Mohammed72

Why I became Muslim (Sunni)

Rate this topic

32 minutes ago, Mohammed72 said:

I used to be a Shia (mushrik), to be short used to say things like Ya Ali and that the prophet has Ilm' Al Ghayb.

So shias are not muslims is what you are saying? Are we kafir then?

Also, you did not answer my second question.

Just now, IbnSina said:

So shias are not muslims is what you are saying? Are we kafir then?

Also, you did not answer my second question.

No it is not shirk to ask Dua from someone who is alive.

And it depends on what that individual believes. Every Shia will say something different. If he believes for example that Aisha (RA) did zina then he is a kafir.

Please just let me answer the questions above before you ask your next question.

28 minutes ago, Mohammed72 said:

No it is not shirk to ask Dua from someone who is alive.

Ok, so then you are saying as long as someone is alive, it is not shirk to ask them to make dua for you.

What about people who are alive but you do not see them? Does the holy Qur'an mention something about such cases? People who died fi sabilillah?

2:154

Sahih International: And do not say about those who are killed in the way of Allah , "They are dead." Rather, they are alive, but you perceive [it] not.

28 minutes ago, Mohammed72 said:

And it depends on what that individual believes. Every Shia will say something different. If he believes for example that Aisha (RA) did zina then he is a kafir.

What do you mean?

If you say whatever about Aisha, does it make you a kafir or not a kafir? Does my belief in the existence of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى and the message of his last messenger(S) depend on what I may say or not say about Aisha, one of the wives of the Prophet(S)? How do you reason?

What is your definition of the term kafir?

40 minutes ago, Mohammed72 said:

You can click on my account and see my posts from 3+ years ago. I do not need to prove myself to you. Alhamdullah Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى is my witness. Why can't you just answer my questions? And if I am a nasibi does that mean my killing is now Halal? Are you going to take my money and give it as Khums?

روى الصدوق طاب ثراه في العلل مسندا إلى داود بن فرقد قال: قلت لأبي عبد الله عليه السلام (39) المصدر السابق ص 167 .ما تقول في الناصب ؟
قال : حلال الدم لكني أتقي عليك، فإن قدرت أن تقلب عليه حائطا أو تغرقه في ماء لكيلا يشهد به عليك فافعل .
قلت: فما ترى في ماله ؟
قال خذه ما قدرت .
 وسائل الشيعة 18/463، بحار الأنوار 27/ 231

If you can read arabic.

And your claim that you love and follow the Ahlulbayt (RA) is the same as the Christians (may the lana't of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى be upon them) claim that they love and follow Isa (A). I wonder which follower of the Ahlulbayt (RA) can't answer basic questions about their aqeedah? Wallah it is not the aqeedah of the Ahlulbayt (RA) rather that of Abdullah ibn Saba'.      

In the book "Firaq us Shia" Page 19-22 depending on the edition the Shia sheikh admits that Abdullah ibn Saba' was the first person to spread Imammah and the Lana'h of the Sahaba (RA).

Ignored.

You're a waste of server space.

and to my fellow Shia who read his posts beware of this Sunni Wahabbi who comes here to create confusion in the hearts of the ill educated. He's here for that exact reason. Any question which may arise in your hearts I would ask you to ask in a separate thread on this forum as well as ask of your scholars.

Dont be deceived by this shaitan. He's here to create weakness in your Iman by creating confusion in your mind. Ignore this enemy of Shias.

Edited by Akbar673

24 minutes ago, Qa'im said:

The preservation of the Quran was supported by Saduq, Tusi, Sharif Murtada, and [arguably] Mufid; and it is the dominant position (near consensus) in the hawzas and among our maraji`. Yes, we have had scholars that believed in tahreef, so have Sunnis. Tahreef is a complex discussion that Sunnis simply don't want to deal with, and so instead they catastrophize and hurl accusations at others. Al-Albani said that Abdullah b. Mas`ud (ra) did not believe that al-Falaq and an-Nas were a part of the Quran - that is tahreef. All Sunnis believe that ayat ar-rajm has been abograted only from the recitation (naskh at-tilawa) - this is tahreef. All Sunnis believe that the qira'at of the Quran (7 mutawatir, 3 ahad) do not holistically represent the 7 ahruf, which means that aspects of the 7 ahruf are either lost or jumbled into the current qira'at - this is tahreef. Simply research the basic differences between the 7 qira'at, and you'll find places where they differ in meaning (and not just in "accent" or "recitation" or whatever) - call it what you want.

