Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ron_Burgundy

Masjid-Al-Hayy

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

have you guys seen this majid? According to many people in mosque a guy spent $23+ million dollars on this mosque and on inauguration he spent $350K on fireworks only. On friday everyone was talking about this and how this guy brought us (shias) in limelight and how everyone is talking about this shia mosque blah blah. 

Don't you think it's an israaf?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

It is Israaf, He should have built a good mosque and opened an organization to guide people by making council and assigning a committee through the help of Marajas. 

I was arguing with a person on this and he said oh you don't know he donates so much money and this is between him and Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, but it doesn't make sense to me. Giving donations doesn;t mean that you could go and spend as much money as you want. I know he built the mosque but to me he could have donated like 20 million to poor orphans in iraq or help poor people and he could have built a beautiful mosque in $3 million. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

I was arguing with a person on this and he said oh you don't know he donates so much money and this is between him and Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, but it doesn't make sense to me. Giving donations doesn;t mean that you could go and spend as much money as you want. I know he built the mosque but to me he could have donated like 20 million to poor orphans in iraq or help poor people and he could have built a beautiful mosque in $3 million. 

Prophet PBUHHP said: "Wealth is a boon if one who earns it knows how to spend it". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt this is Israaf. A man with that wealth could have spent it on the poor, or most importantly built many shia mosques in third world countries and rural areas to ease difficulties for Shias. For many Shias living in southern states and less wealthier countries, I know families that go on a 2 hour drive just to go to the mosque in Muharram.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The $350K he spent on fireworks, he could have used it to build a shelter for homeless muslims. I am sure there must be some homeless shias in US. All the Robin hoods and people running charities keep bothering people like me but I bet they are not able to receive a penny from wealthy people like him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Hussaini624 said:

No doubt this is Israaf. A man with that wealth could have spent it on the poor, or most importantly built many shia mosques in third world countries and rural areas to ease difficulties for Shias. For many Shias living in southern states and less wealthier countries, I know families that go on a 2 hour drive just to go to the mosque in Muharram.

And tell me honestly how many shia do come to congregational prayer everyday? 5, 6 or may be 10? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

And tell me honestly how many shia do come to congregational prayer everyday? 5, 6 or may be 10? 

I never said congregational prayer, I said Majalis during the month of Muharram.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

    • Salaam Alaykum When I was back home, I thought my dad is abusive. He made me cry at 2 am by creating a family fight. That time I was 7 years old. A 7 years old boy was crying at 2 am. A 7 years old was in the middle of family problem with a HUGE amount of stress. Now I gained the freedom that you are seeking. Now after living seven years away from my dad, I just want to see my same dad and kiss his feet and hands for his effort on raising me. He never let me grow up on street, he supported me financially. I'm grateful for that. I wish I could squeeze his hands one more time. When I have stress and pressure, I need my dad support. To the OP: you're dad is a good man. One time with all of those restrictions that you have, just sit down and have a tee and biscuits with him and enjoy.
    • It does not look pretty. They freak me out. Wear an aqeeq and call it a day please!
    • Salaam First part: what's that?  Second part: no I wear aqeeq, dur e Najaaf, feroz, yaqoot. I also have the threads we touch the zaris with in ziyarat. 
    • Everyhing is instant now a days  Fine....
    • One muslim asked me that why we do latmiyah and cry, so I told because of mourning the grandson of Prophet Muhammad (saws) martyrdom, then he answer: "So you beat yourselves to this day for that reason.. Really.." And that's how it saddens to hear how the hearth have become so blind, that nothing but insulting the 'Aali Muhammad.
×