Faruk

Sunni/Shia How do you know your sect is on Haqq?

Rate this topic

Salam,

How do you know your sect is on Haqq? And why would you never become a sunni/shia?

The reason why I believe our Shia faith is the truth is because we take our teachings from Ahlulbayt (as).

As Ammar Nakashwani said in a recent interview, our understanding of God, Prophethood, Imamate and so on are based on the teachings of the pure household of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and our Imams (as). We don't care about narrations from fallible beings like Abu Hurairah, Aisha, Umar etc

Imam Jafar Sadiq(as) was the teacher of Abu Hanifa and hardly any Sunni knows about this fact. We are blessed with authorities who are infallible. Any Shia who converts to Sunni Islam is an ungrateful person who is lowering his standards.

Rationality tellls me that Shiite faith is the truth. I am sorry but I would die but not convert to Sunni Islam.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

3 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

The reason why I believe our Shia faith is truth is because we take our teachings from Ahlulbayt (as).

As Ammar Nakashwani said in a recent interview, our understanding of god, prophethood, Imamate and so on are based on the teachings of the pure household of Prophet Muhammad (as) and our Imams (as). We don't care about narrations from fallible beings like Abu Hurairah, Aisha, Umar etc

Imam Jafar Sadiq was the teacher of Abu Hanifa and hardly any Sunni knows about this fact. We are blessed with authorities who are infallible. Any Shia who converts to Sunni Islam is an ungrateful person who is lowering his standards.

Rationality tellls me that Shiite faith is the truth. I am sorry but I would die but not convert to Sunni Islam.

Salam,

Thank you for your sincere reply.

Is there a Quranic verse that gives you as a Shia muslim a confirmation or a boost in your beliefs as a Shia?

And if so would you like to tell us?

There's direct proof from the Quran:

"12 . Indeed Allâh took the covenant from the Children of Israel (Jews), and We appointed twelve leaders among them. And Allâh said: "I am with you if you perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât) and give Zakât and believe in My Messengers; honour and assist them, and lend to Allâh a good loan. Verily, I will remit your sins and admit you to Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise). But if any of you after this, disbelieved, he has indeed gone astray from the Straight Path"

^ Syrah Maidah

(And if that isn't proof I don't know what is.)

Shias believe that Allah can only pick people to be Imams and Prophets. Our belief is exactly in line with what the Quran states.

and of course, Sura 33:33. It just wouldn't make sense for Allah to leave a nation for themselves and has always picked leaders to guide mankind in the form of Imams and prophets. The Ahlulbayt (AS) itself is proof since what they have taught us is exactly in line with the Prophet (AS).

Edited by Islandsandmirrors

40 minutes ago, Faruk said:

Salam,

How do you know your sect is on Haqq? And why would you never become a sunni/shia?

Salaam brother,

The Quran states:

[Shakir 4:59] O you who believe! obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority from among you; then if you quarrel about anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you believe in Allah and the last day; this is better and very good in the end.

As shia, we believe firmly that ultimate authority can come from Allah and no one else. My sunni brothers say that this 'authority' is any ruler. This would mean that we would have obey rulers such as Yazid, Haroun Rashid, etc who were despots. More recently it would mean obeying Saddam or Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi or even Donald Trump for that matter. Allah can never tell us to obey taghut so the authority in this verse is not refering to man-made authority but divine authority. 

Shias believe in this divine authority; sunnis dont. How can someone who openly denies a command be on haqq and how can the people who obey the command to obey not be on haqq.

Similarly, the Quran discusses wilayah of three:

[Shakir 5:55] Only Allah is your Vali and His Messenger and those who believe, those who keep up prayers and pay the poor-rate while they bow.

As shias, we say:

La ilaha illallah
Muhammadur rasulullah
Aliyun WaliAllah

Our belief is in line with the Quranic edict, therefore we are on haqq.

30 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

m sorry but I would die but not convert to Sunni Islam.

I'd rather die than convert to Sunni Islam too. 

31 minutes ago, Faruk said:

Is there a Quranic verse that gives you as a Shia muslim a confirmation or a boost in your beliefs as a Shia?

There are many verses.

1) "O you who believe! obey Allah and obey the Apostle and those in authority from among you."(Quran 4:59)

2) "And hold fast to the covenant of Allah together and be not disunited." (Quran 3:13). 

According to Imam al Baqir (as) the covenant of Allah is the household of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

3) "Allah only desires to keep away uncleanness from you, O people of the house (Ahlulbayt), and to purify you with a thorough purifying". (Quran 33:33)

There are others too, I just listed some.

7 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

3) "Allah only desires to keep away uncleanness from you, O people of the house (Ahlulbayt), and to purify you with a thorough purifying". (Quran 33:33)

I feel this verse is a bit of controversy,can you give some evidences that it isn't refering to the wives of the prophet.

1 hour ago, M.IB said:

I feel this verse is a bit of controversy,can you give some evidences that it isn't refering to the wives of the prophet.

