Jump to content
realizm

Jehovah Witnesses knock at your door...

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

My mom always engages in discussions with them since they're ignorant to what Islam really is and teaches. The first time they came to our house my mom spoke to them, and they were impressed by how she described Islam to them and what we think of Jesus (as) and his mother Mariam (as). Ever since that day the same Jehovah Witness (two ladies) would always return to visit her so they can chat more about religion, Islam mostly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, realizm said:

:salam:

...What do you do ?

I personally engage in discussions with them : the Bible, the history of their sect born in NYC, invite them to read Quran.

At first i used to discuss with them but they didnt really listen they just talked about their own thing, but most of the things we agreed on (eg the return of christ). BUT THEY COME EVERY SINGLE DAY IT IS SO ANNOYING. I actually hide from them now. They are like spongebob. Clingy and annoying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mostly avoid them tbh. If they are outside of an Islamic event (which happens here sometimes), I take as much of their Arabic literature as I could, and I throw it out when they're not looking. That way, others are not misguided by them. All Jehovas Witnesses are expected to do missionary work, and they mainly attract those that are very desperate. They also have the lowest religious retention rate in America, meaning most people raised as Jehovas Witnesses end up leaving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

They have given up on our family. They now only come for socializing and the food.

You're lucky the ones i have are so persistent. Legit once i didn't open the door they stood there FIFTEEN MINUTES STRAIGHT. Im pretty sure they have hired white jehovah witness people to trick me into opening the door because they're usually black  (plz no one get offended i'm just joking)

i think they think i'm really vulnerable or something and need help lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where I used to live, various denominations of Christians came to my door all the time. I respect what they're doing, they're just following their beliefs, but in my experience there's no benefit to trying to discuss with them: they don't listen, they only talk and wait to talk more. 

I thank them for their willingness to share, and then tell them that I'm quite comfortable with my beliefs and wouldn't want to waste their time. If they persist after that, I admit that I really don't want to waste my time, and then I say "goodbye" and close the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Afsaneh14 said:

At first i used to discuss with them but they didnt really listen they just talked about their own thing, but most of the things we agreed on (eg the return of christ). BUT THEY COME EVERY SINGLE DAY IT IS SO ANNOYING. I actually hide from them now. They are like spongebob. Clingy and annoying

Are they the same coming back each day ?

 

1 hour ago, Qa'im said:

I mostly avoid them tbh. If they are outside of an Islamic event (which happens here sometimes), I take as much of their Arabic literature as I could, and I throw it out when they're not looking. That way, others are not misguided by them. All Jehovas Witnesses are expected to do missionary work, and they mainly attract those that are very desperate. They also have the lowest religious retention rate in America, meaning most people raised as Jehovas Witnesses end up leaving.

Smart move. I have never seen them preaching outside islamic events. Admit their bravery though.

And a reason for the low retention rate is that they easily use takfir amongst their community. A person who commits a sin can be excommuniated, so many of them feel deluded after giving many years of their lives to the cause.

10 minutes ago, notme said:

Where I used to live, various denominations of Christians came to my door all the time. I respect what they're doing, they're just following their beliefs, but in my experience there's no benefit to trying to discuss with them: they don't listen, they only talk and wait to talk more. 

True, and when you start holding a serious speech you see they start getting a bit nervous. 

Edited by realizm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@realizm @notme @Sayyid_Al_Alawi @ali_fatheroforphans @Afsaneh14 @Kazemi @Qa'im,

I tell them to beat it, put me on a "no-contact list", I have no time for their cult and if they come back, I will call the cops for harassment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, realizm said:

re they the same coming back each day ?

There is usually this one old guy but he brings new people with him i think they are like students. He makes them do all the talking and stands back himself

I live in am area where there are loads of Gangs and misguided youth so im assuming they try to target them. They must have thought i am one and think they are going to convert me ASTAGHFIRULLAH hahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, realizm said:
7 hours ago, Afsaneh14 said:

At first i used to discuss with them but they didnt really listen they just talked about their own thing, but most of the things we agreed on (eg the return of christ). BUT THEY COME EVERY SINGLE DAY IT IS SO ANNOYING. I actually hide from them now. They are like spongebob. Clingy and annoying

Are they the same coming back each day ?

 

6 hours ago, Qa'im said:

I mostly avoid them tbh. If they are outside of an Islamic event (which happens here sometimes), I take as much of their Arabic literature as I could, and I throw it out when they're not looking. That way, others are not misguided by them. All Jehovas Witnesses are expected to do missionary work, and they mainly attract those that are very desperate. They also have the lowest religious retention rate in America, meaning most people raised as Jehovas Witnesses end up leaving.

Smart move. I have never seen them preaching outside islamic events. Admit their bravery though.

And a reason for the low retention rate is that they easily use takfir amongst their community. A person who commits a sin can be excommuniated, so many of them feel deluded after giving many years of their lives to the cause.

5 hours ago, notme said:

Where I used to live, various denominations of Christians came to my door all the time. I respect what they're doing, they're just following their beliefs, but in my experience there's no benefit to trying to discuss with them: they don't listen, they only talk and wait to talk more. 

True, and when you start holding a serious speech you see they start getting a bit nervous. 

Lol you can just see their grip crumpling that cheap paper printout of watchtower in their shaky hands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's good that activities like door knocking are not part of the Muslim tradition. You promote and explain the faith through action in everyday life. That's much more effective, more respectful, and less demeaning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Reza said:

It's good that activities like door knocking are not part of the Muslim tradition. You promote and explain the faith through action in everyday life. That's much more effective, more respectful, and less demeaning. 

I know no one likes them everyone finds them so irritating. Alhumdulillah, our religion doesn'e expect us to harass people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

    • Did anyone in the Uk watch the show The Truth About Muslim Marriages (that could also have been called why women have no brain) Thoughts?  
    • Kurds is now no more an option. The situation is very unstable for KSA as The upcoming king has vowed to changed the axis of economy from Oil to other sectors. His Modern version of KSA will receive huge blows from Wahhabi doctrine "scholars" sitting in there but will be praised by the youths who account 2/3rd of the population. This in itself is not easy to handle for MBS. Next is External relations, KSA is trying to settle for a Peace treatment with Israel for Palestine. The treaty leaked stated a point where it was clearly mentioned that Jerusalem will be open to both the parties and thus this again will face a huge criticism from Wahhabi "scholars". Israel will most likely try to push its vassal state - US to go on an unwanted war with Iran. KSA will try to isolate Hizbollah and Lebanon. But by Gods Will all their plans will again be dead as it has happened since 2006. They thought of - 1. Sending Takfiris to Syria and Iraq and create Middle eastern Chaos and then find it as an excuse to set up "Security centers" for the "protection" of civilians. 2. They tried to do same with Lebanon but failed there too.  
    • they are the future. Car will sending signals to each other so less tailgating.     
    • My God is Ar Rahmaan <3 I'll never loose hope in His Mercy.
×