Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Afsaneh14 said:

No i dont mean that lol i mean it wasnt called iran. And khyber pass comes under pakistan as well. I think the pashtun lived in old ariana, which was invaded by Alexander if im correct (i could b wrong though).

Even today it is still debated where pashtuns are actually from but theyre still the oldest known afghan tribe

True lol.

The Pashtuns are a Mystery. They can be found anywhere from Afghanistan to Peshawar to even Karachi. ;)  

2 minutes ago, 2113 said:

True lol.

The Pashtuns are a Mystery. They can be found anywhere from Afghanistan to Peshawar to even Karachi. ;)  

Yeah its a massive diaspora. Most pashtuns dont know themselves where they r from. I remember when i was living in pakistan i met pashtuns that couldnt speak a word of pashto because they had lived amongst urdu speakers all their lives. I was amazed to say the least lol

Hello,

Oil?  Opium?  :hahaha:

The USA has more hydrocarbons than it can use.  In fact, the USA is one of the largest exporters of hydrocarbons.  And, Afghanistan has very little oil.  Also, if you investigated a little you would learn that China has essentially monopolized the mining of raw materials in Afghanistan.

The USA has a huge opioid problem.  The US government is spending millions on treatment and eradication efforts.  So, no, the US is not in Afghanistan to corner the heroin market.

If you are going to use crazy conspiracy theories you need to at least fabricate theories that are logical.

All the Best,

David

13 hours ago, David66 said:

Hello,

From a United States perspective, the goal is to establish a "state" that does not harbor terrorist.  And, to promote a society that encourages the acceptance of all created equal and granted by God inalienable rights. 

All the Best,

David

LOl hahahahah DAVID you are funny.... i think you haven't heard Donald uncle... he said we are not their to build. 

Read this... this is our interest.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-war-is-worth-waging-afghanistan-s-vast-reserves-of-minerals-and-natural-gas/19769

2 hours ago, Afsaneh14 said:

As for iran, why on god's earth would day support taliban? 

According to Pakistan's defense analytic Afghan Talibans are getting better with Hazara shias (I don't know how true this statement is). The only reason I can understand Iran might support some Taliban in Afghanistan is because they are anti-america and Iran don't want American influence in Afghanistan. Afghanistan is the heart of Asia, so having control over Afghanistan means having control over Asia.

Edited by Syed Irtiza Ali Rizvi

31 minutes ago, Syed Irtiza Ali Rizvi said:

According to Pakistan's defense analytic Afghan Talibans are getting better with Hazara shias (I don't know how true this statement is). The only reason I can understand Iran might support some Taliban in Afghanistan is because they are anti-america and Iran don't want American influence in Afghanistan. Afghanistan is the heart of Asia, so having control over Afghanistan means having control over Asia.

that's a fair point actually

2 hours ago, Syed Irtiza Ali Rizvi said:

I don't think the Taliban are getting better with the Hazaras. Proof is the recent joint attack with ISIS on the village of Mirza Olang in the province of Mazar Sharif. Besides, when they only want Pashtuns in Afghanistan, why would they reconcile with the Hazaras? In my opinion the hatred of the Taliban towards Hazaras is mostly because of race and politics. I don't think religion plays a huge role in this. 

26 minutes ago, Maysam22 said:

I don't think the Taliban are getting better with the Hazaras. Proof is the recent joint attack with ISIS on the village of Mirza Olang in the province of Mazar Sharif. Besides, when they only want Pashtuns in Afghanistan, why would they reconcile with the Hazaras? In my opinion the hatred of the Taliban towards Hazaras is mostly because of race and politics. I don't think religion plays a huge role in this. 

EXACTLY. I have no clue who even thought that talibans are even capable of reconciliation with hazaras

6 hours ago, David66 said:

Hello,

Oil?  Opium?  :hahaha:

The USA has more hydrocarbons than it can use.  In fact, the USA is one of the largest exporters of hydrocarbons.  And, Afghanistan has very little oil.  Also, if you investigated a little you would learn that China has essentially monopolized the mining of raw materials in Afghanistan.

The USA has a huge opioid problem.  The US government is spending millions on treatment and eradication efforts.  So, no, the US is not in Afghanistan to corner the heroin market.

If you are going to use crazy conspiracy theories you need to at least fabricate theories that are logical.

All the Best,

David

This would be a funny joke, if only you were joking.

Glad I lived until 2017 to find out the USA are not interested in oil. I was seriously beginning to doubt about their integrity.

7 hours ago, Maysam22 said:

In Pakistan there are people who claim not all Taliban are bad, there are some who are not extremist. I tried to break my stereotype but personally I didn't able to find good Taliban, still according to their opinion I am trying my level best to identity who are the good Taliban. 

