Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Al-khidr a.s and Prophet Idris a.s

Rate this question

Question

Guest Guest

asalam o aleykum,

Was Al-khidr prophet? Is he still alive?

Is prophet Idris still alive? how did he die?

What about the companions of the cave, are they alive?

Is there anyone else of importance being alive that i have not mentioned except for Imam Al Mahdi a.s and Prophet Isa a.s

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Is prophet Idris still alive? how did he die?

It is related from Imam Ja‘far as-Sadiq that an angel was under the wrath of Allah and his hair and wings were cut off and he was lying on an island for a long time. When Allah appointed Idris, that angel came to Idris and requested him to pray from him so that Allah may be pleased with him and return his hair and wings. Prophet Idris prayed for him and Allah restored his hair and wings. The angel asked Idris, “Do you wish anything from me?” Idris said, “Yes, I wish that you take me up to the heavens so that I can see the Angel of Death. Because thinking of him I cannot live without fear. The angel took the Prophet to the 4th heaven on his wings. There he saw the Angel of Death sitting, moving his head in a peculiar way. Idris saluted him and asked him the cause for turning his head in that manner. The Angel of Death replied, “Allah has ordered me to take your soul between the 4th and 5th heaven.” Idris pleaded, “O Allah! How is it possible when the distance up to the 4th heaven is 500 years of travel and the distance between the 4th and 5th heaven is another 500 years of travel? “This is the distance between one heaven and another.” saying this, the Angel of Death took away his soul. These are the words of Allah, which means

“And we raised him high in heaven” (19:57)

Was Al-khidr prophet? Is he still alive?

It should be noted that the Quran hasn’t clearly mentioned the name of Khidhr, yet he has been referred to as “One of Our servants whom We had granted a grace from Ourselves, and taught him a knowledge from Our own” [1] (which indicates his high degree of servitude and exceptional knowledge) and the teacher of Prophet Musa (pbuh). This high character that the Quran speaks of has been introduced as Khidhr in many hadiths.

He was a divine scholar whom Allah (s) had bestowed His special grace and mercy upon, was responsible for some of the inner matters of this world, knew some of the world’s secrets and was a teacher to Prophet Musa (pbuh) in some respects, although Prophet Musa (pbuh) was higher than him in others.

Some hadiths and verses of the Quran imply that he was a prophet and messenger of Allah (s) to his tribe and people, to invite them to tawhid (the oneness of God) and accepting Allah’s (s) prophets and the divine books. His miracle was that whenever desired, he could revive any dead and dry branch or dry and barren land, making it green again, thus being given the title “Khidhr”. His real name is Talya ibn Malekan ibn Aber ibn Arafkhshad (ارفخشد) ibn Sam ibn Nuh.

As for the prolonged life of this prophet, we would like to draw your attention to a hadith from Imam Sadiq (as): “…“…As for the servant of Allah (s) Khidr, Allah (s) extended his life, but not because of his prophetic mission, nor in order to reveal a book onto him, nor to nullify through him, the religion of the past prophets, nor for him to become leader to a nation following him, nor for the obedience that Allah (s)had made obligatory upon him, but He (Allah (s)) extended his life because He had chosen to lengthen the occultation of the Qa’im (Imam Mahdi (as)) and knew that some of the people would begin doubting about him as a result, so He lengthened the life of this good servant of His in order for it to be reason for accepting the long life of the Qa’im and so that his life would be compared with the imam’s, rejecting the objection and criticism of the enemies and the bad-minded. [2]

He is, without a doubt, still alive and is currently more than six thousand years old [3].

[1] Kahf:65-70.

[2] Kamaluddin, vol. 3, pg. 357; Biharul-Anwar, vol. 51, pg. 222.

[3] Yawmul-Khalas, pg. 157.

What about the companions of the cave, are they alive?

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

When the people of the town found one of the ashab ul kahf in the market who went there to buy food they wanted to know who he was. He told them their story. They went with him to the cave. The man went inside in advance and informed his comrades that the emperor with his scholars is coming to see them. They fell prostrate before Allah and prayed that the sleep might come over them again. So when the royal entourage came in they were asleep. They decided to build a masjid over them. The act of giving recognition to the men of God has been appreciated by the Quran. To build a masjid over the graves of men of God or to treat the place where they are buried as a place of worship of Allah is permissible according to verse 21. On this basis the tawaf of hajr of Ismail, known as hajr al aswad, close to the Ka-bah, is obligatory during the performance of hajj. 

