Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī

Why do Salafis refer to shias as zorastrian priest

Reza

Anti-Shia rhetoric is sometimes combined and conflated with Persian history, culture or traditions. Often with a xenophobic or deceptive approach.

Message added by Reza

Rate this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• Most Shi'a don't pray? May I remind you that being a tarik al salat might be worse than adultery.
    • What are the possible meanings of word "Kitab" in Quranic Arabic?
      It appears that it has a wide range of meanings e.g.,

كِتَابٌ مَّرْقُومٌ
      Written Book (83:20)

كِتَابٌ مَّعْلُومٌ
      Term made known (15:4)

كِتَابٌ يَنطِقُ بِالْحَقِّ
      Book which speaks with truth

لَكِتَابٌ عَزِيزٌ
      A Mighty Book (41:41)

كِتَابٌ حَفِيظٌ
      A writing that preserves (50:4)

And today while I was reciting the chapter 27, I found that the same word "Kitab" is used in the meaning of letter.

كِتَابٌ كَرِيمٌ
      Honorable Letter (27:29)

اذْهَب بِّكِتَابِي هَذَا فَأَلْقِهْ إِلَيْهِمْ ثُمَّ تَوَلَّ عَنْهُمْ فَانظُرْ مَاذَا يَرْجِعُونَ قَالَتْ يَا أَيُّهَا المَلَأُ إِنِّي أُلْقِيَ إِلَيَّ كِتَابٌ كَرِيمٌ

So as per translations, "Kitab" possibly means "Book", "Record", "Writing", "Letter", "Term"...

Please share with me if you know more possible meanings of word "Kitab" or its root word "Ka Ta Ba"..
    • Out of curiosity - what would you personally require to know that God exits? I mean, do you wanna see a big white fluff of cotton to know God exists or something like that?
    • So now we will have to define sense and perception. Sense is ability to think and perception is ability to understand. And when you understand and think obviously you will deduce somethings.
    •   salam. you are slightly mistaken about the way sunnis view the quran and abrogation. there are 3 types of abrogations: 1. verse and ruling both abrogated. 2. verse abrogated but ruling stays. 3. verse stays but ruling abrogated. the third kind remain in the quran today as well ofc, for example the verses of khumr being permissible under certain conditions. the first and second types are the ones that are mentioned in the ahadith. but this conversation has slightly derailed. i hope you dont mind my going back to the original point. question was, how can we trust the shia narrators/versions of ahadith? i will do you one good. i will stop presenting the sanad argument. and even though you said i believe in the quran because of sunni hadith, i dont. ofc not. anyway, i will ask the same question about the sunni narrators. how can we trust them? so that we have no reason to trust either of the narrators. fair enough? all we have and believe in is the quran. so the next questions that comes up are two: 1) which version should we trust and accept, the sunni or the shia? and 2) without relying on either shia or sunni hadith, how can we justify different variants of the quran available today or how do we know which is the actual quran?  i know you might think i am repeating myself. but i am not. also, i want to outline one possible response from you before hand. you might say that the quran itself says that Allah wants to rid the ahlul bayt of rijs. to purify them. and the ahlul bayt tell us that the quran which is prevalent among the masses is the actual quran. but the problem with that answer is that the verse of purification is for the 5, or the ahlul kisa, not for the remaining imams. and the only way you know that the remaining imams are included in this verse is because of ahadith narrated by shia narrators. which we decided, along with sunni narrators, cant be trusted. and hence this response to the second question doesnt hold. P.S. i dont believe uthman arranged the order of the surahs. i believe the order of the surahs was decided by the prophet pbuh, not by the companions. as for the hadith in abu dawud and tirmidhi which basically says uthman placed surah taubah and anfal together of his own, it is a weak hadith.