Rate this topic

Looks like an interesting documentary. Inshallah I'll watch it when I get time.

Atheism is a serious cancer which is spreading everywhere. It is going to get worse and worse over time. So many young Muslims are growing up confused (I too was confused at one stage), and in all honesty they are no different to the Christian youth who take religion as a joke. You see so many Muslims who are literally adopting all the bad traits of the Western culture. Dating, night clubbing, music, going to bars and free mixing has become so common that Muslims are starting to question Islam. Parents are so confused and they often just let their kids do whatever.

Life is so fast paced, and it is making everyone more and more stupid. No one even dares to question his very own existence. Everyone just loves to dance and loosen up. You hear sayings such as "take it easy", "live your life man", "tonight is gonna be the night", "go with the flow".

This lifestyle is very dangerous and very sad. Our communities have a big part to play to help the future generations. The future of the Muslim ummah is our youth. We need to do everything to help the confused youth. 

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

1 hour ago, Unforgiven said:

Atheism can be abbreviated by a small mathematical equation which 0=1,every thing came from nothing.Any atheist here :) ?

I think I am the only one here. 

As a child I was never instructed into any belief and I have never taken up a belief. I don’t think there’s a heaven and a hell other than the ones we carry around with us.

I see religion as a force that wishes to extinguish the lights your curiosity switches on.
It aims to imprison and brainwash you into accepting intellectual mediocrity. 
Blind obedience is praised, imagination and questions discouraged.

wslm.

Edited by Quisant

23 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Atheism is a serious cancer which is spreading everywhere. It is going to get worse and worse over time. So many young Muslims are growing up confused (I too was confused at one stage), and in all honesty they are no different to the Christian youth who take religion as a joke. You see so many Muslims who are literally adopting all the bad traits of the Western culture. Dating, night clubbing, music, going to bars and free mixing has become so common that Muslims are starting to question Islam. Parents are so confused and they often just let their kids do whatever.

Life is so fast paced, and it is making everyone more and more stupid. No one even dares to question his very own existence. Everyone just loves to dance and loosen up. You hear sayings such as "take it easy", "live your life man", "tonight is gonna be the night", "go with the flow".

This lifestyle is very dangerous and very sad. Our communities have a big part to play to help the future generations. The future of the Muslim ummah is our youth. We need to do everything to help the confused youth. 

Atheism is bad influence. Brother, ignore it. These are rough times and they will only get more rough but that is what is expected. The world is only going to get more poisoned until the Mahdi arrives. Have patience and ignore the Dunya. Verily it succumbs one's mind!

1 hour ago, Unforgiven said:

Atheism can be abbreviated by a small mathematical equation which 0=1,every thing came from nothing.

That's a very simplified and naive conclusion. Atheists do believe in a cause, they just don't call it God, they call it the big bang, or energy or some field, and they're continually studying to find it. 

9 minutes ago, Quisant said:

As a child I was never instructed into any belief and I have never taken up a belief. I don’t think there’s a heaven and a hell other than the ones we carry around with us.

I see religion as a force that wishes to extinguish the lights your curiosity switches on.

wslm.

So what are your thoughts on God? and who is the creator?

17 minutes ago, Quisant said:

Quran has one of the most beautiful ways of talking to us. Allah never forces us to live the way he wants us to, but he is showing us two different paths. The choice is ultimately ours and we will have to bear the consequences. We can either choose to worship him out of humbleness or reject him out of ignorance.

12950444_1086615464732866_902798471_n.jpg

12 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

So what are your thoughts on God?

I just don't think there are any Gods or Goddesses.

And If there should be a God that judges us... I have nothing to be ashamed of

I accept my life for what it is: a fleeting moment in time and space. And that is what makes it much more precious than what any God could bestow upon me. 
I am OK with being a meaningless spec in the grand scheme of things; a single transient spark which extinguishes itself after a fleeting moment in this universe. 

13 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

and who is the creator?

The lowest common denominator of all things in the universe is physical energy. 
So the best guess at the moment is that physical energy is the first cause.

