Waseem162

Why are we lagging so far behind in this Duniya?

Salamun Alaykum.

We should all feel guilty of what has been done to our Islam (Shia Islam).

We have heard so many breath taking ahadeeth from Ahlulbayt(a.s) on "Knowledge" and how it is better even than the blood of martyrs.

But if we see our situation in the Globe "Where are WE??" Are we even close? On one hand where our Ulema e Ekraam have established a Legacy of being THE BEST intellectually

in the field of Islamic Science but on the other hand the people who are responsible to grow the community in other fields such as  Tech, Medicine, Astronomy, Physics, Chemical Science etc etc and the list goes on.

Why so? What has caused us be far behind those who don't deserve to be there.

Holy Prophet(saws) said "Knowledge is the lost entity of a believer."

And I don't remember the exact hadeeth but it goes like this - (narrated from 5th and 5th Imam(a.s)) - "Those who are not on the top among the peers and claim to be our shia have false claims, They are not our Shia."

What are some root causes we are lagging behind so much?

Where world is growing day by day the gap between us and them is going even even more wider.

Also after the advent of Social Media the "Wonderful" has taken place.

More than half of us have lost our interest + time from studies. Rather I should say We have been largely deviated.

Lets draw a line of comparison between the lives of Ulema who are pursuing Islamic science as their knowledge sphere and on the contrary We who are into the Worldly Sciences.

Our Greater Ulemas are so much immersed into their studies (Allamah Tabatabai (r.a) is one of the greatest examples) that they don't even have the time to talk unnecessarily.

Their life is filled with knowledge and they don't show any sign of arrogance. They are the real embodiment of the lives of Prophets of Allah.

But we as the follower of Wordly Science are neither immersed into it nor we are creating a legacy out of it.

The families of Ulemas have a chain of Ulemas in their Lineage.

But we don't have such chains. If we do have this just Imagine - "How many levels can we grow from our status quo!"

I see Iran as a Global Example of how they have established a greater Legacy in Both the Spheres of lives - Religious studies and Worldly Sciences.

Please if you all have any solutions of how a global student community can be setup to bring a revolution in this sphere of life then please drop your ideas.

And Tag people in this post so that they do notice where are we heading!

5 hours ago, Waseem162 said:

Salamun Alaykum.

We should all feel guilty of what has been done to our Islam (Shia Islam).

We have heard so many breath taking ahadeeth from Ahlulbayt(a.s) on "Knowledge" and how it is better even than the blood of martyrs.

But if we see our situation in the Globe "Where are WE??" Are we even close? On one hand where our Ulema e Ekraam have established a Legacy of being THE BEST intellectually

in the field of Islamic Science but on the other hand the people who are responsible to grow the community in other fields such as  Tech, Medicine, Astronomy, Physics, Chemical Science etc etc and the list goes on.

Why so? What has caused us be far behind those who don't deserve to be there.

Holy Prophet(saws) said "Knowledge is the lost entity of a believer."

And I don't remember the exact hadeeth but it goes like this - (narrated from 5th and 5th Imam(a.s)) - "Those who are not on the top among the peers and claim to be our shia have false claims, They are not our Shia."

What are some root causes we are lagging behind so much?

Where world is growing day by day the gap between us and them is going even even more wider.

Also after the advent of Social Media the "Wonderful" has taken place.

More than half of us have lost our interest + time from studies. Rather I should say We have been largely deviated.

Lets draw a line of comparison between the lives of Ulema who are pursuing Islamic science as their knowledge sphere and on the contrary We who are into the Worldly Sciences.

Our Greater Ulemas are so much immersed into their studies (Allamah Tabatabai (r.a) is one of the greatest examples) that they don't even have the time to talk unnecessarily.

Their life is filled with knowledge and they don't show any sign of arrogance. They are the real embodiment of the lives of Prophets of Allah.

But we as the follower of Wordly Science are neither immersed into it nor we are creating a legacy out of it.

The families of Ulemas have a chain of Ulemas in their Lineage.

But we don't have such chains. If we do have this just Imagine - "How many levels can we grow from our status quo!"

I see Iran as a Global Example of how they have established a greater Legacy in Both the Spheres of lives - Religious studies and Worldly Sciences.

Please if you all have any solutions of how a global student community can be setup to bring a revolution in this sphere of life then please drop your ideas.

And Tag people in this post so that they do notice where are we heading!

No harm has been done to Islam. The truth is that you can never eradicate Truthhood from Allah but rather you can fabricate Truthood which becomes falsehood. He whom says he is a Shia but is a homosexual for example is not really a Muslim rather a hypocrite. The real shame is how Islam has been fabricated,copied such as Sufism, Wahabism, Salafism, Zaidi, Ismaili, Sevener, Druze, etc. 

First of all we need to ask ourself regarding shia lagging behind are we really serious in working for the upliftment of the community .my experience and my understanding is no we don't.

We need to ask again are our organisation helping people who deserve it  again big no sorry about other part of the world I am from Mumbai and I can say it without second doubt cause I have exp and seen it happening .

what our organization does distribute books distribute food which is small part of money just to show work is on but under the table huge amount is gone .

where is the work on root cause unless root cause is elimination no matter how much you distribute food and books things wont change .

people busy in distributing fund to there  non deserving friends and relatives and on the base of specific community .

we keep bashing other religion  for the wrong doing .but not willing to learn good things from others.For E.g Convent schools no need to tell how they work what are they ...

we need genuine sincere and knowledgeable people to work for the community its high time we need change to excel in duniya or else the story will be same day in day out ......