The position of all twelver Shi`a, whether or not they believe in tahreef, is that the mus`haf today is the word of God. We must use it in our prayers, recite from it, and we even receive baraka by looking at it. It is the main criterion by which our ahadith are authenticated. The narrations on tahreef even tell us to stick to this mus`haf, and that the Mahdi will bring the correct qira'a once he comes. In other words, the practice of those who believe or disbelieve in tahreef is identical.

First of all Al-Mufid as you clearly know but want to hid has contradicted himself once saying he believes in tahreef and once saying he doesn't. You putting the names of 4 of your scholars who do not believe in tahreef doesn't prove anything nor does it have anything to do with my question. Its funny how you talk about the hawzas and tahreef. You try and ignore Al-Qazwini and Al-Fali and other modern-day scholars who believe in tahreef by saying "we had scholars". LOL you had, have and will have scholars who believe in tahreef. Please name me the sunni scholars who believe in tahreef. Who actually believe in tahreef not just commented on the narrations as fabricated. It doesn't change the rule that whoever believes in tahreef is a kafir. This is what Shias can not say as they wouldn't have a religion with that many of their scholars being kafir. You talk about naskh at-tilawa while you can open Bihar Al Anwar and Waseeli as Shia and you will find the same narrations. Go read your own books. Waseeli As Shia has a chapter called the proof for stoning from the Quran go read it. 

As for the 7 Qiraat, they are wahi from Allah. Did you not know that? Even your Marjas like sistani say you can pray Salah with them. Who said an ayah can not have more than one meaning? GO read tafsir al mizan. As for Abdullah ibn Masud (RA) there are narrations that say he did include them and narrations that say otherwise. The narrations that say he did include them are stronger. As for Al-Albani that his opinion not a hujjah. He himself doesn't not believe in tahreef. You can read more here:

http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vbe/showthread.php?t=11694

However, Majlisi backs him self up with fake narrations from the Ahlulbayt (RA) that he says reaches the level of muttawatir. You also ignored Al-Gizi video who used evidence from Al-Khoei's book.

You still have not answered:

If someone believes in tahreef are they a kafir?

Do shias even have an isnad for the Quran?

55 minutes ago, Qa'im said:

You quote these verses as though none of our scholars have read them in the last 1200 years. First of all, tawassul is not even a Shia issue, it is an Islamic issue. There are Sunnis who practice tawassul, and there are Shias who do not practice tawassul.

Tawassul is often compared to shirk, but to be honest, there will always be an intermediary between one and God. The names of Allah are created and separate from Him, and our words, actions, and rituals are all mediums between us and Him. As Imam al-Hadi once said, we share no medium with Allah, because that would be tashbeeh. We are creation, and we interact with creation - the Creator in His Essence is only known though His created signs. The Infinite God acts through the finite. Allah gives life, by allowing His created Spirit to breathe a soul into our bodies. Allah ends life, by allowing His created angel to remove our soul from our bodies. Allah delivers rizq to us through created means. So tawassul and ziyara, like salat, zakat, sawm, hajj, and other good deeds, are ultimately a path to God. They are all different means through which He is reached. A truly "direct" relationship is not plausible. As long as one believes that all created things have no power in and of themselves, then tawassul can only be an intercession to God, and not calling on a separate deity. Otherwise, the same argument can be made about all of our good deeds.

I'm curious to hear why you think istighatha in the Hereafter is so different from tawassul in the dunya.

