Reza

New Feature...Clubs!

Rate this topic

Everyone:

In case you didn't think things were awesome enough, we are delivering yet again. This time, with a new feature called Clubs. 

Clubs are like a site within the site. Somebody forms a club, invites members, and those members get access to special content --- forum topics, image galleries, files, calendars, and blogs within the club page.

As you can see, there are many creative possibilities. A club can be formed around anything. An academic club. A hadith club. A book club. A debate club. A specific interest like weight lifting, sports, cooking. Any profession like doctors, engineers, IT people. A geographic location with info about local events, like a UK club, a Pakistani club. Fans of a certain person, team, or group. A brothers/sisters only club. And the list goes on. 

Clubs can be publicly viewable or private, open or closed, with a range of privacy and access settings. Any member may start a club, but they will have to be approved by a site moderator. They will then bring members into the club. With time, we'll see if regular members can open clubs. 

The rules of conduct pertaining to the rest of the site apply to Clubs as well.  Clubs can have their own leader, and their own appointed moderators among members. However, keep in mind that ShiaChat admins and mods have access to all Clubs, including private ones, even if they're not a member. 

Clubs may be accessed at the top of the Homepage. Soon, activity from current clubs will be accessible from the home page, just like other material is. Club data will also be present on your Activity Monitors and Notifications. 

Two clubs have been formed already, by brothers repenter and Qa'im. Check them out. 

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/clubs/

Due to popular demand, I've created a sisters only club called "Women's fitness, health and happiness" or something like that.  All female members are invited to apply to join.  Note that it might take a little time to approve your membership request. 

Everyone, do you see a "My Clubs" area on the top of your homepage?

This is a description of the clubs ShiaChat offers:

• Public club
    Clubs that anyone can see and participate in without joining.
  • Open club
    Clubs that anyone can see and join.
  • Closed club
    Clubs that anyone can see in the directory, but joining must be approved by a Club Leader or Club Moderator. Non-club-members who view the club will only see the member list - not the recent activity or content areas.

Please join a club! http://www.shiachat.com/forum/clubs/

17 minutes ago, ireallywannaknow said:

:cool: I probably wouldn't contribute much but I would enjoy reading the posts. Btw can it be a DIY/Crafting club because I'd like to see others' crafts too. 

I was thinking it should include crafts too. I just didn't know if there was any interest. 

How about a men's club and a women's club? 

People joining these clubs could discuss gender related issues.

These clubs may be a better option than the Brothers and Sisters forums which we used to have.

Because I remember very clearly that men used to visit the sisters forum.

And perhaps the other way round as well.

In a closed club, sisters will not be members of the mens club and brothers will not be members of the womens club.

So there will be complete privacy.  

Edited by baqar