Zavon

Why should I pick shia Islam and not sunni?

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Fakeha said:

Which is the thing that drives you to this question?? 

My friend is a sunni, and I want him to follow what I think is right. But for that I need to know that... the things he follows are wrong. I need to know those things.

Edited by King-Ali

I think many people ask this question but are never quite satisfied until they discover it for themselves. Maybe you need to discover which one is best yourself, and educate yourself and then when you have knowledge you can decide

Your friend may also be an atheist. Why would you want to follow the religion of your friend? I'm not really following 

Edited by beladalrafidan

6 minutes ago, King-Ali said:

My friend is a sunni, and I want him to follow what I think is right. But for that I need to know that... the things he follows are wrong. I need to know those things.

Sunnis have 12 imams in their books but they don't follow it.

They have hadiths that the 12 imams are infallible but they don't follow.

Rabbits and Dhubbs(lizard-like creature) are forbidden,yet they eat it.

They believe that killer and killed companions are going to heaven.Even though it says otherwise.

They believe the sahabis ALL are righteous,even though the Quran said many of them are mere hypocrites.

Just now, beladalrafidan said:

Your friend may also be an athesist. Why would you want to follow the religion of your friend? I'm not really following

To understand "my friend", don't I need to sit in the same boat as him? Realize where the short comings of both the fiqh/sects are whilst increasing my knowledge, shouldn't I be doing that? Don't you think?

2 minutes ago, Fakeha said:

Action speaks louder than words!!

Don't waste your words, if you want him to mould towards shi'sm then inspire him with your action first, action of a lover of Ahlulbait a.s... (As Hazrat Ali a.s taught us some tricks of attracting someone towards Islam)

Thats the first step...

Your friend will automatically show some interest ,then turning him will be easy for you And him..!!

Yes, I understand. But I am still not a "VERY" fully practicing Muslim. And by the time I am... I am afraid we might not be together as we will be separating our paths for our future carriers. God knows in which part of which country we will be.

Just now, King-Ali said:

To understand "my friend", don't I need to sit in the same boat as him? Realize where the short comings of both the fiqh/sects are whilst increasing my knowledge, shouldn't I be doing that? Don't you think?

Personally I don't befriend non-Shias so I don't know. I know why I wouldn't be Sunni but I did this alone. My own self discovery. I can list to reasons why I chose Shia over Sunni but like I said self-discovery is best. 

1 minute ago, King-Ali said:

Yes, I understand. But I am still not a "VERY" fully practicing Muslim. And by the time I am... I am afraid we might not be together as we will be separating our paths for our future carriers. God knows in which part of which country we will be.

Inshallah you will be brother. 

47 minutes ago, beladalrafidan said:

Personally I don't befriend non-Shias so I don't know. I know why I wouldn't be Sunni but I did this alone. My own self discovery. I can list to reasons why I chose Shia over Sunni but like I said self-discovery is best. 

I am really slow considering my pace. Maybe you could very well point out somethings?

50 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Sunnis have 12 imams in their books but they don't follow it.

They have hadiths that the 12 imams are infallible but they don't follow.

Rabbits and Dhubbs(lizard-like creature) are forbidden,yet they eat it.

They believe that killer and killed companions are going to heaven.Even though it says otherwise.

They believe the sahabis ALL are righteous,even though the Quran said many of them are mere hypocrites.

Reference bro, reference. Let's just say I am not sure if any of what you said is true. How should I weigh the things you said? And besides... are all Sunnis think like this, how are you so sure?

6 minutes ago, Fakeha said:

Action speaks louder than words!!

Don't waste your words, if you want him to mould towards shi'sm then inspire him with your action first, action of a lover of Ahlulbait a.s... (As Hazrat Ali a.s taught us some tricks of attracting someone towards Islam)

Thats the first step...

Your friend will automatically show some interest ,then turning him will be easy for you And him..!!

Not always sister. Sadly. But if you do spark religious conversations this may work inshallah!

7 minutes ago, Fakeha said:

what if you can't prove them wrong???there is a fulfil world of wrong and weak riwayah and hadees..

During the process at least I will increase my iman/faith, no? :)

Just now, King-Ali said:

I am really slow considering my pace. Maybe you could very well point out somethings?

There are whole books on this brother. This is such a big topic and I don't want to just brush past big topics with bullet points. I suggest reading al-Tijanis books

1 minute ago, King-Ali said:

During the process at least I will increase my iman/faith, no? :)

Inshallah you will, with knowledge comes faith (if you apply it)

1 minute ago, beladalrafidan said:

There are whole books on this brother. This is such a big topic and I don't want to just brush past big topics with bullet points. I suggest reading al-Tijanis books

I would better hope you didn't read my favorite subject...

And alright, I will try looking into that.

Just now, King-Ali said:

I would better hope you didn't read my favorite subject...

Loool I didn't but you should be doing this. We need to search for knowledge till death brother 

Just now, beladalrafidan said:

Loool I didn't but you should be doing this. We need to search for knowledge till death brother 

Yes. I know. But I feel like drowning when I dig in too deep especially when I do it alone.

5 minutes ago, beladalrafidan said:

Not always sister. Sadly. But if you do spark religious conversations this may work inshallah!

Sometimes the title or a cover page of a book really inspire us to read that.... Sometimes!!

Just now, Fakeha said:

By making list of other's lose ends??

No, by realizing history on how such loose ends came to being.

6 minutes ago, King-Ali said:

No, by realizing history on how such loose ends came to being.

I went through this brother!! Indeed it helps in knowledge but conversation with a friend is a bit worse!!

Let him search by himself, just help him..

44 minutes ago, beladalrafidan said:

I suggest reading al-Tijanis books

42 minutes ago, King-Ali said:

Muhammad al-Tijani al-Samawi books are very informative.

https://www.al-islam.org/person/muhammad-al-tijani-al-samawi