You don't even know what istighatha means? FLOP. We believe in tawassul and like Ali (RA) said with our good deeds and so on. Who is even talking about Ismai wa Sifat? Allah's names created another shia belief. Please actually know what you are talking about before you post. Maybe I should ask you what you mean by istighatha in the hereafter? Istighatha is asking someone apart from Allah for something. e.g. Ya ALI give me a child. In other words shirk. Tawassul is saying Ya Allah give me this and this as I preformed this action. Need Surah AL Khaf to see an example. And Ahlul-sunnah say tawassul using a dead person is not allowed and is bid'a. Some scholars have put it under the category on minor shirk. Its seems you and your scholars have been reading Quran like the jews read the torah.

1 hour ago, Qa'im said:

As for his point that the difference between Sunnism and Shiism is the finality of prophethood: this is disingenuous because many Sunnis (perhaps most) believed in maHfooth awliya' who performed karamat and kashf (infallibility, sainthood, miracles, and divine inspiration). It is wrong to assume that the Sealing of Prophethood = Cosmic Despair. The Seal even for Sunnis did not mean the end of divine vicegerency, as the Mahdi or even the Caliphs would fulfill that role.

The root difference between Sunnism and Shiism is the question of authority. For Sunnis, divine authority went to the Umma as a whole, which has the right to choose a divine vicegerent (khalifatullah), and the sahaba of which are all `adil and authoritative, and the consensus of the scholars is considered divine law, and the qiyas and ra'y of the scholars is acceptable in fiqh, etc. For Shi`is, the divine authority of the Prophet (s) passed to a man and not to the Umma as a whole. The latter is more Quranic, as it contains no concept of "people's rule" in divine matters; rather Allah's sunna is to appoint a vicegerent to lead the people, and demand that the people submit to that man. And Allah's sunna does not change (33:63).

--

May Allah keep our hearts steadfast on the wilaya of `Ali b. Abi Talib (as)

First of all that thread is exactly what I mean. Firstly, you ignored my question about the Prophets being better than no prophets as Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى has said. The verses used fail in these ways:

Allah has not cut himself off from creation. The Quran and the Sunnah was left for us as guidance.

The verse about Ull Al Amr says that if there is a dispute than return to the Prophet (Sunnah )and the Quran (Allah) so that means the Ull Al Amr who are the Imams to you are not a Hujjah.

Saying Allah made Talut a king has nothing to do with Imammah. I can say Allah pointed Abu Bakr (RA) as the leader after the Prophet (S) using that logic.

You used verse that talk about the role of prophets like the one from Surah Al Anbya and said that talks about the role of the Imam? Also you do not seem to know that the word "Aiimmah" in arabic means leaders. So Allah made the Prophets Leaders that would receive wahi to do good actions somehow equals to the Imammah of the ahlulbayt?

Even Imam it has many meaning such as leader. In surah Yasin

36:12   Verily, We give life to the dead, and We record that which they send before (them), and their traces [their footsteps and walking on the earth with their legs to the mosques for the five compulsory congregational prayers, Jihad (holy fighting in Allah's Cause) and all other good and evil they did, and that which they leave behind], and all things We have recorded with numbers (as a record) in a Clear Book.

Here it means book. And in surah Al furqan 

25:74 And those who say: "Our Lord! Bestow on us from our wives and our offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and make us leaders for the Muttaqun"

If Imammah was meant by the word Imam in the Quran than this Dua would be Haram. Its like praying to be a prophet. However, Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى says it is a characteristic of his servants to say this dua.

Also through out the article you gave wrong information. E.g. sidiqeen means the truthful not whatever you said. There are other examples as well if you want.

Also one more verse

28:41  And We made them leaders inviting to the Fire, and on the Day of Resurrection, they will not be helped.

In arabic "jalnahum" is used. Does that somehow mean these are Godly chosen Imams?

About the finality of prophet hood it like usually tried to change the topic. We say that Awliya have karamt. And there is a difference between wahi and ilham. That might be another word you do not know the meaning of. Also if you meant by that paragraph that you rejected the finality of prophet hood than thats Kufr. Even in the Quran it talks about a period with no Prophets.

5:19  O People of the Scripture! Now hath Our messenger come unto you to make things plain unto you after an interval (of cessation) of the messengers, lest ye should say: There came not unto us a messenger of cheer nor any warner. Now hath a messenger of cheer and a warner come unto you. Allah is Able to do all things.

