Jump to content
Zavon

Why should I pick shia Islam and not sunni?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Fakeha said:

Which is the thing that drives you to this question?? 

My friend is a sunni, and I want him to follow what I think is right. But for that I need to know that... the things he follows are wrong. I need to know those things.

Edited by King-Ali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think many people ask this question but are never quite satisfied until they discover it for themselves. Maybe you need to discover which one is best yourself, and educate yourself and then when you have knowledge you can decide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your friend may also be an atheist. Why would you want to follow the religion of your friend? I'm not really following 

Edited by beladalrafidan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, King-Ali said:

My friend is a sunni, and I want him to follow what I think is right. But for that I need to know that... the things he follows are wrong. I need to know those things.

Sunnis have 12 imams in their books but they don't follow it.

They have hadiths that the 12 imams are infallible but they don't follow.

Rabbits and Dhubbs(lizard-like creature) are forbidden,yet they eat it.

They believe that killer and killed companions are going to heaven.Even though it says otherwise.

They believe the sahabis ALL are righteous,even though the Quran said many of them are mere hypocrites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, beladalrafidan said:

Your friend may also be an athesist. Why would you want to follow the religion of your friend? I'm not really following

To understand "my friend", don't I need to sit in the same boat as him? Realize where the short comings of both the fiqh/sects are whilst increasing my knowledge, shouldn't I be doing that? Don't you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fakeha said:

Action speaks louder than words!!

Don't waste your words, if you want him to mould towards shi'sm then inspire him with your action first, action of a lover of Ahlulbait a.s... (As Hazrat Ali a.s taught us some tricks of attracting someone towards Islam)

Thats the first step...

Your friend will automatically show some interest ,then turning him will be easy for you And him..!!

Yes, I understand. But I am still not a "VERY" fully practicing Muslim. And by the time I am... I am afraid we might not be together as we will be separating our paths for our future carriers. God knows in which part of which country we will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, King-Ali said:

To understand "my friend", don't I need to sit in the same boat as him? Realize where the short comings of both the fiqh/sects are whilst increasing my knowledge, shouldn't I be doing that? Don't you think?

Personally I don't befriend non-Shias so I don't know. I know why I wouldn't be Sunni but I did this alone. My own self discovery. I can list to reasons why I chose Shia over Sunni but like I said self-discovery is best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, King-Ali said:

Yes, I understand. But I am still not a "VERY" fully practicing Muslim. And by the time I am... I am afraid we might not be together as we will be separating our paths for our future carriers. God knows in which part of which country we will be.

Inshallah you will be brother. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, beladalrafidan said:

Personally I don't befriend non-Shias so I don't know. I know why I wouldn't be Sunni but I did this alone. My own self discovery. I can list to reasons why I chose Shia over Sunni but like I said self-discovery is best. 

I am really slow considering my pace. Maybe you could very well point out somethings?

50 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Sunnis have 12 imams in their books but they don't follow it.

They have hadiths that the 12 imams are infallible but they don't follow.

Rabbits and Dhubbs(lizard-like creature) are forbidden,yet they eat it.

They believe that killer and killed companions are going to heaven.Even though it says otherwise.

They believe the sahabis ALL are righteous,even though the Quran said many of them are mere hypocrites.

Reference bro, reference. Let's just say I am not sure if any of what you said is true. How should I weigh the things you said? And besides... are all Sunnis think like this, how are you so sure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fakeha said:

Action speaks louder than words!!

Don't waste your words, if you want him to mould towards shi'sm then inspire him with your action first, action of a lover of Ahlulbait a.s... (As Hazrat Ali a.s taught us some tricks of attracting someone towards Islam)

Thats the first step...

Your friend will automatically show some interest ,then turning him will be easy for you And him..!!

Not always sister. Sadly. But if you do spark religious conversations this may work inshallah!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fakeha said:

what if you can't prove them wrong???there is a fulfil world of wrong and weak riwayah and hadees..

During the process at least I will increase my iman/faith, no? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, King-Ali said:

I am really slow considering my pace. Maybe you could very well point out somethings?

There are whole books on this brother. This is such a big topic and I don't want to just brush past big topics with bullet points. I suggest reading al-Tijanis books

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, King-Ali said:

During the process at least I will increase my iman/faith, no? :)

Inshallah you will, with knowledge comes faith (if you apply it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, beladalrafidan said:

There are whole books on this brother. This is such a big topic and I don't want to just brush past big topics with bullet points. I suggest reading al-Tijanis books

I would better hope you didn't read my favorite subject...

And alright, I will try looking into that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, King-Ali said:

I would better hope you didn't read my favorite subject...

And alright, I will try looking into that.

Loool I didn't but you should be doing this. We need to search for knowledge till death brother 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, beladalrafidan said:

Loool I didn't but you should be doing this. We need to search for knowledge till death brother 

Yes. I know. But I feel like drowning when I dig in too deep especially when I do it alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, beladalrafidan said:

Not always sister. Sadly. But if you do spark religious conversations this may work inshallah!

Sometimes the title or a cover page of a book really inspire us to read that.... Sometimes!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fakeha said:

By making list of other's lose ends??

No, by realizing history on how such loose ends came to being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, King-Ali said:

No, by realizing history on how such loose ends came to being.

I went through this brother!! Indeed it helps in knowledge but conversation with a friend is a bit worse!!

Let him search by himself, just help him..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, beladalrafidan said:

I suggest reading al-Tijanis books

42 minutes ago, King-Ali said:

And alright, I will try looking into that.

Muhammad al-Tijani al-Samawi books are very informative.

https://www.al-islam.org/person/muhammad-al-tijani-al-samawi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

    • There is a popular saying: "Knowledge without deed is nothing". This saying applies to some of the things but according to my speculation doesn't work for everything. For example, if ilm is: "Allah is 1" and the practical deed one might say is to "avoid shirk". Now, I truly believe and I gain knowledge. How about proton, neutron and electron revolve around nucleus? And proton has other particles in it etc. What could be the deed of this knowledge? Is it just information, then schools and university are mostly focusing on learning information rather than the true knowledge?
    • Hypothetically they can, but it seems more likely that they will slow access to sites that don't pay a ransom, not cut them off entirely. 
    • This reminds  me the following  hadith:  Ali ul Ma'a ul haq wal haq ma'a Ali Imam Ali is with haq and haq is with Ali As.  Ali ul Ma'a ul Quran wal Quran ma'a Ali. Imam Ali is with quran and quran  is with Ali As.  (This also provides the evidence for the hadith thaqlayn.) wasalam
    • Yes i own a car and i drive as well .   Its necessity in this part of the world ...... Positive : Ease your movement  Negative : Normally i dont swear at all .but while driving i swear every minute ......:))
×