On 7/22/2017 at 7:35 AM, zafa said:

First of all we need to ask ourself regarding shia lagging behind are we really serious in working for the upliftment of the community .my experience and my understanding is no we don't.

We need to ask again are our organisation helping people who deserve it  again big no sorry about other part of the world I am from Mumbai and I can say it without second doubt cause I have exp and seen it happening .

what our organization does distribute books distribute food which is small part of money just to show work is on but under the table huge amount is gone .

where is the work on root cause unless root cause is elimination no matter how much you distribute food and books things wont change .

people busy in distributing fund to there  non deserving friends and relatives and on the base of specific community .

we keep bashing other religion  for the wrong doing .but not willing to learn good things from others.For E.g Convent schools no need to tell how they work what are they ...

we need genuine sincere and knowledgeable people to work for the community its high time we need change to excel in duniya or else the story will be same day in day out ......

I too belong to India and am very much aware of what harm has been done to our community. There is no such wave of "Knowledge", There is no thirst to gain as much as we can from various resources. I find students have lost their motivations and are ready to settle for less. Many factors are responsible for demotivation of our students. 

Our Community leaders have never given any importance to education in the right sense of the word.

You can't just open a tier 4 university and brag about it.

I am worried about Shias of India.

Where all other sects especially Sunnis and Wahhabis are excelling day by day in every field, our children are just active to commemorate Moharram but are dormant otherwise. There is no such All India Shia student community which can establish a great flow of knowledge from Experts to the beginners.

Nothing bro nothing!

We are still living in the bubble of Jahiliya.

We should do something rather than just sitting and talking.

I was thinking about this earlier today. I stopped myself from going to far in my thought process because I felt I have not read enough material to find an answer (as I have just come to Shiism very recently). I believe the more you read the wisdom Allah swt has provided us (and taught by others far more qualified and learned than us) our duties will be clear. 

A few things did pop into my mind:

-I believe the Shia are guards of Allah swts true message, the final and perfect gift that was bestowed on to humanity. 

-There are those who have devoted their lives to continuously guide those who seek it through Jurisprudence, etc 

-I'd even say there is a richness and intensity to the daily practice. The aforementioned active relationship with the muraji 

-Historically Shia have been under some sort of repression. They were and are (less today if you think about it) marginalized, yet autonomous communities

-I always noticed (and was intrigued by) this knowing that Shia seem to have. There is something about them that is strong, secure. Sure of. I can't put it into words and I have a point to the picture I'm trying to present for your insights :) 

-The Shia have had to immigrate time and time again. Start lives and entire communities from scratch 

-Psychologically, culturally and sociologically maybe this grasp of Islam, this richness is heritage and tradition and what they've had to go through - there is a disconnect from dunya and the society at large. 

The minds that have come our Iran alone (researchers, medical practitioners, etc) is enough to say that good things are being done. Amazing things have been contributed by Shia individuals. 

-but there is a sense of separation between Shia and the world at large. Community stays within its own community, including service. I think it's getting used to the feeling of constantly being ostracized. 

-Younger generations are going out and "mixing" and doing great work. I found a masjid that is basically nondenominational. Shia and Sunni of all sects praying side by side and feeding the homeless together. But that's one message of the many I've been to in a 40mi radius. 

I think looking at habits and the psychology and history of the Shia is key 

The solution would to be to reintroduce the importance of branching out and getting involved. Let's say in the United States, first generation Shia no longer have to relocate. They've settled. I hope they can inherit the good that comes with a new perspective rather than the habits of our family and religious culture.

so yea, find out what our roles should be through Deen, keep in tandem with your marja, and get get active. That progress (although too much is just silly haha that's my humble opinion "progress is a great thing but it's gone on too long ") is healthy when seen through the lens of Islam. Psychology, sociology, Community Services, et al are necessary for our own benefit. 

But I can see now how a Shia can be separate and have taken solace in understanding Islam from a very powerful perspective - one that can just leave us praying, procrastinating, defending them ... simply departing. 

On 7/22/2017 at 7:47 AM, Waseem162 said:

I too belong to India and am very much aware of what harm has been done to our community. There is no such wave of "Knowledge", There is no thirst to gain as much as we can from various resources. I find students have lost their motivations and are ready to settle for less. Many factors are responsible for demotivation of our students. 

Our Community leaders have never given any importance to education in the right sense of the word.

You can't just open a tier 4 university and brag about it.

I am worried about Shias of India.

Where all other sects especially Sunnis and Wahhabis are excelling day by day in every field, our children are just active to commemorate Moharram but are dormant otherwise. There is no such All India Shia student community which can establish a great flow of knowledge from Experts to the beginners.

Nothing bro nothing!

We are still living in the bubble of Jahiliya.

We should do something rather than just sitting and talking.

offcourse bro we should do something suggest something how ,talking is the basic unless you talk you wont do things , first step is to talk about it bro :) 

On 7/24/2017 at 2:18 AM, zafa said:

offcourse bro we should do something suggest something how ,talking is the basic unless you talk you wont do things , first step is to talk about it bro :) 

I'm mailing you. You can check over there.