2 hours ago, Mohammed72 said:

Brother, If I am wrong answer my questions I will become Shia again. The Quran is full of verses including the phrase "they ask you". 

I ask Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى to guide you.

a very good point. And yet, none asked the prophet saww, "who are these uil amr" as per 4:59

[Shakir 4:59] O you who believe! obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority from among you; then if you quarrel about anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you believe in Allah and the last day; this is better and very good in the end.

@Mohammed72 . 

Shia follow the tradition of Ahlulbayt. What does Ahlulbayt teach us? To be virtuous and to be obedient to Allah. In Qunut we praise Allah and do salawat on the Prophet (SAWA) and then to end Qunut we do the same process. In Salat, we praise and glorify Allah's name, we face Qiblah direction, and we do salawat on the Prophet (SAWA) and his Ahlulbayt (as). The most holiest book in Shia Islam is the Quran. The most perfect creation that Allah has created is none other than the Holy Prophet (SAWA). In Christianity they believe in the Trinity that God, the son and the Holy Spirit combine to form one enitity, a physical entity. In Sunni Hadith it mentions that we will see Allah's face and that he will have arms and legs while we refute this belief. According to the tradition of the Prophet and his family, Allah does not have a physical form, that he is too powerful to obtain a physical form. According to what I just mentioned it seems that Sunni Islam are the ones that actually contradict themselves are closer to Christianity. We accept all Prophets in Islam, we do not reject Muhammad's (SAWA) tradition, we uphold it and we practice it. I domt know what research you have conducted but it needs to be done again, from Shia sources and not Sunnu sources. 

57 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Ok, so then you are saying as long as someone is alive, it is not shirk to ask them to make dua for you.

What about people who are alive but you do not see them? Does the holy Qur'an mention something about such cases? People who died fi sabilillah?

2:154

Sahih International: And do not say about those who are killed in the way of Allah , "They are dead." Rather, they are alive, but you perceive [it] not.

What do you mean?

If you say whatever about Aisha, does it make you a kafir or not a kafir? Does my belief in the existence of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى and the message of his last messenger(S) depend on what I may say or not say about Aisha, one of the wives of the Prophet(S)? How do you reason?

What is your definition of the term kafir?

The shia picking and choosing. 

3:169 Think not of those who are killed in the Way of Allah as dead. Nay, they are alive, with their Lord, and they have provision.

This is talking about barzakh. If the Prophet can hear everyone that calls him even me in London whats the difference between him and Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. 

Tell me if someone accused Fatima (RA) of that it would still make them a kafir so why the hypocrisy and hate for the Prophets wives.

For info on what makes someone a Kafir:

https://islamqa.info/en/85102

58 minutes ago, Akbar673 said:

Ignored.

You're a waste of server space.

and to my fellow Shia who read his posts beware of this Sunni Wahabbi who comes here to create confusion in the hearts of the ill educated. He's here for that exact reason. Any question which may arise in your hearts I would ask you to ask in a separate thread on this forum as well as ask of your scholars.

Dont be deceived by this shaitan. He's here to create weakness in your Iman by creating confusion in your mind. Ignore this enemy of Shias.

Typical shia who has nothing to say. Accuse him of being a wahabi. Saying wahabi will not hide Abdullah ibn Saba'.Saying wahabi will not hide your shirk. Saying wahabi it will not hide tahreef. Saying wahabi will not hide the truth.

The file I posted shows a confession by a shia scholar that Abdullah ibn Saba' the Yemeni jew was the first person to spread Imammah and the dissocation from the Sahaba (RA). In English:

Allama Hasan Musa Naubahti in his book “Firaq ush shia” wrote:

Some knowlegable people from companions of Ali said that:

“Abdulla ibn Saba was yahudi who accepted islam. He was supporter of Ali . While a Jew, he propounded the exaggerative notion that Yusha ibn Nun was divinely appointed to succeed Prophet Musa, after accepting islam, he adopted a similar stance with regard to `Ali in relation to the Holy Prophet (after his death).

