Afsaneh14

muslim guidance in London

salam guys. i will try and summarise the situation real quick, i have already posted the issue on the social forum

my sister is severely mentally ill, as well as being an alcoholic, a disbeliever and being gay, planning on marrying a girl. i would really like to know if there are any muslim life coaches/counsellors/psychiatrists or whatever who could possibly help. her psychiatrist with the NHS is a lesbian, and is only encouraging her. this is why i would like her to see a muslim, who could possibly help show her the light, or at least help her recover in a halal way

9 hours ago, Afsaneh14 said:

Yes she is 19, will be 20 in September inshaallah

If shes at that age, you should probably just take it slow with her, because the more you try and help them, the further they'll think you're interfering and they'll move in the direction which you are trying to prevent them from moving towards. Basically they will rebel the more you try to help them. I think you should just let go and they find the correct path themselves as they get older and mature. 

Maybe try and spend some time with her, are you both close? Try and distract her but not in a way which she may rebel?

8 hours ago, 2113 said:

If shes at that age, you should probably just take it slow with her, because the more you try and help them, the further they'll think you're interfering and they'll move in the direction which you are trying to prevent them from moving towards. Basically they will rebel the more you try to help them. I think you should just let go and they find the correct path themselves as they get older and mature. 

Maybe try and spend some time with her, are you both close? Try and distract her but not in a way which she may rebel?

Thank you this is very very helpful.

We have never really been too close, until now. I am her only sister, and without me she would either be dead, out on the streets or killed by our brothers. I have spoken tok her. She has finally made a compromise, that she will live under my rules.

The only reason i would really like her to have a muslim guide, is because otherwise she will just be encouraged to openly be homosexual by the services here in the UK

I would recommend you go to one of the Shia centres in London and speak to the religious leaders there about this. I'm sure they will be able to give advice, direct you to someone etc. Islamic centre of England is one such centre. 

I pray that Allah guides your sister to the straight path and eases your situation. Ameen. 

6 hours ago, YAli said:

I would recommend you go to one of the Shia centres in London and speak to the religious leaders there about this. I'm sure they will be able to give advice, direct you to someone etc. Islamic centre of England is one such centre. 

I pray that Allah guides your sister to the straight path and eases your situation. Ameen. 

Jazakaallah. And yes inshaallah i will try and visit one of these centres as soon as possible. I'm a bit nervous as to how the reaction may be though....

3 hours ago, Afsaneh14 said:

Jazakaallah. And yes inshaallah i will try and visit one of these centres as soon as possible. I'm a bit nervous as to how the reaction may be though....

Don't be nervous at all about the reaction. The religious leaders at the centre I mentioned are very helpful, they would not shun you away, they would certainly try advising you and helping you.