6 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Quran has one of the most beautiful ways of talking to us. Allah never forces us to live the way he wants us to, but he is showing us two different paths. The choice is ultimately ours and we will have to bear the consequences. We can either choose to worship him out of humbleness or reject him out o

If there existed an Omnipotent God who wished everyone to know Him, it would be the case that everyone knows God exists.
It is not the case that everyone knows God exists.

@Quisant

What are you doing in this forum? How did it caught your interest, specially when it is such a small forum, representing such a small community. 25% muslim* 20% shia = 5% of the world's population. And we aren't like the jews either, who aren't even 1%, yet they are at the top and forerunners in almost everything. 

23 minutes ago, Quisant said:

If there existed an Omnipotent God who wished everyone to know Him, it would be the case that everyone knows God exists.
It is not the case that everyone knows God exists.

Everyone to some extent has the desire to turn to a higher supreme being. However everyone might not really have the same description or definition of God. 

How do you think so many religions have come into existence? Why is it that almost all of them have this higher being who they turn to? Is it some coincidence that humans have this innate nature?

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

I am half Lebanese half Italian, both religious countries. My roots are deep.

I am also a curious person and enjoy other people's opinions.

ws

No, because you know very well, that you are made from Stardust, and nothing out there is without a purpose/everything serves a purpose. No Scientist, or Evolutionist believes that its ALL without a purpose. Because that would be intellectual dishonesty, as the Proof is apparent to ALL., thru their observations and Data.

Evolution, say, survival of the fittest. How do you fit into this? Do you even believe in it or you git some special ideas, care to educate us?

1 hour ago, Quisant said:

wslm.

If you are an atheist, you have no basis to believe in an objective morality where rules that govern human behaviour are inherently true, and no basis to believe that any particular action is right or wrong and will lead to any divine punishment or reward. So I ask you, what is wrong with extinguishing the lights of curiosity? Or imprisoning minds and brainwashing into accepting intellectual mediocrity? Or blind obedience? Or discouraging imagination and questions? Please justify what you're saying.

1 hour ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam Ali-fatheroforphans,

It does look interesting. I'd like to watch it with my hubby to see what he thinks about it. My hubby did go through an atheist phase (for lack of a better way to describe it) when he was younger. However, God brought him back to Him, sorta like Jesus' story of the Prodigal Son: :)

Jesus continued: “There was a man who had two sons. 12 The younger one said to his father, ‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them.

13 “Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living.

14 After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need. 15 So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. 16 He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything.

17 “When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! 18 I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.’ 20 So he got up and went to his father.

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

21 “The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’

22 “But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. 24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.

- Luke 15:11-24 (NIV)

Atheism is a serious cancer which is spreading everywhere. It is going to get worse and worse over time.

True, but it's not a surprise. Jesus Christ prophesied the following:

At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.   - Matthew 24:10-13 (NIV)

So many young Muslims are growing up confused (I too was confused at one stage), and in all honesty they are no different to the Christian youth who take religion as a joke.

Just like there are sincere young Muslims, so there are sincere young Christians who don't "take religion as a joke" but who rather truly love God!!! :)

Peace and God bless you

47 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

How do you think so many religions have come into existence? Why is it that almost all of them have this higher being who they turn to? Is it some coincidence that humans have this innate nature?

Sigmund Freud wrote:
"Religion is the process of unconscious wish fulfilment, where, for certain people, if the process did not take place it would put them in self-danger of coming to mental harm, being unable to cope with the idea of a godless, purposeless life."

My personal belief is that most people are drawn to religion because it promises 'eternal life' and human vanity wants that to be true.

Religion does confirm deep and essential human needs; it would be superficial not to admit it.
To deny the spiritual aspects because we haven’t yet deciphered them rationally is a myopic attitude when confronted with human complexities. I am not sure why people believe, that is why I frequent the odd religious forum.

ws

Edited by Quisant

1 hour ago, SlaveOfAllah14 said:

That's a very simplified and naive conclusion. Atheists do believe in a cause, they just don't call it God, they call it the big bang, or energy or some field, and they're continually studying to find it. 

