ali_fatheroforphans

If Sunnis love Imam Ali (as) and Ahlulbayt (as)

Rate this topic

Salam,

Please note that the purpose of this thread is to not bash Sunnis or anything. I just want an honest answer, possibly from a Sunni.

I just have this thought since I have literally been going to Sunni mosques for Friday prayer, since the Shia mosque has not been yet constructed in the place where I live.

So I have noticed Sunnis saying statement such as "we love Imam Ali (as) for the sake of Allah", "We hold Imam Ali (as) and Ahlulbayt (as) in a very high status".

Why Is it that whenever I walk in a Sunni mosque for Friday prayer, I hardly even hear the word "Ali" or even "Ahlulbayt". This love that they claim to have isn't really love if they don't spend time educating their youth about these personalities. It hurts when I don't hear Imam Ali (as) ever mentioned in their sermons. Why only stories about Sahaba, Umar and Abu Bakar?

Does talking about Imam Ali (as) create trouble within the Sunni community or imply that you are deviant?

Maybe I am wrong or it might just be the mosque I go to. What are your opinions?

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

I went to Suni Mosque too. I observed the same thing. Friday prayer pattern is totally different. Once you go into Shia mosque you hear a lot about Ahlul Bayt (A.S), you hear Duas taught to us by Ahlul Bayth (A.S) specially in rajab and ramzan. It feel so good.  Then personally I never ever heard anything regarding Imam Mehdi (A.S) in their Friday prayers, which is sad. 

Edited by Syed Irtiza Ali Rizvi

8 minutes ago, Syed Irtiza Ali Rizvi said:

Once you go into Shia mosque you hear a lot about Ahlul Bayt (A.S), you hear Duas taught to us by Ahlul Bayth (A.S) specially in rajab and ramzan

Looks like I am missing out by not going to a Shia friday prayer.

I am being very critical but I have not gained any knowledge by listening to Friday sermons in Sunni mosques. I walk out without learning anything new. All I hear is very general statements such as 'keep your iman', 'have belief' etc no wisdom in their speakers. 

Only positive is that I fulfill my obligation of reading Jummah and I also meet my Sunni friends there.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

The prophet[sawaws] ordered us to obey Ahlulbayt how ever they don't.

The Prophet said as long as you remain connected to them you will never go astray.

Sunnis say we love ahlulbayt but don't actually obey them.

Sunnis eat rabbits.We don't,cause Imam Musa ibn Jafar Al Kazim [a.s] said cause the Rabbit is something replicated as humans.Recent scientific researches found out that Rabbit females have their monthly period(sorry if I am being rude just addressing what they are).

Sunnis eat Dhub,Hyena,even puppies(not kidding literally),they follow ALL sahabis,they praise Muawiya who killed Imam Ali [a.s]. They thing for Sahabis ALL are righteous and the killer and killed in Heavens.

They don't follow them,which means they are in misguidance.

:) 

6 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

they follow ALL sahabis

Even we shia follow all sahabis, but we don't follow munafiqeens. Definition of Sahab is different in both school of thoughts.

Edited by Syed Irtiza Ali Rizvi

They follow those guys Abu Hurayra,Muawiya,Talha,Zubair,Aby sufyan etc..

Sahabis for them is anyone who met the prophet.

Edited by Unforgiven

4 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Looks like I am missing out by not going to a Shia friday prayer.

I am being very critical but I have not gained any knowledge by listening to Friday sermons in Sunni mosques. I walk out without learning anything new. All I hear is very general statements such as 'keep your iman', 'have belief' etc no wisdom in their speakers. 

Being real for a second, a very large number of our speakers (not just english speakers, arabic too) are unversed in scholarly matters and speak garbage from the pulpit, and the audience lap it up, let's not pretend this is a problem exclusive to sunnis.

The interesting thing is that in shia mosques, I often do not hear anything other than stories about the Al-uhl Bayt. So in my opinion sunnis could mention Al-uhl bayt more often while shia should mention Allah swt., Mohammad sas. and other prophets and sahaba more often.

10 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

Please note that the purpose of this thread is to not bash Sunnis or anything. I just want an honest answer, possibly from a Sunni.

I just have this thought since I have literally been going to Sunni mosques for Friday prayer, since the Shia mosque has not been yet constructed in the place where I live.

So I have noticed Sunnis saying statement such as "we love Imam Ali (as) for the sake of Allah", "We hold Imam Ali (as) and Ahlulbayt (as) in a very high status".

Why Is it that whenever I walk in a Sunni mosque for Friday prayer, I hardly even hear the word "Ali" or even "Ahlulbayt". This love that they claim to have isn't really love if they don't spend time educating their youth about these personalities. It hurts when I don't hear Imam Ali (as) ever mentioned in their sermons. Why only stories about Sahaba, Umar and Abu Bakar?

Does talking about Imam Ali (as) create trouble within the Sunni community or imply that you are deviant?

