Jump to content
sidnaq

I love airports

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

i love the look of it, the rush of it, the feeling that this is a place of great improtance, the feeling of flying somewhere, the malls and shopping areas even.What do you love about the airport?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Airports are good for malls & shopping areas but...Other then that i just be asleep & wait for my next flight lol and hope i don't miss it.

Edited by SeyedMoAbbas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watch people come and go, almost stare at them. So many nationalities, so many faces, so many personalities, so many ways to dress up. It's quite fascinating to see so many different people from all over the world in transit, like a microcosm of life on the go.

My long layovers are never boring as long as the airport is a cosmopolitan one and not some tiny hole in some God forsaken city!

 

Edited by Marbles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

omg I agree so much. I love the airport. Its just..... I don't know how to describe it but I feel like I was born for the airport.

I would love to find a student job there when I go for uni, because obviously I'll be in Toronto.

@Ron_Burgundy you ever had a bad airport experience?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

omg I agree so much. I love the airport. Its just..... I don't know how to describe it but I feel like I was born for the airport.

I would love to find a student job there when I go for uni, because obviously I'll be in Toronto.

@Ron_Burgundy you ever had a bad airport experience?

Yep yep i agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SeyedMoAbbas said:

Airports are good for malls & shopping areas but...Other then that i just be asleep & wait for my next flight lol and hope i don't miss it.

Haha yeah?thats awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

omg I agree so much. I love the airport. Its just..... I don't know how to describe it but I feel like I was born for the airport.

I defs agree. Going to the airport takes me back in time :)

The smell, the vibes, the coffee..... everything about it is just like heaven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to lead Jumua prayers in an airport. Maybe Tehran or Mashhad airports have openings. Or any job really would be nice. Some airports even have gyms, which is a good way to spend your time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to lead Jumua prayers in an airport. Maybe Tehran or Mashhad airports have openings. Or any job really would be nice. Some airports even have gyms, which is a good way to spend your time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

Airports are some kind of plot. The designers plotted my arrival at one end of the airport and plotted my departure/connection at the other end.

Worst thing is when they plot a missed flight.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of airports are now heavily invested in offering quality services to passengers and making their transit comfortable. I happen to have had transits at a lot of Middle East airports and I've really come to enjoy airports that are kind to their passengers (and cognizant of the fact that travelling is a tiring and unpleasant experience for many who are forced to do it for work and/or family). I think they also carry an enormous responsibility of representing their countries/cities for the short duration that passengers stay there. Abu Dhabi and Doha are probably at the top of my list of favourite Middle East airports. Muscat was also surprisingly serene. Riyadh inaugurated a very impressive domestic airport recently. Dubai has become too crowded with multiple airlines using it as a transit destination. I recently had a 4-hour transit at Sharjah airport and it was terrible. It smelled, the WiFi wasn't complimentary and I couldn't find a place to sit. Air Arabia is pennies on the dollar so I guess this is where they make their cuts lol. 

Salam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Basim Ali said:

A lot of airports are now heavily invested in offering quality services to passengers and making their transit comfortable. I happen to have had transits at a lot of Middle East airports and I've really come to enjoy airports that are kind to their passengers (and cognizant of the fact that travelling is a tiring and unpleasant experience for many who are forced to do it for work and/or family). I think they also carry an enormous responsibility of representing their countries/cities for the short duration that passengers stay there. Abu Dhabi and Doha are probably at the top of my list of favourite Middle East airports. Muscat was also surprisingly serene. Riyadh inaugurated a very impressive domestic airport recently. Dubai has become too crowded with multiple airlines using it as a transit destination. I recently had a 4-hour transit at Sharjah airport and it was terrible. It smelled, the WiFi wasn't complimentary and I couldn't find a place to sit. Air Arabia is pennies on the dollar so I guess this is where they make their cuts lol. 

Salam

Sharjah is perhaps the most pathetic airport in the Middle East. Air Arabia has rapidly expanded in recent years and now offers relatively cheap flights to many holiday destinations. They need to upgrade the airport to reflect that change. But nothing so far.

My family had a short layover at Sharjah en route to Najaf and vowed never to fly the airline again for its pathetic hub.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Airports too!

I've been working in the Barcelona airport for more than a year and don't get tired of it!

If someone from here is ever travelling through the Barcelona airport, message me and could give you access to the VIP lounge! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×