Reza

ShiaChat Upgrade 2017! We Did It!

Rate this topic

:dwarf:Ahhh, l need a map. lPS 4point2? What is an lPS? What's the 4? What's the point? What's 2?

l thank Uhty Hameedeh for my color assistance.

Starlight + Notme + Laayla + lslandsandmirrors + Hameedeh + ChristianLady + LeftCoastMom --> :discussion::discussion:  "Ha,Ha,Ha, Hasan is Baffled Again. Long Live lsIamo-Feminism and International Feminist Conspiracy"

:D

51 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

lPS 4point2? What is an lPS? What's the 4? What's the point? What's 2?

IPS = Invision Power Services, Inc, the site that provides the message board software for ShiaChat. It's the new version 4 with 2nd update. Tech stuff. Maybe somebody else can explain it better. :) 

SC Poll Weekly.jpg

I really liked this. But I want more.... a week is too long lol 

Maybe have a daily poll instead? (Open for 24 or even 48 hours to cover all time zones?)

Members' feedback would be helpful ..... 

-------

@Reza love the status updates at the bottom. Assuming you added it. thx!

8 hours ago, Abbas. said:

I really liked this. But I want more.... a week is too long lol 

Maybe have a daily poll instead? (Open for 24 or even 48 hours to cover all time zones?)

Members' feedback would be helpful ..... 

Who else likes the polls! And how frequently do you all want them?

8 hours ago, Abbas. said:

@Reza love the status updates at the bottom. Assuming you added it. thx!

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, wolverine said:

Thank you for making the Poll in the sidebar. How about a new poll every 3 days? 

Yes, we'll have a new poll every few days. The first one got over 40+ votes in three days, and the second one with 30+ votes after two days. Putting it on the main page increases the vote count. 

More to come regularly.

On 8/16/2017 at 4:43 PM, Reza said:

Everyone, also enjoy a New Status Updates box at the bottom of the main page. You can post things there for everyone to see!

Thank you! I didn't realize that the box was right there at the bottom of the homepage. I could see 3 people wrote something new, but I had been going to my own profile to write a status update. :itsok:

42 minutes ago, Reza said:

Updates:

1. Added "ShiaChat Featured Image of the Week" to top of homepage. 

2. Added "Video of the Week" to homepage sidebar. 

3. Added "Upcoming Events" calendar to homepage sidebar. 

4. New poll added, will have new one every few days. 

Thank you, @Reza. I would like to point out that we can click on each one of the "Upcoming Events" in the homepage sidebar to read more information. If you see the words "Event details" there might be a link to a ShiaChat topic or an online book about that event in history. Upcoming Events can also be accessed through this link:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/calendar/1-community-calendar/

On 8/20/2017 at 1:30 AM, Reza said:

Updates:

1. Added "ShiaChat Featured Image of the Week" to top of homepage. 

Thank you. The one by Ali_Imran looks great. I especially like the Holy Kaaba in the middle, since this is the time for Hajj. :) 

Two new additions:

1. Staff members can "recommend" posts in topics. These posts get a star and will be featured on the top of the topic page.

2. Members can see their own warnings, including total points, reason for warning,and message from staff member outlining the rule violation. You cannot see others, and others can't see yours. It is private, viewable only by you and staff. 

Recently when ever I post on a topic, it makes me follow the topic without me clicking the follow button, why has it been doing that?

edit: now it made me follow this topic too as I made this post. I get notifications every time someone posts on this thread lol.

15 minutes ago, Hassan- said:

Recently when ever I post on a topic, it makes me follow the topic without me clicking the follow button, why has it been doing that?

Go into your Account Settings and click on Notification Settings, then remove the tics on the boxes that say:

Automatically follow new content I post

Automatically follow content I reply to

How are you liking the option to change the ShiaChat homepage? You can select one of 3 layouts:

1. Table (a traditional forum index table view)

2. Grid (display forum as cards in a grid)

3. Fluid (a simpler dynamic listing topics with a forum filter box)

Look for this option below RECENT POSTS. See the image below:

layout.jpg