So i guess they are dead. 

Is there anyone else of importance being alive that i have not mentioned except for Imam Al Mahdi a.s and Prophet Isa a.s

Hazrat Khidr only. 

Some people do say Hazrat Idris but i found this of al-islam

In a tradition from Amir al-Mu’minin it is narrated that after the death of Idris Allah raised him to an elevated position and sustained him with the bounties of heaven

Guest Guest

Thanks alot brother,

6 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

It is related from Imam Ja‘far as-Sadiq that an angel was under the wrath of Allah and his hair and wings were cut off and he was lying on an island for a long time

i thought that angels couldn't sin.

15 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Thanks alot brother,

i thought that angels couldn't sin.

Well I had a same understanding brother but i got this from al-islam they have provided citations for the writing. however, I do know there are many different story how angel became friend of Prophet Idris in the end we all know he took him to 4th sky and he died there. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• The faces tell the truth, right have enjoyed and peaceful smile on their faces while those on the left have shaky faces with the hands on the light that certainly it is not the light of peace or  truth.
    • Thanks for your response just in a logical manner this means if your supposition is true that you are saying your prayers all of the prayers making the face towards black clothed Kaaba and these will all be  makrooh then? No my brother this supposition is not true.I do not consider it makrooh in any manner. wasalam
    • 30- I heard God’s Prophet (MGB) say, ‘My nation will be resurrected and become united on the Resurrection Day with five flags. The first flag which will come will be the flag of Muawiyah who is the Pharaoh of my nation. The second flag will be that of Amr ibn al-A'as who is the Sameri of the nation. The third flag will be that of Abu Musa Ash’ari who is like the Catholic Archbishop (Al-Jaseliq) of this nation. The fourth flag will be that of Abil A’oar al-Salmy. Yours will be the fifth flag under which all the believers will be gathered while you are their Leader. Then the Blessed the Sublime will tell those four groups: ‘Turn back and seek brightness.’ Then a wall will be erected in front of them which has a door. In it there is mercy who are my friends and followers. Then those who fought me along with the Kharajites , those who broke their pledge and the people misled from the straight path will knock at that door - that is the door of mercy being my followers. They will cry out, ‘Were we not we with you?’ They will reply, ‘Yes, you were. However, you deceived yourselves, you were hindered, you doubted and worldly aspirations deceived you until God's order (i.e. death) arrived and pride (i.e. Satan) deceived you. Today nothing will be accepted of you as recompense.’ Nothing will be accepted of those who rejected faith, either. Your place shall be in the Fire. It will be the place you shall turn to. What a bad destiny that is! Then my nation and my followers will come to drink and they get satiated from Muhammad's (MGB) Heavenly Pool . A cane will be in my hand made of boxthorn wood with which I drive God's enemies away just as people push others’ camels away from drinking water. 31- Indeed I heard God’s Prophet (MGB) say, “Were it not from the fear of what the Boasters might say about you similar to what the Christians say about Jesus -the son of Mary (MGB), I would have expressed one of your virtues and then anyone who passed by you would take a piece of the dirt from under your feet for healing.” 32- Indeed I heard God’s Prophet (MGB) say, “The Blessed the Sublime God helped me regarding fear of enemies. I asked God to help you in the same way in this regard.” 33- God’s Prophet (MGB) put his head to my ear and taught me whatever has been and whatever there will be up until the Resurrection Day. The Honorable the Exalted God has let me hear this from His Prophet’s (MGB) tongue. 34- When the Christians challenged the Prophet (MGB), the Honorable the Exalted God revealed the following in this regard, ‘If anyone disputes in this matter with thee, now after (full) knowledge Hath come to thee, say: "Come! let us gather together,- our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves: Then let us earnestly pray, and invoke the curse of Allah on those who lie!’[3:61] Here ‘ourselves’ referred to me as self of God’s Prophet (MGB) , ‘our women’ referred to Fatimah (MGB), ‘our sons’ referred to Al-Hassan (MGB) and Al-Hussein (MGB). Then the Christians felt sorry and asked God’s Prophet (MGB) to forgive them and he (MGB) forgave them. I swear by Him who revealed the Torah to Moses (MGB), and the Quran to  Muhammad (MGB) that they would have all been transmuted into monkeys and pigs, if they had engaged in invocation with us.” (To be continued.........)
    • Happy Thanksgiving!  Hope it’s a great one! (Mine is crap because I’m working today.)