Jump to content
Zavon

Why isn't there a button to unrate a topic/thread?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

So... I actually accidentally rated a thread 5 stars. Then I realized there isn't a button to unrate a topic. Why isn't there? :o I get that you can change the stars from 1-5, but no option for unrating? Well... there isn't really a need to have one. But just wondering why there isn't an option like that to unrate? lol

Edited by Zavon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

If you think the topic does not deserve a 5 star rating, then give it 1 - 4 stars instead. :D 

And what if I don't wanna rate it anymore? xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2017 at 7:50 AM, Zavon said:

 Well... there isn't really a need to have one. But just wondering why there isn't an option like that to unrate? 

@Zavon Are you trolling? You mention that there isn't an option and then you admit that there is no need for it either. Then you ask about it again. 

When you look at some topics there are stars for a rating. There are 2 options:

1) Rate the topic 1-5 stars

2) Ignore the rating stars

Since you chose the option #1 and gave the topic a rating, that triggered the rating system for that topic, which cannot be undone. After rating a topic, there are only 2 options remaining: 

1) Leave the rating you chose at 5 stars

2) Rate it again from 1 - 4 stars

:) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Are you trolling?

A little? :D

11 hours ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

You mention that there isn't an option and then you admit that there is no need for it either. Then you ask about it again. 

I just thought that there must be a better logic or reason behind not having an un-rate button, lol?

11 hours ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

When you look at some topics there are stars for a rating. There are 2 options:

1) Rate the topic 1-5 stars

2) Ignore the rating stars

Yes yes, but if you accidentally end up pressing the rating button, then there is no way to un-rate! As simple as that! xD

Anyhow, Jazak Allah Khair for taking your time to explain it to me. :pushup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×