Maybe I am wrong or it might just be the mosque I go to. What are your opinions?

They dont follow Ahlulbayt tradition so they are not going to value Ahlulbayt. In their trusted hadith, someone like Uthmaan is beautiful in the eyes of Allah rather than Ali Ibn Abi Talib.

13 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

They follow those guys Abu Hurayra,Muawiya,Talha,Zubair,Aby sufyan etc..

Sahabis for them is anyone who met the prophet.

Sunnis take thousands of ahadith from ibn abbas, jabir b abdullah and abu saeed khudri as well 

if you know Arabic you'll understand what he's saying..If not, he is saying that in comparison, shia are being educated when they are children about fiqh, and when they debate or discuss they talk to the Sunni young adults about our ideology that our young adults don't even know! or something along those lines

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:21 AM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

So I have noticed Sunnis saying statement such as "we love Imam Ali (as) for the sake of Allah", "We hold Imam Ali (as) and Ahlulbayt (as) in a very high status".?

Our madhab (along with its ahadith/sermons collection) principally revolves around one personality i.e Prophet Muhammad (SAW) who is the best guide and the last messenger. All other Muslims are his followers and servants. Those who served him well will be remembered InshaAllah.

We have multiple Jumah Sermons and we also have in our books recorded 4 Juma Sermons related to each Caliph which is about praise of Allah and His messenger (saw). As you may have noticed that apart from the mention of prophet (saw) in our most common Jumah Sermons** we make mention of 4 caliphs including Ali (ra) we also mention Hassanain (raa) and Fatimah (ra) and also Hamza , Abbas. any other names are rarely mentioned.

We believe that following and praising Ahly Bait or Ashab is because they followed the footsteps of Prophet (saw)... otherwise they did not have their individual statuses.

**(as also quoted by Allama Thanwi, a Sunni scholar [of deobandi thoughts, who are generally considered more opposed to Shias]  in his book "Juma ke Khutbe" Pg 63 published by DARUL ISHAAT)

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:21 AM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Yes.... i have seen this more in deobandi/salafi mosques and I think that they should mention Ahly bait (as) more than they usually do without any fear that sunnis would adopt shia thoughts.

I think that one reason for mentioning Umar (ra) more than any other caliph (as Uthman (ra) is also not mentioned as much) is because Umar's reign was prosperous and is regarded as sound era with much to learn about positive sides of Islam.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 0:20 PM, Unforgiven said:

The prophet[sawaws] ordered us to obey Ahlulbayt how ever they don't.

The Prophet said as long as you remain connected to them you will never go astray.

Sunnis say we love ahlulbayt but don't actually obey them.

Unfortunately, we as Sunnis, now a days even struggle to follow prophet (saw) as much as we should and you are talking about Ahly bait? BTW do Shias obey Ahly Bait?

Sunnis eat rabbits.We don't,cause Imam Musa ibn Jafar Al Kazim [a.s] said cause the Rabbit is something replicated as humans.Recent scientific researches found out that Rabbit females have their monthly period(sorry if I am being rude just addressing what they are).

We eat because we also reliable ahadith about its permissibility by prophet (saw) and some narrations are mutawatir:

"We chased a rabbit at Mar-al-Zahran and the people ran after it but were exhausted. I overpowered and caught it, and gave it to Abu Talha who slaughtered it and sent its hip or two thighs to Allah's Apostle. (The narrator confirms that he sent two thighs). The Prophet (ﷺ) accepted that. (The sub-narrator asked Anas, "Did the Prophet; eat from it?" Anas replied, "He ate from it.") al-Bukhari

Sunnis eat Dhub,Hyena,even puppies(not kidding literally),

According to Ahlus Sunnah, dhub is "haram"...  it is eaten by some ultra-salafists. However, I have researched the topic and its clear based on a reliable hadith in Sunan Abi Dawood that eating Lizard (Dhub) is prohibited (decision came at later stage like many other things which were gradually forbidden).

Regarding eating Hyenas etc... the largest group of Ahlus Sunnah i.e. Hanafi do not allow it based on hadith in Muslim and Bukhari while others consider it as permissible game. so it is a controverisial matter like that of sea-food.

Islam is not about the ahlul bayt, it's about living a faithful life and Remembering Allah and his messengers. Basing an entirely new religion on events that occurred after the Prophet's death seems like the deviant thing to me. The Prophet and his family are loved, respected and celebrated amongst sunnis. 

12 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Islam is not about the ahlul bayt, it's about living a faithful life and Remembering Allah and his messengers. Basing an entirely new religion on events that occurred after the Prophet's death seems like the deviant thing to me. The Prophet and his family are loved, respected and celebrated amongst sunnis. 

The same Messenger have clearly said in his last sermon to hold on Qur'an and Ahlulbait (as). This is not something that you can just ignore, it is an command from Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى to follow both of them, because they are the means and teacher that make us to know more about Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى and how we should live an faithful way.