He (ibn Saba) was the first man who told that believe in imamat of Ali is obligatory, and he openly vitriolated his enemies (i.e. the first three Caliphs) and branded them as infidels.”

https://devilsdeceptionofshiism.wordpress.com/2011/07/01/first-shia-scholar-and-founding-father-of-shiism-abdullah-ibn-saba/

This link contains another scan.

Please all Shia, open the Quran and read about the praise Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى gives to the Sahaba (RA). Read about what Allah Says about Calling upon besides him. The Shia on this form try and sugar coat their beliefs by not answering questions and ignoring half of what I say.

48:29 Muhammad (SAW) is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and falling down prostrate (in prayer), seeking Bounty from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. The mark of them (i.e. of their Faith) is on their faces (foreheads) from the traces of (their) prostration (during prayers). This is their description in the Taurat (Torah). But their description in the Injeel (Gospel) is like a (sown) seed which sends forth its shoot, then makes it strong, it then becomes thick, and it stands straight on its stem, delighting the sowers that He may enrage the disbelievers with them. Allah has promised those among them who believe (i.e. all those who follow Islamic Monotheism, the religion of Prophet Muhammad SAW till the Day of Resurrection) and do righteous good deeds, forgiveness and a mighty reward (i.e. Paradise).  

5 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

You are mixing up a lot of things.

You troll.

So another person with no answers to my question. Please tell me if shias don't want to answer my questions what are they doing on this forum?  

Just now, Mohammed72 said:

So another person with no answers to my question. Please tell me if shias don't want to answer my questions what are they doing on this forum?  

What are you doing on SC, troll? 

Just now, Islandsandmirrors said:

What are you doing on SC, troll? 

An ex-shia who is trying to reveal the truth about this religion. Shias have a habbit of answering a question with a question. Its because they have no answer. 

1 hour ago, hoskot said:

a very good point. And yet, none asked the prophet saww, "who are these uil amr" as per 4:59

[Shakir 4:59] O you who believe! obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority from among you; then if you quarrel about anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you believe in Allah and the last day; this is better and very good in the end.

i believe, companions did asked but early islamic rulers prohibited [url=https://www.al-islam.org/when-power-and-piety-collide-sayyid-moustafa-al-qazwini/chapter-7-prohibition-transcribing-hadith] transcribing this hadith and the likes[/url]. as a result, none is found in sunni hadith collection.

1 minute ago, Mohammed72 said:

An ex-shia who is trying to reveal the truth about this religion. Shias have a habbit of answering a question with a question. Its because they have no answer. 

First, learn how to spell, then we will talk with you.

May Allah bring you back to the path of the Ahlul-Bayt (AS) 

26 minutes ago, hoskot said:

i believe, companions did asked but early islamic rulers prohibited [url=https://www.al-islam.org/when-power-and-piety-collide-sayyid-moustafa-al-qazwini/chapter-7-prohibition-transcribing-hadith] transcribing this hadith and the likes[/url]. as a result, none is found in sunni hadith collection.

You can not even compare sunni hadith to shia hadith. Shia firstly don't even a have a isnad for the Quran let alone hadith. They use the sunni one. There ilm ur rijal is all taken from sunnis. According to the writer of wasail as shia there is not even one shia hadith that can be considered sahih. I can provide a scan for those who wish.

24 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

First, learn how to spell, then we will talk with you.

May Allah bring you back to the path of the Ahlul-Bayt (AS) 

WOW! SO COOL. (In other words you have no answers to my question). 

4 hours ago, Mohammed72 said:

These are JUST three points that made me leave this religion and became a Muslim.

Are you really a Muslim?

You must have identified the "Sirat-e-Mustaqeem". Can you tell me what is it & where is it?

11 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

Are you really a Muslim?

You must have identified the "Sirat-e-Mustaqeem". Can you tell me what is it & where is it?

If you want to follow the straight path just open the Quran and the hadith books.

17 minutes ago, Mohammed72 said:

You can not even compare sunni hadith to shia hadith. Shia firstly don't even a have a isnad for the Quran let alone hadith. They use the sunni one. There ilm ur rijal is all taken from sunnis. According to the writer of wasail as shia there is not even one shia hadith that can be considered sahih. I can provide a scan for those who wish.

