Islandsandmirrors

What's your Personality Type?

Rate this topic

On 20/01/2017 at 2:51 AM, Islandsandmirrors said:

"[What] is honest to me is not necessarily honest to anybody else. ... There's so many different ways to be honest. ... Someone ... said 'art is a lie to tell the truth.' I think that's an interesting concept."

"Truth is in the eye of the beholder"

- Scar [Lion King]

I am an ENTJ "Commander" according to the Jungian personality test.

According to the Big 5, I am: Highly Open to Experience, Moderately Conscientious, Highly Extraverted, Low in Agreeableness, and Moderate in Neuroticism.

According to the BBC Brain Sex ID thing, I am exactly between male and female.

My IQ is 135.

I am a Taurus.

PS: I also identify as an Apache Helicopter.

Wow.

Well, in my humble opinion, if you take the good bits of Cognitive Functions, Neuroscience and Enneagram you have a quick little go to guide that basically helps you communicate with others, understand their perspective, understand how their learning process and their inner drives. 

I also believe, if utilized properly, that the aforementioned can put restraints on how far Western Psychology has gone. I personally don't mean it's progress, I imply it's detreiment to 21st century society.

In my 5 year nerd rabbit hole with this stuff I kept thinking Subhan Allah, maybe we were created with certain functions to construct this flow of society. 

We need a few INFJs for a reason. ENTJs are brilliant and are hew and far between. ISFJs are some of the hardest workers and best nurtures "in real time" as I've met hence their abundance in the medical field. 

Brain scans prove the parts of the brains used by each type. Over 20 years of practical research by Katherine Fauvre connected patterns in our core emotional, mental and visceral drives, motivations and levels of health. 

No harm taking the good from what we learn, variables filtered through the equation of our deen, to help understand life, ourselves and the people around us a little better.

I am also curious as to why more rare types are represented among Shia. I see it here. I've noticed it when I travel. Very curious. Alas I need data to make such a claim. 

My purpose here though was to engage with other INFJ Shia because that's a double treat. 

Rather than look at it as a "special snowflake" :) how about reshifting your perspective (oh Ni- you can be a gift) and perhaps deduce that a person who is (by chance, I don't feel special, nor do I want any prize and Insha'Allah I am not speaking from ego or pride now) at 1% of the population wants to talk to people who may view the world the same way she does.

we are souls, intellect, and egos who wish to connect and be understood no matter what gender or type you are. 

Not even understood. People vary, within type. Obviously.

i wonder if Ni dominance and finding Islam and Shism has answered all of those nagging questions and feel as much peace as I do. 

I wanted to ask if specific duas help you feel less of .... :) what we absorb so much! 

If people want to take tests and share dialogue. It's fun. We can learn a lot. 

So let's keep it inviting. 

6 hours ago, Ants said:

Salam Shia Farm girl. I too am a farm girl from South Lebanon. 854sx/sp :) nice to meet you

@shia farm girl

What?! No way! How cool:) Nice to meet u too! I dont know about u, but the older i get, the more my introversion is beginning to show...Lol,im just more happy the fewer people around me...The rest of me still seems to be the same though, alhamdulilah.

4 hours ago, shia farm girl said:

What?! No way! How cool:) Nice to meet u too! I dont know about u, but the older i get, the more my introversion is beginning to show...Lol,im just more happy the fewer people around me...The rest of me still seems to be the same though, alhamdulilah.

Me too sister. A part of me was always separate from people in their company. You know all the stuff that goes on in that "separated part". Naturally I just didn't want to carry the weight of that and now just do what's natural to me. I feel relief and I enjoy nature now way more. I've been thinking a lot about balance though. But yes, fulfill my duties and other than that- the happiest I've ever been. A huge relief.