How could it be for his wives, when Aisha herself reports she was not under the cloak, and only Hassan (as) hussein (as) ali (as) Fatima (as) Holy Prophet(pbuhhf) were under the cloak. 

Also : 

The Prophet (S) said: "The Mahdi will be of my family, of the descendants of Fatimah (the Prophet’s daughter).

Sunni references:

• Sunan Abi Dawud, English version, Ch. 36, Tradition #4271 (narrated by Umm Salama, the wife of the Prophet)

• Sunan Ibn Majah, v2, Tradition #4086

• al-Nisa’i and al-Bayhaqi, and others as quoted in:

• al-Sawa’iq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar al-Haythami, Ch. 11, section 1, p249

By the above traditions, the Prophet extended Ahlul-Bayt up to Imam al-Mahdi (as). So Ahlul-Bayt are not just those five, and Imam al-Mahdi is the last member of Ahlul-Bayt, but he was not born at the time of the Prophet so that he could take him into the Cloak as well! Also the messenger of Allah said:

"There shall be twelve Imams/Caliphs/Amirs for my nation"

Sunni references:

• Sahih al-Bukhari, Arabic-English, v9, Tradition #329;

• Sahih Muslim, English version, Chapter DCCLIV, v3, pp 1009-1010, Traditions #4476 --> #4483;

• Sunan Abi Dawud, v2, p421 (three traditions);

• Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v4, p501;

• Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v5, p106;

• Others such as al-Tiyalasi, Ibn al-Athir, etc.

These 12 Imams will cover till the day of resurrection as Sahih Muslim testifies. The last of them is surely Imam al-Mahdi (as) who will appear in the last days and who is also from Ahlul-Bayt as the above tradition specified. There are other traditions in the Sunni collections in which the Prophet (S) has even mentioned the name of all these twelve individuals one by one. (see Yanabi’ al-Mawaddah, by al-Qundoozi al-Hanafi).

Edited by Ya_isa (as)

1 hour ago, M.IB said:

feel this verse is a bit of controversy,can you give some evidences that it isn't refering to the wives of the prophet.

Nah man this is 110% referring to Ahlulbayt(as). There is a book which discusses this verse in detail, like the Arabic grammer etc.  

https://www.al-islam.org/ayat-ut-tatheer-whom-does-purification-verse-refer-dr-hatem-abu-shahba/purification-verse-surat-al

I feel many ignorant people in history have always managed to misinterpret verses to bring down Ahlulbayt(as)'s position.

Sahih Muslim   

A’isha reported: One morning, The messenger of Allah “Allah’s blessing and peace be upon him” went out wearing a striped mantle of a black camel’s hair. Then, Al-Hasan Ibn Ali came, whom he wrapped in it. Then Al-Husain came whom he wrapped in it. Then Fatima came whom he wrapped in it. Then Ali came whom he wrapped in it. Then he recited: “Allah only wishes to remove all abomination from you, ye Members of the Family, and to make you pure and spotless.” (Quran 33:33). The Book of The Merits of the Companions- Sahih Muslim– Book 31, Hadith 5955

Sahih Muslim    

Moreover, when the (following) verse was revealed:” If any one disputes in this matter with thee, now after (full) knowledge hath come to thee, say: come let us gather together, our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves: then let us earnestly pray, and invoke the curse of Allah on those who lie” (Quran 3:61), The Messenger of Allah “Allah’s blessing and peace be upon him” called Ali, (his wife) Fatima, (their sons) Al-Hasan and Al-Husain and said “O Allah! They are my family.” The Book of The Merits of the Companions- Sahih Muslim – Book 31, Hadith 5915

Tawhid of Shia Islam is the purest form of tawhid that you will come across, when compared with Sunni Islam you find that  Sunni form of Tawhid is no different from the  Christians in terms anthropomorphism, many other religions also have this unusual concepts that is unfounded. Therefore, for this reason i cannot brace any other religions that believes in : Allah swt has man like attribution.

Well I try to follow beliefs of the historical followers of Ali ...follow their pledge "We are with you Ali,in war and peace.we are friends of your friends and enemies of your enemies"

And as we know by authentic ahadith respected by both major sects they were the party of Haqq in all their wars  

On 8/17/2017 at 9:43 PM, Faruk said:

Salam,

Waleykum Salaam

I believe Sunnism is on Haqq because it is superior to Shiasm in every Islamic field: the recitation and tafseer of the Quran and other works done related to Quran - the Hadith System, History, spreading Islam etc.

15 minutes ago, Abul Hussain Hassani said:

Waleykum Salaam

I believe Sunnism is on Haqq because it is superior to Shiasm in every Islamic field: the recitation and tafseer of the Quran and other works done related to Quran - the Hadith System, History, spreading Islam etc.

you forgot to mention Sunni superiority in suicide bombings and killing of innocent people across the world.

22 minutes ago, Abul Hussain Hassani said:

Waleykum Salaam

Now provide actual tangible, verifiable evidence to back up your rhetoric.

You can start with , In what aspect of your Religion you actually follow the Qur’an.