WOW! SO COOL. (In other words you have no answers to my question). 

You need to more and more research inshallah you will reach to the truth. That is Islam Taught by MOHHAMAD saw and Ahlebayt as. 

And to clear you shia do not believe in Tahreefe quran and shrik  .

Yes there is great spectrum of views from both sunni and shia's scholars about the methodology of compilation of quran. That some time indicate the concern about tahreef. 

2 minutes ago, Mohammed72 said:

If you want to follow the straight path just open the Quran and the hadith books.

Can you tell what is ultimate objective of this straight path,what is this path and  is there any difference amongst muslim sects. 

21 minutes ago, islam25 said:

You need to more and more research inshallah you will reach to the truth. That is Islam Taught by MOHHAMAD saw and Ahlebayt as. 

And to clear you shia do not believe in Tahreefe quran and shrik  .

Yes there is great spectrum of views from both sunni and shia's scholars about the methodology of compilation of quran. That some time indicate the concern about tahreef. 

It's clear that Shia believe in tahreef. Even Kamal Al-Haydari said there are more narrations about tahreef than about ghadir. Hey you even buried Noori who wrote a book attacking the Quran and said the Quran has some silly verse next to Ali (RA). Another Shia who doesn't know what he is talking about. I am talking about the isnad of the Quran and you start talking about compilation? What do you mean it's clear shias do not believe in shirk? The brother earlier tried to debate about shirk and taswassul while not even knowing what istigatha is.

7 minutes ago, Mohammed72 said:

It says:

Surah Al-Fatiha, Verse 6:

اهْدِنَا الصِّرَاطَ الْمُسْتَقِيمَ

Keep us on the right path.

(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Fatiha, Verse 7:

صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ الْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا الضَّالِّينَ

The path of those upon whom Thou hast bestowed favors. Not (the path) of those upon whom Thy wrath is brought down, nor of those who go astray.

(English - Shakir)

Who are "allathina"? Abu Bakr, Umer & Uthman? 

15 minutes ago, Mohammed72 said:

It's clear that Shia believe in tahreef. Even Kamal Al-Haydari said there are more narrations about tahreef than about ghadir. Hey you even buried Noori who wrote a book attacking the Quran and said the Quran has some silly verse next to Ali (RA). Another Shia who doesn't know what he is talking about. I am talking about the isnad of the Quran and you start talking about compilation? What do you mean it's clear shias do not believe in shirk? The brother earlier tried to debate about shirk and taswassul while not even knowing what istigatha is.

Mr.That is why I told you do research. I do not deny that some shia scholars do or say something that indicate shrik. 

Still you have enough time research. 

There is no place for shrik in shia islam. 

Actually you interested to post only those that indicate shia do shrik and not willing to do research what most scholars believe in concensus. 

2 minutes ago, islam25 said:

Can you tell what is ultimate objective of this straight path,what is this path and  is there any difference amongst muslim sects. 

I don't mind but I was the one asking questions but it seems there are no answers.

51:56 And I (Allah) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone).

15:99 And worship your Lord until there comes unto you the certainty (i.e. death)

The path of the Quran and the Prophet.

There are many differences.

1 minute ago, Salsabeel said:

It says:

Surah Al-Fatiha, Verse 6:

اهْدِنَا الصِّرَاطَ الْمُسْتَقِيمَ

Keep us on the right path.

(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Fatiha, Verse 7:

صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ الْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا الضَّالِّينَ

The path of those upon whom Thou hast bestowed favors. Not (the path) of those upon whom Thy wrath is brought down, nor of those who go astray.

(English - Shakir)

Who are "allathina"? Abu Bakr, Umer & Uthman? 

4:69 And whoso obeys Allah and the Messenger (Muhammad SAW), then they will be in the company of those on whom Allah has bestowed His Grace, of the Prophets, the Siddiqun, the martyrs, and the righteous. And how excellent these companions are!

So yeah people like the companions (RA).