sidnaq

do kids use crayons?

Rate this topic

We have painters working in our house atm. My mum's bedroom needed three coats thanks to all the art work she freely allowed my kids to do on the walls over the years. :dry::grin: So yes, crayons, colour pencils , pastels, markers, paints (oil, water, poster) everything is still very much in use, at least in my home. 

3 hours ago, sidnaq said:

Do kids even use the traditional art tools we grew up with such as colour pencils or crayons and markers,or is it all dead thanks to tech?

We go through reams and reams of white paper, box after box of crayons and colored pencils and watercolor paints. Except for magna doodle, no toy gets more use than the art supplies. 

The kids like electronic toys too. One of my five-year-old's favorite apps is one for drawing and coloring. She also likes to draw with a stick in the dirt. Some children will create by any available means. 

Edited by notme
Seriously autocorrect?

3 minutes ago, notme said:

We go through reams and reams of white paper, box after box of crayons and colored pencils and watercolor paints. Except for magna doodle, no toy gets more use than the art supplies. 

The kids like electronic toys too. One of my five-year-old's favorite apps is one for drawing and coloring. She also likes to draw with a stick in the dirt. Some children will create by any available means. 

,amazingggg rhats great to hear, it seriously is. what do they usually draw? flowers? you ?

4 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

,amazingggg rhats great to hear, it seriously is. what do they usually draw? flowers? you ?

She likes to draw all kinds of things, but mostly animals and trees and flowers and nature scenes. 

My oldest son when he was young liked to draw houses and neighborhoods. My second son liked to draw cars, people, and animals. My youngest son is a toddler. His drawings still look like colorful scribbles. 

Much of my family has artistic talent and creating things is something we take as natural. I don't have any special talent or skill, but it's always been part of my life, part of my family culture. 

27 minutes ago, notme said:

She likes to draw all kinds of things, but mostly animals and trees and flowers and nature scenes. 

My oldest son when he was young liked to draw houses and neighborhoods. My second son liked to draw cars, people, and animals. My youngest son is a toddler. His drawings still look like colorful scribbles. 

Much of my family has artistic talent and creating things is something we take as natural. I don't have any special talent or skill, but it's always been part of my life, part of my family culture. 

woahhhhh, thats so cooool!. do they beg you buy crayons and colour pencils and stuff.?

4 hours ago, starlight said:

We have painters working in our house atm. My mum's bedroom needed three coats thanks to all the art work she freely allowed my kids to do on the walls over the years. :dry::grin: So yes, crayons, colour pencils , pastels, markers, paints (oil, water, poster) everything is still very much in use, at least in my home. 

oh wow!!! really? their own canvas of creativity eh little davincis.i hope you took a picture of their colourful genius before the three coats of paint.oh man does this take me back to when i put marker on my dads closet, he was not happy and i had to clean it off.luckily!!! for me it came off.

15 hours ago, sidnaq said:

Do kids even use the traditional art tools we grew up with such as colour pencils or crayons and markers,or is it all dead thanks to tech?

15 hours ago, starlight said:

Same here, our whole house was full of paintings of my niece who is lover of art.   

When l was little, l'd put the crayons in these rubber-band "missile launches" l'd make, and then proceed to mark-up the walls that way.

l Iater graduated to these plastic "steel" columns from a toy set. Those would go the length of the house.

After l got hold of a couple of nails and shaped them into darts, l put a couple of holes in the upstairs wall.

The result of that was l'd have to find something else to do. 

:accident: "Gawd, that hurt.!"

28 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

When l was little, l'd put the crayons in these rubber-band "missile launches" l'd make, and then proceed to mark-up the walls that way.

l Iater graduated to these plastic "steel" columns from a toy set. Those would go the length of the house.

After l got hold of a couple of nails and shaped them into darts, l put a couple of holes in the upstairs wall.

The result of that was l'd have to find something else to do. 

:accident: "Gawd, that hurt.!"

aww oh mannn, really?wow mannn

5 hours ago, sidnaq said:

aww oh mannn, really?wow mannn

Wish my mother said that. Actually her reaction was more like          :dwarf: :ranting: <--censored

This is how l did the nails--actually spikes `6inches. Cut the heads off. Then for the launched l used my toy missile carrier l got for chr!stmas, which was about a foot long and made out of steel. Then l built a launch "tube" from two angle pieces in my Erector Set(name of kit) set apart far enough for the rubber bands to go through. These were like 10 to 12 inches long. BuiIt a frame and a 'trigger'. Pull the rubber bands back and hook them. Drop it the spike. Let fly.  Ssssssss.ip .......Pow.

missed the target board.

Edited by hasanhh

17 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Wish my mother said that. Actually her reaction was more like          :dwarf: :ranting: <--censored

This is how l did the nails--actually spikes `6inches. Cut the heads off. Then for the launched l used my toy missile carrier l got for chr!stmas, which was about a foot long and made out of steel. Then l built a launch "tube" from two angle pieces in my Erector Set(name of kit) set apart far enough for the rubber bands to go through. These were like 10 to 12 inches long. BuiIt a frame and a 'trigger'. Pull the rubber bands back and hook them. Drop it the spike. Let fly.  Ssssssss.ip .......Pow.

missed the target board.

do you still have this launch tube, that sound very creative, your building process should have been encouraged.

1 hour ago, sidnaq said:

do you still have this launch tube, that sound very creative, your building process should have been encouraged.

No. l was always taking things apart after l built them.