qamar123

Female Shia revert parent problem

Rate this topic

I am a Shia revert , my parents got to know about it when I rejected a marriage proposal of a Sunni man. 

My father has been abusing me and treating me badly,

My mother curses me and cries everyday. Because I rejected a potential marriage proposal as he was a Sunni.

It's becoming hard everyday for me, in this case I feel like running away from home but I don't know if that will be right thing to do.

Please help me by giving any suggestions for my difficult time.

Thankyou 

I'd personally prefer visiting local mosques instead of looking up people through internet.

Wassalam.

Edited by King-Ali

3 hours ago, qamar123 said:

Please contact Shia mosques and organizations.

But also do keep an eye on matrimonial sites such as

www.shiamatch.com

www.simplyshia.com

May God help you, sister

Best Wishes 

plenty of single guys here.

duas.org, who knows it might just work for you.

parents will always over react, because no one ever taught them, that children, grow up, develop their own minds and will choose their own paths. Over reaction I based on perception of the outside world.

we don't know your country, generally there is more help in the west.

7 hours ago, qamar123 said:

I am a Shia revert , my parents got to know about it when I rejected a marriage proposal of a Sunni man. 

My mother curses me and cries everyday. Because I rejected a potential marriage proposal as he was a Sunni.

It's becoming hard everyday for me, in this case I feel like running away from home but I don't know if that will be right thing to do.

Thankyou 

I am saddened to hear that, but you have to be good to them, the only thing you can do is refuse to obey them.

العنكبوت 8

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

وَوَصَّيْنَا الْإِنسَانَ بِوَالِدَيْهِ حُسْنًا ۖ وَإِن جَاهَدَاكَ لِتُشْرِكَ بِي مَا لَيْسَ لَكَ بِهِ عِلْمٌ فَلَا تُطِعْهُمَا ۚ إِلَيَّ مَرْجِعُكُمْ فَأُنَبِّئُكُم بِمَا كُنتُمْ تَعْمَلُونَ

صدق الله العلي العظيم

7 hours ago, qamar123 said:

Thankyou 

Salaam,

You are in a tough situation but the path of the AhlulBayt is never easy.

First and foremost, do not run away from home. It would be wrong for you and make your parent hate shias and shia Islam even more. Our obligations to our parents do not end just because we share a different belief system.

At the same time, they can't make you marry someone against your will either.

The only suggestion I can offer is to be a shining example of what a follower of AhlulBayt is like and inshallah it will be sufficient to melt their hearts for you.

9 hours ago, qamar123 said:

Thankyou 

Sister, do not leave home, because Allah AWJ gets angry at breaking worldly relations. At this time, you should be relaxed and just do not stress much and do not change your position regarding marriage if you do not want to get married. It is your life and your decision. 

Salamalaikum As you know I am a Shia convert, my parents insist on me to get married to a Sunni man.

In this case, is my obedience to my parents wajib  for me or not ?

Please help me by giving an answer or a suggestion.

5 hours ago, qamar123 said:

Salamalaikum As you know I am a Shia convert, my parents insist on me to get married to a Sunni man.

In this case, is my obedience to my parents wajib  for me or not ?

Please help me by giving an answer or a suggestion.

Salam

they cannot force you to marry someone you don't approve of. Tell them you're not ready to be married yet, and in the meantime try to find someone who you want to marry and get him to come meet your parents and propose.  Be patient, it's hard but try to be. Keep telling them that you're not ready! Just be persistent with it! Until inshallah you do find someone who you would want to spend the rest of your life with.  Inshallah it will work out for you !! 

Salaam Alaykum

First of all, be proud of yourself. Try to be kind to your parents. You parents can not force you to marry someone that you don't like. It is religious order. Tell them that you are not interested in that person, and look for a single shia man.
I don't know where do you live. I live in US, and I would be happy to be helpful.

Allah Bless You

From Sistani website:

The consent of the father or the paternal grandfather to marry a virgin woman, who is both adult and sensible, is not required [in the following cases:] if they stop her from marrying someone who is her equal in the eyes of both shar’ia and common practice; if they completely withdraw from the involvement in her marriage; when it is not possible to get their consent because of their absence.In these cases, she is permitted to marry, if she is in need of marriage. The consent of the father or the paternal grandfather is not required in the marriage of a non-virgin woman (that is, a girl who had previously married and had sexual intercourse). But the case of the woman who had lost her virginity because of fornication or another cause is like that of a virgin.

https://www.sistani.org/english/book/46/2062/

You can find it in line 28 of the link. Try to be gentle with your parents, and refuse them gently when they ask you to do Haram or ask you to not do Wajib. In marriage, they cannot force you, but refuse them gently.