? And what is the end goal of different stakeholder in Afghanistan: like America, India, Pakistan, Iran, Afghan Taliban, Afghan Government, Hazara community and Daesh. 

http://tass.com/politics/952790 

"Russia awaits West's reaction to 'unidentified aircraft' supporting lS in Afghanistan" 22June17

On 8/23/2017 at 9:43 PM, SIAR14 said:

From couple of months I am trying to study situation of Afghanistan. There are so many stakeholder involve in Afghanistan and it is hard to understand what exactly are the objectives of different stakeholders. Can some one please briefly explain what is going on in Afghanistan, who are the allies and why? And what is the end goal of different stakeholder in Afghanistan: like America, India, Pakistan, Iran, Afghan Taliban, Afghan Government, Hazara community and Daesh. 

The two faces of Afghan conflict
West vs Russia & China
Pakistan vs Afghanistan

Today US wants to use Afghanistan to penetrate into the underbelly of Russia and eventually Russia...and further gain strategic depth against China. 100 years ago Russia wanted to use Afghanistan to get to the soft underbelly of the British empire- India. So Afghanistan is where West meets East. Literally.

After the third, I believe, Anglo-Afghan war parts of Afghanistan was to be under the British control for 99 years as one of the terms of the peace treaty (like Hong Kong). Before that 100 years was over, the British withdrew and Pakistan was formed. This portion of land, the Pashtun and parts of Baloch inhabited areas of Pakistan, made for 20% of Pakistan's territory. Afghanistan was the only country in the UN to vote against the formation of Pakistan for this very reason. This issue is very important for the Pashtuns of the Afg govt and if ever it gets enough muscle it will go on asking for it back. Today Pakistan wants to have enough influence in Afghanistan so that it will not raise the issue or act up on it in any way shape or form. Hence, their support of the Taliban and other terrorist networks.