Mohammed72

Why I became Muslim (Sunni)

Rate this topic

12 hours ago, Munzir Ahmed said:

It was said due to his contribution in battle of trench not because of his attachment to ahlebayt. At that time some said he is from ansaar and others said from muhajirun. This was the context. As for the attachment is concerned then many other sahabah too were very close to ahlebayt. Like Ammar bin Yasir, Abu Dhar Ghafari, Miqdad. Or can we say they were not attached to ahelabyt since Prophet saw did not call them as ahlebayt. Makes no sense.

The Prophet (saw) said "Salman is from us Ahlul-Bayt". This does not necessarily mean that "Salman is one of us Ahlul-Bayt". The Arabic word "min” has different meanings. "min” does not mean "one of" in the narration of the Prophet (saw). For instance, when the Prophet (saw) said to Imam Ali (as) "You are from me, and I am from you" (أنت مني و أنا منك), There is no mention of Ahlulbayt here. So if we suppose that the only meaning of "min" is "one of", then the saying of the Prophet will become "Ali is one of me and I am one of Ali". Nice translation there, how many persons is the Prophet now?

Also, I'm not sure why you're taking the narration too literally then justifying that anyone can be from the Ahlulbayt. It's clear that the Ahlulbayt consist of only the household of the Prophet and no one else. There names (the 12 imams) have been mentioned countless times in hadiths.

For both cases only 4 were present there. And this is still applicable since they havnt returned to the pond yet. And the debates like who was on truth or with the Quran in battles are still going on with enemies of ahlebayt and will remain till the end of time. Just like the debate of Mamun. Neither Imam said its for 12 people nor he said I am also part of it. Rather he refered back to 4 members of ahlebayt and mentioned their merits.

I already told you the verse is not just referring to these 3 individuals but to all 12 of them. Being alive at the time of the verse and the hadith of the Prophet does not mean it only refers to them only. The Quran and the hadith said 'ahlulbayt', and I gave you ahadith proving who the members of the ahlulbayt are and how many they are. Whether you want to take Shi'a narrations as hujjah or not is up to you.

What makes you say they haven't returned to the pond yet?

This report just mentions the ayah but do not prove that 33:33 means infallibility.

That hadith was not for proving the infallibility but to prove that ahlulbayt is not limited to only 3 imams. I gave you other narrations already proving 33:33 means infallibility. 

And what you mean by thorough purification? Does it mean now ahlebayt can stop performing wudhu and ghusul?

Wudhu and Ghusl are 'ibadah (worship), it has nothing to do with cleanliness. Thorough purification means being purified a perfect purification, in other words being sinless as proven from numerous narrations.

First hadith seems like a definition of prophet.

What? please elaborate...

This contradicts with Imam Ali Redha's answer to Mamun. Imam Ali Redha had no knwoledge about the names or number. Strange. When it comes to practical scenarios then such fabricated reports were never used by any. Thus many sects emerged just because people were unaware about the predetermined list of Imams. Even in above hadith names are missing, only those are mentioned who were physically present there plus Imam Mahdi as there were already hundreds of ahadith on his coming from prophet saw.

How do you know Imam Reda (as) had no knowledge? Just because he never mentioned the names or number in this particular hadith you just assume he had no knowledge? That's a logical fallacy right there. Mamun asked him a simple question and Imam Reda (as) answered him without going into too much details. Other imams have already mentioned the 12 imams name by name, so your argument is illogical. 

My father (ra) said: Told us `Alī bin Ibrāhīm, from his father, from Ibn Abī `Umair, from someone who reported it from Abi ‘Abdullāh (عليه السلام):

This is how you can fabricate a report. And from Tafsir Qummi, another book of fabrication. Rejected by many top shia scholars.

Content is also problematic.

You know that there are multiple Isnads for this hadith, and not from Tafsir Qummi. I'll show you the same hadith with a different sanad:

In `Ilal ash-Shara'i`: By its isnad to Ibn Abi `Umayr from whom he narrated from from Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام.

He said: When Abi Bakr prevented Fatima عليها السلام from Fadak, Amir al-Mu'mineen عليه السلام came to the mosque, and Abu Bakr was sitting with the Muhajireen and the Ansar around him. So he said: O Abi Bakr! Why did you prevent Fatima from what the Messenger of Allah الله عليه وآله entrusted with her years ago? O Abi Bakr! Do you recite the Quran? He said: Of course. He said: So tell me about the saying of Allah عز وجل, "Surely, Allah only wants to remove uncleanliness from you, O Ahl al-Bayt, and purify you with a thorough purification" (33:33) - was it revealed regarding us, or other than us? He said: Regarding you. He said: So inform me, if Muslim witnesses were to accuse Fatima عليها السلام of lewdness, what would you do? He said: I would punish her just as I would push other Muslim women. He said: Then to Allah, you would be of the disbelievers. He said: Why? He said: Because you would have rejected the testimony of Allah and accepted the testimony of other than Him, because Allah عز وجل testified of her purity. Thus, if you reject the testimony of Allah and accept the testimony of other than Him, then to Allah, you would be of the disbelievers. So the people wept, dispersed, and grumbled.

