Faruk

Similarities between sunnism and shiaism

Rate this topic

18 minutes ago, Faruk said:

Salam

Shias follow Sunnah and Ahlulbayt tradition and follow the ways of the Quran. As a side note, Hanafi, Shafi, Hanbali, Maliki are all Sunni schools of thought that came 100-200 years after the life of The Prophet (SAWA). How can I trust those schools of thought when I can follow the ways of the Holy Prophet's family. :)

Both believe 

The Holy Prophet (BUH & HF) mentioned,
“Whomever I am his master, this Ali is his master”

Shia Reference: Usul Kafi, Vol. 1, Pg 290

Sunni Reference: Musnad Ahmad Hanbal, Chapter 39, Pg 297, Hadith 18497

The position of Ali (A.S) amongst the people is like Surat Qul Hu Allahu Ahad in the Qur’an.

Shia Reference: Al-Tirmidhi, 2/299;  Al-Nisa’i, 27;  Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 191.

Sunni Reference: Muslim, 1/48;  Musnad Ahmad, 6/299;

Ali (A.S) holds a right over this nation like the right of a father over his son.

Shia Reference: Al-Tirmidhi, 2/299; Al-Hakim, 3/130;  Al-Nisa’i, 7;  Asad Al-Ghaba, 3/40..

Sunni Reference: Muslim, 2/361;  Musnad Ahmad, 3/198;

Of whomever I was master, Ali (A.S) is his master..

Shia Reference: Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/129;  Kenz Al-Omal, 6/157;  Usul Kafi, Vol. 1, Pg 293; Al-Dilmi.

Sunni Reference: Muslim, 2/361; Musnad Ahmad Hanbal, Chapter 39, Pg 297, Hadith 18497

I am the warner, and the guide after me is Ali (A.S).

Shia Reference: Al-Tirmidhi, 2/135;  Al-Khasa’is of Al-Nisa’I, 20;  Kenz Al-Omal, 1/247; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 222.

Sunni Reference: Musnad Ahmad, 1/151; 

Ali (A.S) is the distinguisher between truth and falsehood.

Shia Reference: Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/132;  Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 92.

Sunni Reference: Musnad Ahmad, 1/331;

Ali (A.S) holds the position of the Kaaba.

Shia Reference: Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/122;  Al-Tabarani, 6/155;  Kenz Al-Omal.

Sunni Reference: Musnad Ahmad, 3/82; 

The most miserable person from the beginning of the world to the end is the murderer of Ali (A.S).

Shia Reference: Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/141; Al-Khasa’is of Al-Nisa’i 39; Al-Tabari, 2/408; Kenz Al-Omal, 5/58.

Sunni Reference: Musnad Ahmad, 4/263;

Embellish your gatherings by mentioning Ali (A.S).

Shia Reference: Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/109; Al-Khasa’is of Al-Nisa’I, 9; 
Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 16; Al-Manaqib of Akhtab Khawarizm, 94; Tarikh Baghdad of Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadi, 8/290; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda.

Sunni Reference: Musnad Ahmad, 4/368, 5/419;

My Lord commanded me to close all the doors except the door of Ali (A.S).

Shia Reference: Al-Khasa’is of Al-Nisa’i, 13; Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/125; Al-Tirmidhi, 13/173; Al-Bayhaqi, 7/65; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 282; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 245; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 126.]
Sunni Reference: Musnad Ahmad, 4/369;

There is a tree in Paradise called Tuba. Its roots are in the house of Ali, and its branch is Ali (A.S).

Shia Reference: Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/109; Al-Khasa’is of Al-Nisa’i, 25; Al-Tirmidhi; Al-Tabarani.

Sunni Reference: Musnad Ahmad, 4/370;

The one who wants to live my life and die my death will attach himself to Ali (A.S).

Shia Reference:  Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/128; Kenz Al-Omal, 6/217; Al-Tabarani.

Sunni Reference: Musnad of Ahmad, 5/94;

Ali (A.S) is to me what Haroun was to Musa.

Shia Reference: Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/137; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 65, 104; 
Al-Tabarani; HAliyat Al-Awliya’, 1/63;Akhtab Khawarizm, 229.Ershad Mofid, Vol. 1, Pg 8

Sunni Reference: Sahih Bukhari, Chapter 13, Hadith 4064

Ali (A.S) is the door of my knowledge, and the one who will clarifies for my nation that which I was sent with.

Shia Reference: Tafsir Al-Tabari, 3/171;Al-Darr Al-Manthour, 6/379; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 61.

Sunni Reference: Shawahid Al-Tanzil, 2/356;

For the one who believes and trusts in me, I recommend the wilayat of Ali (A.S).

Shia Reference: Al-Jami^ of Al-Suyuti, 1/230; Al-Riyadh Al-Nudhra, 2/168; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 49; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 266.

Sunni Reference: Tarikh Baghdad of Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadi, 1/316;

Ali (A.S) stands in relation to me as my head to my body.

Shia Reference: Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/141; Al-Jami^ of Al-Suyuti, 1/583; HAliyat Al-Awliya’, 1/182; Al-Riyadh Al-Nudhra, 2/219.

Sunni Reference: Tarikh Baghdad of Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadi, 1/51;

Every prophet has an executor and inheritor, and my executor and inheritor is Ali (A.S).

Shia Reference: Kenz Al-Omal, 6/158; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 94.

Sunni Reference: Tarikh Baghdad of Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadi, 11/173; Shawahid Al-Tanzil, 2/223;

Ali (A.S) is the best of humanity, and the one who denies it has blasphemed.

Shia Reference: Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 129; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 233; Al-Khawarizmi, 235.

Sunni Reference: Tarikh Baghdad of Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadi, 5/37;

The title of the believer’s book is love for Ali (A.S).

Shia Reference: Al-Manaqib of Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 243; Al-Jami^ of Al-Sayuti, 2/145; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda. 

Sunni Reference: Tarikh Baghdad of Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi, 4/410;

3 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

Shias follow Sunnah and Ahlulbayt tradition and follow the ways of the Quran. As a side note, Hanafi, Shafi, Hanbali, Maliki are all Sunni schools of thought that came 100-200 years after the life of The Prophet (SAWA). How can I trust those schools of thought when I can follow the ways of the Holy Prophet's family. :)

The contradiction that I experience personally is that if the Fuqaha base their rulings on Ijtihad then actually everybody is allowed to practice Ijtihad but that is not allowed in mainstream Sunni Islam.

Edited by Faruk