Zavon

why do we say Alhamdullilahi RabilAlimeen ??

Rate this topic

Why do shias say "Alhamdullilahi Rabil'alimeen" after surah fatihah in every prayer?? Why and where, and how did this mustahab tradition came to?

Edited by Zavon

Bismillah

The reason we dont do it is that when we read surah Fatiha in prayers, we do not read it as a dua. Look at the verse "guide us to the right path, the path of those on whom you showered your blessings". Literally speaking, this verse appears to be a dua which indicates that we are not guided yet, (hence why sunnis say ameen) and we are asking Allah to guide us (as we are misguided). However, this cannot be true, because we know that Allah has already guided us and we are Alhumdolillah shias and true muslims. The actual meaning of this verse is that we declare that we shall remain steadfast on this path and not that we be guided towards it, because we are already on this path. Hence, this is not a dua - it is our declaration. This is why at the end of surah fatiha, we read Alhumdolilah hi rab il alameen (we praise Allah because He has already guided us). As this is not a dua, therefore saying Amin holds no value and is forbidden because it would make the surah a dua, instead of a declaration.

On 8/23/2017 at 8:08 PM, Ron_Burgundy said:

Bismillah

The reason we dont do it is that when we read surah Fatiha in prayers, we do not read it as a dua. Look at the verse "guide us to the right path, the path of those on whom you showered your blessings". Literally speaking, this verse appears to be a dua which indicates that we are not guided yet, (hence why sunnis say ameen) and we are asking Allah to guide us (as we are misguided). However, this cannot be true, because we know that Allah has already guided us and we are Alhumdolillah shias and true muslims. The actual meaning of this verse is that we declare that we shall remain steadfast on this path and not that we be guided towards it, because we are already on this path. Hence, this is not a dua - it is our declaration. This is why at the end of surah fatiha, we read Alhumdolilah hi rab il alameen (we praise Allah because He has already guided us). As this is not a dua, therefore saying Amin holds no value and is forbidden because it would make the surah a dua, instead of a declaration.

Mind it brother, but from my limited perception, your proposition only declares that it is not okay to say Amin because it is not a dua. But in no way I can take that argument to be true when saying Alhamdullilahi Rabill'alemeen.

Because if it is, then would it not mean that we are allowed to say extra words during/ after the recitation of the Fatihah and other surahs? Would it not imply that we can talk with others considering that you said it is okay to say Alhamdullilahi rabill'alemeen.

Yes, it is a declaration as you said, but what gives it the permissibility to be spoken after prayers? I am unable to understand as you did not provide any bases on why it is OKAY to say it as a declaration.

Jazak Allah Khair Akhi.