In my opinion, core reason of hatred is religious. 

Edited by Syed Irtiza Ali Rizvi

4 hours ago, realizm said:

The USA has more hydrocarbons than it can use. 

It isn't so much about needing the resources for use, controlling resources of a particular region also means you get to exercise control of that region and project your power and be the hegemon there, and can therefore undermine others like the Russians, Chinese etc. The US oil deals with Saudi Arabia have little to do with needing Saudi oil, but the nature of the agreement that the US has with the Saudis means the Saudis only sell their oil in dollars, which means every other country must demand dollars to buy Saudi oil, this in turn strengthens the dollar and helps stabilise it. It has little to do with needing oil or the minerals for personal use, it has more to do with what benefits having access to those resources brings in a way that wouldn't if you just relied on your home production. 

^ Hello,

The stability and desirability of US Dollars and US investments comes from the strong rule of law in the United States.  There are many countries where investing personal funds is very risky due to graft, cronyism, and unstable governments.  In short, you get what you pay for

All the Best,

David

8 hours ago, David66 said:

^ Hello,

The stability and desirability of US Dollars and US investments comes from the strong rule of law in the United States.  There are many countries where investing personal funds is very risky due to graft, cronyism, and unstable governments.  In short, you get what you pay for

All the Best,

David

You should look more into the Bretton woods agreement after abandonment of the gold standard, and why at the time such an agreement was necessary to maintain the hegemony of the US dollar. 

On 24/08/2017 at 11:56 AM, David66 said:

Hello,

From a United States perspective, the goal is to establish a "state" that does not harbor terrorist.  And, to promote a society that encourages the acceptance of all created equal and granted by God inalienable rights. 

All the Best,

David

How come the US doesn't aim to achieve this goal in every country, especially their own allies? Why does the US only try to implement this goal for some countries, and not others?

It's the geopolitics. People in Washington don't care about things like this, all they care about is US "strategic interests" - while those entities who have  consderable influence over US foreign policy such as the bankers, oil companies, defense contractors etc... and other entities may try to lobby for their own economic interests.

On 8/23/2017 at 9:56 PM, David66 said:

And, to promote a society that encourages the acceptance of all created equal and granted by God inalienable rights

So in other words, sharia law in Afghanistan but don't they already have that?

A sensible country would focus on discouraging tribalism and political corruption in Afghanistan, instead of enforcing their views of society with vague ideas and words like "God inalienable rights" .

Personally, I think United States should pull out, there is no clear objective after sixteen years of war. It is a waste of men, resources and time. There is a reason why Afghanistan is called "The Graveyard of Empires".

Nobody is buying your nonsense, so don't wrap yourself around the American flag over something as complex as the war in Afghanistan. And nobody really knows what is going on there.

19 hours ago, Maysam22 said:

Race and politics definitely pllays a role in the plight of hazaras. However hic cant be the only problem, because there are other races. Why are uzbeks, tajiks and turkmens not being killed and treated as badly as the hazara? Baring in mind nearly other race in Afghanistan is majority sunni apart from the hazaras

On 8/24/2017 at 1:15 AM, realizm said:

Rectification : to establish a drug state which will become a slave to narcodollars, and help the USA sabotage the health and safety of the world's youth, from Europe to their own country.

Enough with your evil propaganda.

https://www.rt.com/news/afghanistan-heroin-production-increased-266/

Increased by 40 times, David. 40 times. And your beloved Government does not see/do/take part in anything ?

It increased because the Taliban needed to find a new income source after being toppled from power not because the us wants heroin.

On Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 6:30 AM, Sindbad05 said:

If all ethnicities of Afghanistan realize that they should work together instead of supporting this or that country because if that happens then Afghanistan will rise as great country who is neither seduced nor

I agree 100  percent. But compared to before, Afghanistan is nowhere near as tribal and divided as it was once. There are so many communities and regions where all races live together in unity. There are so many campaigns uniting the afghan diaspora across the world telling us that we aren't pashtun tajik hazara uzbek etc.. we are jst Afghan

2 hours ago, Afsaneh14 said:

I agree 100  percent. But compared to before, Afghanistan is nowhere near as tribal and divided as it was once. There are so many communities and regions where all races live together in unity. There are so many campaigns uniting the afghan diaspora across the world telling us that we aren't pashtun tajik hazara uzbek etc.. we are jst Afghan

Yes, if it happens, soon Afghanistan will be an strong country but I hope such Afghanistan will be Muslim friendly and does not believe in anti-Islamic ideologies that is expansionist.