Not a fabrication at all, it's the truth. You just don't want to believe it.

"He was al-Khidr عليه السلام "

Again a disputed personality. This reminds me of 2nd hadith from 40 ahadith Nawawi. Exact copy.

Disputed personality, maybe, but that doesn't make the hadith any less authentic. The chain is what matters, and there are many hadiths with different chains that mention all 12 imams.

Brother show me somthing reliable from reliable books. Where are author's comments for this report? He must have commented something.

Sheikh Sulayman Balkhi Hanafi is a reliable person. Read this here for full detail about him and his works: http://www.shiapen.com/biographies/suleman-al-hanafi.html

Thus Me and my Ahlul-Bayt are clear from sins.

This line is from Tirmidhi? Show full hadith with reference.

Imam Suyuti narrates:

وأخرج الترمذي وصححه وابن جرير وابن المنذر والحاكم وصححه وابن مردويه والبيهقي في سننه من طرق عن أم سلمة رضي الله عنها قالت:
في بيتي نزلت { إنما يريد الله ليذهب عنكم الرجس أهل البيت } وفي البيت فاطمة، وعلي، والحسن، والحسين. فجللهم رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم بكساء كان عليه، ثم قال " هؤلاء أهل بيتي فاذهب عنهم الرجس، وطهرهم تطهيراً "

Translation: It is narrated by Imam Tirimdhi and he declared it “SAHIH”.. Imam Ibn Jarir, Ibn Mundhir and Imam Hakim who also declared it “SAHIH” plus Imam Ibn Murduya and Baihaqi in his Sunnan narrate from the route of Umm Salama (ra) who said:

This ayah was revealed in my house when in the house were present Fatima, Ali, Hassan and Hussain (Ridhwan Allaho Ajmain). The Prophet (Peace be upon him) covered them in his own cloak and then said: (O Allah) these are my Ahlul Bayt, remove all abomination from them and make them pure and spotless [Tafsir Dur ul Munthur, Volume No. 5, Page No. 563]

عن عمر بن أبي سلمة ربيب النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال: لما نزلت هذه الآية على النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم
(إِنَّمَا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيُذْهِبَ عَنكُمُ الرِّجْسَ أَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ وَيُطَهِّرَكُمْ تَطْهِيرًا) في بيت أم سلمة، فدعا فاطمة و حسنا و حسينا
رضي الله عنهم فجللهم بكساء وعلي خلف ظهره فجلله بكساء، ثم قال: اللهم! هؤلاء أهل بيتي فأذهب عنهم الرجس
وطهرهم تطهيرا

Umar bin Abi Salamah (RA) who was brought up by the Prophet (SAW) narrates that when the verse, “Allah only desires to keep away (all kinds of) impurity from you, O ‘people of the house!’ (the Prophet’s family) and to totally purify you,” (al-Ahzab 33:33), was revealed to the Holy Prophet (SAW) at the home of Umm Salamah (رضي الله عنها), he (SAW) called Fatimah (سلام اللہ علیھا), Hasan (RA) and Husain (RA) and covered them with a cloak. Ali(كرم الله وجهه) was behind him (SAW), the Holy Prophet (SAW) also covered him under the same cloak and then said, “Oh Allah! These are my ahl-ul-bait (‘people of the house’) so keep impurity away from them and totally purify them.”

References

►Tirmidhi, al-Jami-us-sahih (5:351,663#3205,3787)

►Ahmad bin Hambal, al-Musnad (6:292)

►Ahmad bin Hambal, Fadail-us-sahabah (2:587#994)

►Bayhaqi related it with slightly different words in as-sunan-ul-kubra (2:150).

►Hakim, al-Mustadrak (2:451#3558)

►Hakim, al-Mustadrak (3:158#4705)

►Tabarani, al-Mujam-ul-kabir (3:54#2662)

►Tabarani, al-Mujam-ul-kabir (9:25#8295)

►Tabarani, al-Mujam-ul-awsat (4:134#3799)

►Baihaqi, al-Itiqad (p.327)

http://www.ahlus-sunna.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=121