Where are you on the Global BMI scale: 

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-18770328

My results:

BMI: 19.9

On the second link (the picture):

IMG_4654.PNG

Edited by Islandsandmirrors

1 hour ago, AfricanShia said:

Apparently my bmi is 18.0 which is underweight for a 16year old but that doesnt make sense because im like 135+ lbs. 

How tall are you? 

31 minutes ago, AfricanShia said:

5'11. I might be a bit taller. 

If you are taller than 5'11 and 135 pounds, then you are slightly underweight, but it's nothing a little protein won't fix. 

1 minute ago, Pearl178 said:

@Islandsandmirrors my height is 158 cm. Not sure what's that equivalent to. 

158 cm is 5'2. :) I believe there is a metric calculator on the site (the tab right next to it) if needed.

4 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

Apparently my bmi is 18.0 which is underweight for a 16year old but that doesnt make sense because im like 135+ lbs. 

For a 16 year old, that is right about average- maybe even heavier than many of your classmates. You'll gain several dozen pounds in the next few years without ever working out. 

BMI is nice in that it's easy to calculate, but as a measure of health, it's imperfect. Most jacked people you meet are likely to have astronomical BMIs- for example my high school biology intern had an "obese" BMI of like 34, even though he was 6'6" star university quarterback who could've probably powerlifted competitively.

Mine came out to almost 21 (a lot lower than I want it to be).

4 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

Sounds underweight to me. I'm 5 foot 8, when I was 16 I weighed around 155 pounds, and I was average among my schoolmates (23.6 BMI), and I wasn't really lifting weights yet. You're 3 inches taller and 20 pounds less. You'll definitely gain more weight in the next few years though (bone density, muscle, fat), and granted I hit puberty really early. In your position I would take more proteins and start going to the weight gym. Your weight is fine overall.

14 minutes ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

BMI is nice in that it's easy to calculate, but as a measure of health, it's imperfect. Most jacked people you meet are likely to have astronomical BMIs- for example my high school biology intern had an "obese" BMI of like 34, even though he was 6'6" star university quarterback who could've probably powerlifted competitively.

This is very true. BMI does not work at all if you're jacked. I would say it's a good measure for non bodybuilders.

By the way, if anyone here is underweight and planning to go the gym soon, please stay as far away from treadmills as possible. Doing cardio while trying to gain weight is like shooting yourself in the foot, unless you're prepared to drastically change your diet.