ali_fatheroforphans

Guys what is your gym secret?

Rate this topic

Salam,

I find it very hard to gain muscles and I don't know what is wrong. Maybe it is my diet or the specific exercises I do in the gym.

I don't want to be very buff or anything, but at least decent in size.

I think also because I am naturally skinny.

What is your secret for the gains? Also what might be the reason for me not getting enough gains?

17 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

I find it very hard to gain muscles and I don't know what is wrong. Maybe it is my diet or the specific exercises I do in the gym.

What is your secret for the gains? Also what might be the reason for me not getting enough gains?

My secret for gains is extreme workout. You can eat little but gain size. It would take lots of hard work in one day. The thing is that you would be more toned than bigger. 

I recommend eat light potions of food if you can.

You basically need to take care of a number of factors, in brief:

- total calorie intake, look online for a calculator that will give you an estimate of how much you need to eat, you won't get bigger on a deficit, it's not conducive to building muscle, also need enough carbs, especially in the leading hours to a workout, otherwise you'll feel weak during the workout and won't lift as well as you can

- total protein intake in grams, you can have the best workouts but without the extra protein you won't get bigger, again online calculator for an estimate

- how you're spacing out the protein throughout the day, better to have 3 -4 chunks of protein than all in one go, promotes muscle protein synthesis more

- intensity of the workouts, too relaxed and light you won't promote muscle hypertrophy, too intense and heavy you can easily injure yourself. Seek to work the muscle well and get progressively heavier the stronger you get

- rest, this is when the actual muscle building happens

2 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

I am natural bulky, genetics play a great role in physical attributes.

9 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

I am neither slim nor very heavy, I am 75 kilograms that is ok in 30s I guess, and I am now reducing my fat. 

Ah so your buff? Whats your Body fat percentage?

13 hours ago, IbnMariam said:

You basically need to take care of a number of factors, in brief:

- total calorie intake, look online for a calculator that will give you an estimate of how much you need to eat, you won't get bigger on a deficit, it's not conducive to building muscle, also need enough carbs, especially in the leading hours to a workout, otherwise you'll feel weak during the workout and won't lift as well as you can

- total protein intake in grams, you can have the best workouts but without the extra protein you won't get bigger, again online calculator for an estimate

- how you're spacing out the protein throughout the day, better to have 3 -4 chunks of protein than all in one go, promotes muscle protein synthesis more

- intensity of the workouts, too relaxed and light you won't promote muscle hypertrophy, too intense and heavy you can easily injure yourself. Seek to work the muscle well and get progressively heavier the stronger you get

- rest, this is when the actual muscle building happens

Good advice. but what i'd add, seeing as you said you're skinny is to start off with strength training. something like stronglifts 5x5. start with just the bar to begin with. It will allow you to work on your form. Eventually you will be lifting very heavy weights.

I used to be very skinny i didn't even fix my diet to begin with. But following this program slowly just made me fix my diet and now alhumdulillah, although not the biggest of guys, i'm of decent size and i'm stronger than most people at 24/7 gyms.

6 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

Ah so your buff? Whats your Body fat percentage?

I do I calculate AS about body fat percentage ?

While I was 23, I was 65 and I am 30 and I am 75 kg, so it seems, I got 10Kgs/ 7years and that seems 1.43 Kg per year and 11011 calories per year. :D :confused:

2 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

While I was 23, I was 65 and I am 30 and I am 75 kg, so it seems, I got 10Kgs/ 7years and that seems 1.43 Kg per year and 11011 calories per year. :D :confused:

I didnt know you were 30. Forget about the body fat percentage. You just have to work hard until you see a lot of veins sticking out and lots of toning. 

4 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

Since you are 165 lbs you must be slim, depending on your height. 

14 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

This has worked well for me:

1) Go to the gym 6 days a week alternating between cardio and weights every day (1 day cardio and 1 day weights).

2) Cardio: slow rate for longer periods to lose fat. Fast paced to increase endurance and stamina. I did treadmill or elliptical for an hour starting at a walking speed for 15 min, followed by increasing by 1mph every 15 minutes. Let's say you start at 3mph, you would increase to 4, mph, then 5mph, 6mph for 1 week. Then start at 3.5mph the following week and so on.

3) Weights. Always best to do opposite muscles. So biceps then triceps, chest then back, quads then hamstrings. Follow this method - 1 rep of ten at a weight you can easily lift, wait 1 minute, then increase by 5-10 lbs and 1 rep of 10, then wait 1 minute and increase by 5-10lbs (this should be hard to lift) but do 1 rep of 10. Immediately on to the opposite muscle group and repeat pattern. Then wait for 5 minutes before doing another muscle group.

Groups:

• Bicep/tricep
  • Chest Back
  • Shoulder/Trapezius
  • Quads (front thigh)/Hamstring
  • Calves/ Stomach (no opposite muscle to calves)

If on Day 2 (bicep then tricep) you follow the above, then you should reverse on Day 4 (tricep then bicep).

Make sure you eat plenty of protein after weights to re-build muscles. Dont do muscle training back to back. your body needs time to recover.

16 hours ago, IbnMariam said:

2 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

Make sure you eat plenty of protein after weights to re-build muscles.

All meals and snacks should have protein. Some halal ones of course. :D 

protein.jpg

On 8/7/2017 at 6:37 AM, madinthedunya said:

I used to be very skinny i didn't even fix my diet to begin with. But following this program slowly just made me fix my diet and now alhumdulillah, although not the biggest of guys, i'm of decent size and i'm stronger than most people at 24/7 gyms.

Arrogant much? 

I lost a lot of weight two years ago, but I would never go around saying how skinny I am in comparison to girls around me.

This is the secret:

You lift heavy and eat a lot, this makes you bigger.

Once you reach the size you want, you reduce the weights and reduce the amount you eat, this will make you remain the size you are.

13 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

This is the secret:

You lift heavy and eat a lot, this makes you bigger.

Once you reach the size you want, you reduce the weights and reduce the amount you eat, this will make you remain the size you are.

^truth.

On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:41 AM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

:) Try brisk-walk 3.2km on treadmill @ 5km/hr speed in the morning & in the evening. Try to do 100 push-ups & intense rope jumping (100 jumps/minute) every day. If you are skinny, try to be skinny like Bruce Lee. 

5 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

lost a lot of weight two years ago, but I would never go around saying how skinny I am in comparison to girls around me.

Welcome back :) were you in coma for the past month or so?

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans