Reza

ShiaChat Upgrade 2017! We Did It!

Rate this topic

Hello:

As you can see, the site has changed! The admin team is proud to announce our upgrade to IPS Board Version 4.2, the latest version of the software. This adds new features, improves site look and function, and will hopefully fix some outstanding issues (like the frequent Gateway 504 error).

Further information about new IPS 4.2 features can be found here:

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/invision-community-42-r1030/

Changes bring new adjustments and exciting new opportunities to enhance the site. Some things you may have noticed:

1. Changes to the look of the homepage - more compressed look, slight color changes, "Recent Posts" box at top, Poll of the Week, expanded list of Popular Contributors.
  2. Three options of homepage viewing - traditional table view, grid view, and the new fluid view (accessible at home page near "Start New Topic")
  3. New reaction system of likes - Like, Sad, Confused, Haha, Thanks
  4. Empty profile pictures now replaced with a letter. 
  5. Some minor display changes in the mobile version.

The admin team is open to any feedback concerning this upgrade, and responding to that feedback as appropriate. Based on some feedback already, we've re-integrated the chatroom with the upgrade and added a "New Topics" feature on the home page. 

This is a work in progress. Some issues may be immediately fixable, while others may need a new software version. Also, be aware there's always an adjustment period, and we all may have differences of opinions. But we'll work hard to accomodate as much as we can. 

Thanks!

Thank you @Reza for some of your hard work behind the scenes. 

I personally don't like the greyish background. Looks kinda dull. If other members agree, maybe we can change it to a lighter colour?

Edited: Also, popular contributors' list shouldn't show more than ten members.... Cz it's like everyone who raced won a medal..... lol

4 minutes ago, Abbas. said:

I personally don't like the greyish background. Looks kinda dull. If other members agree, maybe we can change it to a lighter colour?

A lighter grey, or a different color altogether?

4 minutes ago, Abbas. said:

Edited: Also, popular contributors' list shouldn't show more than ten members.... Cz it's like everyone who raced won a medal..... lol

Good point. 

1 minute ago, Reza said:

Done. Whadddayu think? :D

umm i dunno... maybe better but still not comfortable with it.....for some reason. 

What background colour scheme did we have before the upgrade? Can we test that plz?

2 minutes ago, Abbas. said:

What background colour scheme did we have before the upgrade? Can we test that plz?

FAFAFA. 

That's about as low as I can go without making it pure white. It's on now. 

7 hours ago, Reza said:

Some things you may have noticed:

1. Changes to the look of the homepage - more compressed look, slight color changes, "Recent Posts" box at top, Poll of the Week, expanded list of Popular Contributors.
  2. Three options of homepage viewing - traditional table view, grid view, and the new fluid view (accessible at home page near "Start New Topic")
  3. New reaction system of likes - Like, Sad, Confused, Haha, Thanks
  4. Empty profile pictures now replaced with a letter. 
  5. Some minor display changes in the mobile version.

The upgrade has great new features! Thank you, @Reza

2 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

If we did that, do you think the Guests would not notice the Guest Lounge?

I don't understand what you mean sister. Do you mean the guests will not notice the Guest Lounge anymore if we increase it to 10?

I'm talking about this here:

https://i.imgur.com/U0tuw1n.png

2 minutes ago, Hassan- said:

I don't understand what you mean sister. Do you mean the guests will not notice the Guest Lounge anymore if we increase it to 10?

I'm talking about this here:

https://i.imgur.com/U0tuw1n.png

Sorry, a misunderstanding between us. I thought you meant Recent Posts at the top of the homepage, above the Guest Lounge. You were talking about New Topics on the right side. :) 

1 minute ago, Hameedeh said:

Sorry, a misunderstanding between us. I thought you meant Recent Posts at the top of the homepage, above the Guest Lounge. You were talking about New Topics on the right side. :) 

What do you think though, is it a good idea? We had it like that before the website changed to green. It makes it easier for everyone to see the new topics instead of having to search for them in each forum section.

16 minutes ago, Hassan- said:

What do you think though, is it a good idea? We had it like that before the website changed to green. It makes it easier for everyone to see the new topics instead of having to search for them in each forum section.

There are a couple of changes that I would like to see as well. The Admins are still tweaking things. I hope your suggestion is approved. :) 

4 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

There are a couple of changes that I would like to see as well. 

Can we put New Topics under the Poll of the Week. These topics are more important and should be higher on the page. :D