I know there is a cause,as having 2 young scientist sisters,but what I meant the mass of all the universe must had something that created it,the planets rotate on a specific axis,the conditions we exist on the plant is very rare,almost no planet exist with ALL things on our planet,maybe water,maybe oxygen,maybe soil,maybe maybe maybe but I don't think we can see planet with ALL of these combined,in addition I am not being funny,look up the verses in the Quran:

see this page  http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/

and this http://www.speed-light.info/miracles_of_quran/

Very nice websites.

35 minutes ago, S.M.H.A. said:

Evolution, say, survival of the fittest. How do you fit into this? Do you even believe in it or you git some special ideas, care to educate us?

You sound angry.

I am not here to educate anybody, there is so much information out there already.

What ever I say you would not take seriously, google is your best friend.

:)

16 minutes ago, Quisant said:

My personal belief is that most people are drawn to religion because it promises of 'eternal life' and human vanity wants that to be true.

Salam Quisant,

That's an interesting point. Definitely the promise of eternal life has something to do with why many people are drawn to different religions.

Paul said something that is a very good point about Christians (who in his time were being martyred for Jesus, although they didn't kill anybody or try to invade/conquer other people):

And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied. - 1 Corinthians 15:17-19 (NIV)

While some Christians today in certain parts of the world are being persecuted and put to torture or death even though they haven't hurt anybody, in Paul's time, most Christians endured persecution of some form...

Paul actually persecuted Christians before he became one himself, which is the picture of irony. (It proves to me that God has a sense of humor, lol.) Paul was killed for Jesus' sake, as well as the apostles of Jesus were martyred, with the exception of Judas Iscariot who hung himself after betraying Jesus :( and John who was exiled to Patmos. 

Anyways, definitely for both Christianity and Islam, the promise of eternal life is a very attractive one! Interesting point you made. For early Christians, the promise of eternal life is what gave them the courage to face an early and often torturous death out of love for Jesus Christ, where denying Jesus would have been their way of escaping that death...

Peace and God bless you

Edited by Christianlady

You sound angry.

I am not here to educate anybody, there is so much information out there already.

What ever I say you would not take seriously, google is your best friend.

:)

I just informed you of the Facts. 

Look, we are not having that conversation.So, take it easy. That was a different Thread, and that conversation was according to that Topic.

Leave Religion aside for now.

You do have a god, its "I". So you are not an Athiest, Its all about 'I".  What I see, What I want, what I want to accept, what I want to imagine, what I feel like doing, I am Free. That's you Religion and Your god is "I"

Regarding this 'I " submitting to any authority  or Law. Like this 'I' which is made of stardust, in Universal Terms. As everything is made out of Stardust(Stars. planets, sun, moon etc...). You are subject to its(Universal Law). You can't control a thing, at a Macro level, at micro level you have some freedom. But you are bound by its Laws and it dictates you will become stardust again, and the next time this system goes SuperNova you will be scattered out in the unknown universe. and may be an inannamate object next time around may be in few billion years. 

So, since you are here, you do have to abide by Earthly laws(no escaping it).And on of the laws is the survival of the fittest. How do you evaluate yourself in this regards? that was my question.

With what you describe above that you are just content, that would be termed as abject failure(academically speaking)  in terms of Evolution. So, in terms of your Free form god process, how do you evaluate yourself?

If you are seen as a success, you may attract some people,So share you success in this carefree and god free world of yours.

@Quisant Yeah Islam does confirm that heaven is eternal. God is also eternal and he has created heaven which will last forever. It is quite natural that we humans hate the fact that this world is so short and will end. However, it is your own assumption that humans have created this imaginary concept.

There is a beautiful verse in the quran which we utter 5 times a day in our prayers:

"Our Lord, give us in this world [that which is] good and in the Hereafter [that which is] good and protect us from the punishment of the Fire." (Quran 2:201)

Many people choose to accept Islam because it promises them a great life in this world and also in the hereafter. I know if you look at it from a material perspective, you will definitely question this. Maybe to you, a lot of people suffer and go through tough times etc. However, spiritually this is not the case at all. 

The main reason religion was sent down was to perfect our morals. We have the potential to become worse than animals or even better than angels. God has given us something which animals don't have, which is the human intellect. Can science ever explain why humans have the drive to be ethical and morally upright, while animals don't. Why do we humans have this drive of repelling evil and perusing good?