Fakeha

Make-up

Rate this topic

:bismillah:

اسلام علىکم

I thinks more of a western culture it is ,but can i have some advice on how to manage to offer salat when there is make-up all around the face and there is no way that forhead touches the turbat(سجده گاه)

Just now, Fakeha said:

:bismillah:

اسلام علىکم

I thinks more of a western culture it is ,but can i have some advice on how to manage to offer salat when there is make-up all around the face and there is no way that forhead touches the turbat(سجده گاه)

Ist decide what is more important salat or makeup. Probably it will help. 

:salam:

Does that mean you can't put moisturiser or sun protection on your face after performing wuduh because you won't be able to touch the turbah? (genuine question) I always had sun protection on in turkey. I still prayed. I'm not a marja, but thinking about it rationally, so long you've performed your wuduh, I don't see a problem with it. Foundation/primers are not solid impermeable layers. We're not talking about applying nailvarnish onto your forehead. As far as my understanding goes, salat doesn't become batil if you pray without a turbah. You just need to pray on something natural. Turbah is essentially soil/earth. I think you might be overthinking this... 

Sometimes, my chador slips forward and my forehead's skin is covered by the synthetic fabric. Rather than constantly fiddling with it and allowing myself to become distracted, I leave it. Sometimes, while standing up, I also catch my chador with my heel. It pulls back and reveals some of my hair. I try to pull it forwards, but often find that some hair still shows even after multiple attempts to fix it during prayers. So I've decided only to adjust it once, if it does occur. There are usul we need to adhere to. I just rather focus on khushu3 than presentation. 

If it's for a wedding, why not pray before applying the makeup? Do your wuduh before isha time, and have your hair done before makeup so you can pray in between. If the wedding is during summer, have it after salatul 3asr. the day is long enough. Finish the party by maghrib, wipe your makeup off, shower and then pray :) Easy

If it's generally speaking, I think makeup is excessive...? Remember, you're standing in front of God. Ask yourself "Do I wish to look as I do now on judgement day?" Mind, I've always been taught putting itr (perfume oil) and khol are favoured. I don't like khol but I do put the itr on. I'm pretty sure I've read marja give permission for women to wear natural looking makeup, to conceal acne redness and such. I've seen female presenters on ahlulbayt tv and youtube channels with natural looking makeup. 

Thanks @yusur317 but have you seen a Pakistani bride?? They go to parlor before asr and came back after isha.. They wears tons of make-up seriously tons, its technique may be!! I don't Care about the heavy dress or heavy make-up, jewelry etc so plz can you give a reference to this

". As far as my understanding goes, salat doesn't become batil if you pray without a turbah"

Please...???