55 minutes ago, Abul Hussain Hassani said:

Waleykum Salaam

The foundation of Islam is Tawhid. The concept of tawhid  in Sunnism is flawed, to such an extent that you have given man like attribution to  Allah swt. Therefore, your foundation of so called Islam  has collapsed, 

On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 3:13 AM, Faruk said:

Salam,

Mr.

Just having label of shia sunni or Christian has no value. 

What matters whose doctrinal belief is close to the Tawheed of Allah. The real ones belive is in true Tawheed the more chance of salvation he has. 

On 8/24/2017 at 10:13 AM, Abul Hussain Hassani said:

Waleykum Salaam

Not to be rude, but do you realize how Islam was spread by the Sunni Caliphs? Earlier people who came to Islam were forced to accept Sunni ways of teachings or be stripped of all support and titles and wealth if they supported the Ahlul Bayt (AS).  

Furthermore, how can Sunni Caliphs possibly compare in Deen and character and actions to the teaching of the Imams (AS)? How can you support their killers (Lanat on all of them)? It's one thing to be ignorant of the truth, like the majority of Sunnis are, because they are fed misconceptions about Shiaism, but it's another to claim that historical events that took away the rights of the Ahlul Bayt (AS) was better for Islam. It shows that you don't know much about history. 

And about Sunni Hadiths - there are various contradictory Hadiths in Sunni Islam, and here's a breakdown of them.

http://www.shiapen.com/comprehensive/mutah/sunni-morality.html

Edited by Islandsandmirrors

On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 3:13 AM, Faruk said:

Salam,

There is no sect for pure Tawheed. Who so ever has  belief of True Tawheed he is nearer to Allah and the title of sect carry no weight. 

On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:13 PM, Abul Hussain Hassani said:

because it is superior to Shiasm in every Islamic field: the recitation and tafseer of the Quran and other works done related to Quran - the Hadith System, History, spreading Islam etc.

Hadith System, Ahhhaa I am watching couple of Ahadith in your signatures. Are you sure these are the words of Prophet & Imam Ali (peace & blessings of Allah be upon them)?

On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:13 PM, Abul Hussain Hassani said:

I believe Sunnism is on Haqq

It appears that you possess the furqan, perhaps you can answer my following questions:

Who was on Haqq in the matter related to Fadak? Abu Bakr or Fatima (s.a)
Who was on Haqq in the battle of Jamal? Imam Ali (a.s) or Aisha
Who was on Haqq in battle of Siffin? Imam Ali (a.s) or Muawiya (Laeen)
Who was on Haqq in battle of Karbala? Imam Hussain (a.s) or Yazeed (Laeen)

:bismillah:

:salam:

5 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Not to be rude, but do you realize how Islam was spread by the Sunni Caliphs? Earlier people who came to Islam were forced to accept Sunni ways of teachings or be stripped of all support and titles and wealth if they supported the Ahlul Bayt (AS).  

Furthermore, how can Sunni Caliphs possibly compare in Deen and character and actions to the teaching of the Imams (AS)? How can you support their killers (Lanat on all of them)? It's one thing to be ignorant of the truth, like the majority of Sunnis are, because they are fed misconceptions about Shiaism, but it's another to claim that historical events that took away the rights of the Ahlul Bayt (AS) was better for Islam. It shows that you don't know much about history. 

Sorry but your first paragraph lacks any evidence.

How did earlier people come to Islam in the first place? Through the very people who are the champions of Islam according to Sunnis and are revered by them but hated in Shiasm.

It also seems you have restricted Ahlulbait to handful of people. FYI Ahlulbait were many - many of them had power and wealth. In fact, many Islamic dynasties were from Ahlulbait. Even the Abbasids who ruled for centuries were from Bani Hashim hence Ahlulbait and many more Islamic Sunni dynasties from Ahlulbait.

"Rights of Ahlulbait were taken away" Yes, some Ahlulbait (many of whom are not even liked in Shiasm) were oppressed, I agree, but not the way you believe.

And about Sunni Hadiths - there are various contradictory Hadiths in Sunni Islam, and here's a breakdown of them.

http://www.shiapen.com/comprehensive/mutah/sunni-morality.html

Response to the above "contradiction":

http://www.twelvershia. net/2015/02/12/prohibition-mutah-marriages/

3 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

Hadith System, Ahhhaa I am watching couple of Ahadith in your signatures. Are you sure these are the words of Prophet & Imam Ali (peace & blessings of Allah be upon them)?

It appears that you possess the furqan, perhaps you can answer my following questions:

Yes, I am 100% certain they were said by the Prophet (saw) and Ali.

Abubakr's judgement was according to the instructions of the Prophet (saw). And please don't mention the so called "Khutba Fadakiya" which is nothing but a fabrication, even doubted by Shia scholars.

Ali was on Haqq in both fitans (civil wars).

And of course Hussain, the leader of youth in paradise, was on Haqq against the oppressive Yazid.

Edited by Abul Hussain Hassani

12 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

Abu Bakr (r.a)

Ali (r.a)

Both Ali and Muawiyah

Hussein (r.a)